Krabi To Hat Yai

universe2000

In a few weeks I want to take a bus/minibus from Krabi to Hat Yai in order to pick up the train at 3:20pm in Hat Yai.

I saw online that there are many air-con bus departures from the Krabi Bus Terminal.

For the minibus departures it says that they depart from Sanham Nam.

1) Is that near the Bus Terminal?

2) How long does the minibus take to get to Hat Yai?

In a few weeks I want to take a bus/minibus from Krabi to Hat Yai in order to pick up the train at 3:20pm in Hat Yai.

I saw online that there are many air-con bus departures from the Krabi Bus Terminal.

For the minibus departures it says that they depart from Sanham Nam.

1) Is that near the Bus Terminal?

2) How long does the minibus take to get to Hat Yai?

The mini-buses leave the Krabi Town area at about 7:00 & 11:00 am. The drive takes about 4 - 4.5 hours. Therefore, if you decide to go by minibus you should opt for the 7 am departure. There are many minibus operators to Hadyai from Krabi. If you are staying in Krabi Town accommodation, most will pick you up at your place just before the departure time. The minivan will usually stop in Trang for about 10-15 minutes, to have a drink, a bite to eat, and use the bathroom facilities at a particular place for that purpose. Here, you can tell the driver you want to get off at the Hadyai Train Station and after reaching Hadyai City he will drop you right in front of it. I haven't heard the phrase "Sanham Nam" before, but it may refer to the central departure "point" for the minivans, which is a small street running from the street along the Krabi River (Uttarakit Road) to the Krabi Fresh Market (Talad Maharat). Sanham Nam may be the name of that street???

The Krabi Bus Station is in Talad Kao about 5 kilometers outside Krabi Town. I don't recall the bus departure times from Krabi to Hadyai, but they tend to require slightly longer travel time than the minibus. Anywhere from 4.5 to 5 hours, (or even longer sometimes.) The bus will take you to the Hadyai Bus Terminal which is NOT near the train station so you will have to hire transport to transfer to the train station.

Basically, the bus is more comfortable, but the minibus is much more convenient.

I looked at the page which you provided the link for, and can say that Sawadee has done a good job with the Krabi travel info--for the most part.

I am familiar with the area in front of the Krabi District Office and there is a tour office which provides minibus service to Hadyai from there. But it is only one of many such minibus operators in Krabi Town and from my view it is not the center for the minibuses to Hadyai. AFAIK, most of the operators contact each other in order to help fill vacancies in the vehicles. It is low season now, and most of them are probably running with vacant seats on nearly every trip.