Bye Bye Ronaldo

thaimiller

Maybe we'll get Messi instead :D

Not likely ..... In Fergies own words the best clubs dont sell their best players.

They do at Old Trafford though. :)

He may have been our best player but i would still have been 100 times more gutted had we sold Rooney.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not likely ..... In Fergies own words the best clubs dont sell their best players.

He may have been our best player but i would still have been 100 times more gutted had we sold Rooney.

In an ideal world ManU would have done what Milan done with Kaka, kept him until he was 28 and sold him for not much less then theyve just accepted for him. But selling your best player to the one team you want to be bigger then is a step back no matter what way you look at it.

But selling your best player to the one team you want to be bigger then is a step back no matter what way you look at it.

I get what you are saying, but at the end of the day, if the player wants to move it's pointless making him stay - that would also be a step back for the team because if your heart's not in it, your heart's not in it. Cut your losses and move on is the only option.

Anyway, i think Man U's future without Ronaldo is more certain than Ronaldo's future without Man U. Time will tell.

Dont forget that United have a ready made replacement in Nani !! :)

But,seriously,Ronaldo's heart has seemed to be elsewhere for most of this last season.He only started playing to his potential in the last few weeks.

And Ferguson cannot spend every close season trying to persuade him to stay when he clearly wants to move on.

With this 80m they should be able to sign Tevez for 25m.....if Hargreaves doesnt make it back they will need a holding midfield player,possibly Gattusso from AC Milan could do a job for a couple of seasons,and Milan seem to have financial problems.

Getting a decent wide man would seem to be the problem.....Ribery's not bad but no way he's worth 40m.....it will be interesting to see what Sir Alex does.

With this 80m they should be able to sign Tevez for 25m.....

I hope we don't - not for that money anyway. This injection of cash hasn't suddenly changed the value of Tevez. He wasn't worth 25m yesterday and he's not today. If someone wants to pay that for him they are welcome to him, in my opinion.

I hope we don't - not for that money anyway. This injection of cash hasn't suddenly changed the value of Tevez. He wasn't worth 25m yesterday and he's not today. If someone wants to pay that for him they are welcome to him, in my opinion.

Agreed

To be honest i think the whole Tevez thing is a bit silly. I wonder how much of that 25m goes straight to Tevez. I can't imagine Tevez would be stupid enough to be "owned" by an agent, unless a significant amount of the contract goes to straight in his pocket.

Edited by dave111223

He's got to be worth more than Berbatov, surely ?

As for Ronaldo. It would be the icing on the cake, if this decision comes back to bite United on the anus in the Champions League :)

Everyone and everything has its price-if Madrid are daft enough to offer this money that is there look out-no one is irreplaceable.

Ribery for 28m, Tevez for 23m leaving another 30m for Players i'm not sure of ( Valencia maybe ?? ) & i think Man Ure will again win the League next Year & i'd be surprised if they didn't get to the CL Final again & wouldn't be surprised if they went one better than they did this Year..

I'd be surprised if they got to the CL final for three years running, that's just incredibly hard to do and dam_n near impossible, I think. And, I don't think they'll win the league next season, either.

i love that your best player is now a scouser.

I'd be surprised if they got to the CL final for three years running, that's just incredibly hard to do and dam_n near impossible, I think. And, I don't think they'll win the league next season, either.

Chelsea then ?? :)

Really Stevie? I thought that would be something you would hate! :D

yep and one that would never ever want to be associated with the red half of scouserville :D

He's got to be worth more than Berbatov, surely ?

Not in my opinion. If Berba plays to his ability, he's worth more than Tevez. Next season we'll find out exactly how big the "if" is.

I think a lot of people have been very hard on Berbatov they expected more but 14 goals and the most assists (14) in his first full season is hardly disastrous .Wasnt that long ago all were bagging Fletcher now he's accepted as an important cog in the wheel. Tevez seems to be a super sub never plays as well when he starts a game and if he thinks he can go to another top club and start every game ,he's kidding himself. But the big question,for me, is who will the famous number 7 ?shirt ?

But is this money needed to pay off some of the debt used to buy the club.

Whoever ManU try to buy now will cost a lot more then they did a day ago now theyve this money, and Ribery certainly isnt a 40 million GBP player.

Seems as if Real have confirmed theyre a bigger club and draw then ManU.

well they are now they've got 200m to spend and