Bye Bye Ronaldo

thaimiller

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying on the Man U thread that whilst he's pretty much irreplacable, that's too much money, especially in today's economy, to turn down.

A little shake up might not be a bad thing and having 80m cash coming in will assure that.

Just saying on the Man U thread that whilst he's pretty much irreplacable, that's too much money, especially in today's economy, to turn down.

A little shake up might not be a bad thing and having 80m cash coming in will assure that.

But is this money needed to pay off some of the debt used to buy the club.

Whoever ManU try to buy now will cost a lot more then they did a day ago now theyve this money, and Ribery certainly isnt a 40 million GBP player.

Seems as if Real have confirmed theyre a bigger club and draw then ManU.

a lot of united fans including me think this is a good thing,we can build a team around rooney not play him on the wing and play him where he likes to play,we have great young talent comming through 80 mill to spend add to 25 mill we already have,we are in a very good position.

its not about bigger club or draw everyone new he wanted to play for madrid ands good luck to him and hope he goes well there.

we all know madrid needs to spend big to compete with barca, barca are miles ahead of real at the moment they where shocking against pool at anfield.

maybe they might throw robben in with the deal.

united could buy ribery, benzema and valencia for 80m quid but there's no guarantee those players would bully the flat tracks like ronaldo has done.

couple of manc mates are emailing me telling me that the 80m will not all be reinvested in players.

If your a proffessional footballer, you couldn't turn down Real Madrid. I know Man Utd are certainly a massive club, but its Real Madrid for god sake. Good luck to the guy, never my favourite player, but you can't deny his talent.

But is this money needed to pay off some of the debt used to buy the club.

Whoever ManU try to buy now will cost a lot more then they did a day ago now theyve this money, and Ribery certainly isnt a 40 million GBP player.

Seems as if Real have confirmed theyre a bigger club and draw then ManU.

well they are now they've got 200m to spend and have just bought kaka. :)

it always was a bigger draw in fairness to him. he's from portugal, real madrid are simply bigger and more famous there than united ever were or could be.

united could buy ribery, benzema and valencia for 80m quid but there's no guarantee those players would bully the flat tracks like ronaldo has done.

couple of manc mates are emailing me telling me that the 80m will not all be reinvested in players.

I'd be willing to bet that this deal was organised a long time ago and Fergie has got the players he wants lined up to come in shortly.

I'd be willing to bet that this deal was organised a long time ago and Fergie has got the players he wants lined up to come in shortly.

could be aye. i can't think of a player who they can get to replace him who will contribute the amount of goals and assists he has done though, particularly against the lesser teams, the must-wins that win leagues.

it always was a bigger draw in fairness to him. he's from portugal, real madrid are simply bigger and more famous there than united ever were or could be.

If Man U can sell their TV rights alone as Real and Barca do theyll be a far richer club as for no other reason the Premier League is the worlds most popular league and theyre the biggest club in it.

If Man U can sell their TV rights alone as Real and Barca do theyll be a far richer club as for no other reason the Premier League is the worlds most popular league and theyre the biggest club in it.

but that has no bearing on real madrid being a bigger draw to a portuguese player than united ever could be. madrid is the most popular club in south america for example which is why so many brasilians want to play there. it's just a more popular club with latin players than united ever could be.

What was it Fergie said about not selling them a virus?

Anyway, if the deal does go through it will be good to get such a decent price. Real have had a habit of taking players Premiership stars on the cheap, like Owen and Beckham. Bout time they paid through the nose!

This will serve to bring Rooney on again, Rooney is a better finisher if he can get the service and indeed was involved in most of Ronaldo's goals anyway- Rooonneee -Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee -Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee -Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee -Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee - Rooonneee -

Oops sorry got carried away - bye bye Ronnie

Edited by dougieboy

Possibly be able to keep Tevez and and buy Ribery ? I mean Real Madrid aren't Man.City who can afford to but every player in the universe ... if they wanted to sign that is. It's got to stop somewhere. :)

I'm not too sure. But I think that Berbatov could well offer Man u more than Ronaldo in the long run. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turns around his none too impressive form since he signed for them.

By my (albeitly dodgy!) maths that means that:

According to the prices, Kaka is worth 70% as much as Ronaldo.

For an extra 20% the Real Madrid president could buy Newcastle at what Mike Ashley has put the club up for sale as.

£80 million is the equivalent of just under four 1KG gold bars.

Or 5.3 David Bentley's

Or a team of Dean Ashton's (including a Deano keeper) with £250,000 spare to go on medical bills.

Firstly i find it quite amusing that Ronaldo is worth almost the entire Newcastle club :)

I'm a United fan, but i think it is time that Ronaldo moved on. Yes he'll be missed, but Sir Alex has shown time and time again, he know just when to sell players. Right when they start to think they are better than they actually are; when they think they are better than everyone on the team, and when their talent/value is no longer increasing.

I'd be willing to make a bet that Ronaldo will never been worth more than he is right now.

Ronaldo was a great player this year...but do you remember last year? He was far better last year.

This year his attitude really started to become a problem, far more sulking, often showing disrespect to teammates and manager. Such as playing a poor ball then turning around to yell at a "lesser" teammate 30 yards away who should have magically been in that spot. Or the throwing T-Shirts around when substituted.

Plus it seems to be getting to the point in his career were injuries become a problem. He was out for most of the first half of the season, plus now i'm hearing stories of hernia surgery etc...

My one fear in this situation, as other have mentioned, is that the money will not be reinvested into the squad and instead be used to pay off debts. Fergie is no fool, he will not sit by, having his players sold out from under him (if this were to be the case), if he is not allowed to reinvest this money...you never know, he could walk.

Losing Ronaldo is a blow, but losing Ferguson would be a catastrophe.

Ronaldo was a great player this year...but do you remember last year? He was far better last year.

Ronaldo is best playing as a winger. It seemed strange that Ferguson decided to play him up front and Rooney on the wing.

he hasn't really played as a 'winger' for a couple of seasons. he starts wide and generally goes where he likes. last season he was devastating and largely unplayable, this season he hasn't really wanted to be there. he only really started to play this season in about february when trophies were on the horizon.

Firstly i find it quite amusing that Ronaldo is worth almost the entire Newcastle club :)

I'm a United fan, but i think it is time that Ronaldo moved on. Yes he'll be missed, but Sir Alex has shown time and time again, he know just when to sell players. Right when they start to think they are better than they actually are; when they think they are better than everyone on the team, and when their talent/value is no longer increasing.

I'd be willing to make a bet that Ronaldo will never been worth more than he is right now.

This year his attitude really started to become a problem, far more sulking, often showing disrespect to teammates and manager. Such as playing a poor ball then turning around to yell at a "lesser" teammate 30 yards away who should have magically been in that spot. Or the throwing T-Shirts around when substituted.

Plus it seems to be getting to the point in his career were injuries become a problem. He was out for most of the first half of the season, plus now i'm hearing stories of hernia surgery etc...

My one fear in this situation, as other have mentioned, is that the money will not be reinvested into the squad and instead be used to pay off debts. Fergie is no fool, he will not sit by, having his players sold out from under him (if this were to be the case), if he is not allowed to reinvest this money...you never know, he could walk.

Losing Ronaldo is a blow, but losing Ferguson would be a catastrophe.

I think a few if us were saying a while ago it was time for Ronaldo to leave. I am sure this deal has been in place for a while the proviso being that Ronaldo not speculate,which he loves to do, through the media. Ferguson is far from stupid he knows when its time for player to leave and what hasnt been noted is that ,I believe , in 12 mths time Ronaldo could have bought out his contract leaving United with far less than they are getting for him now.

United will miss his, almost guaranteed 25 goals a season, but there are many more fish in the sea and Fergie will land a big one or 2 you can guarantee it. ooops sounding a bit like Cantona then .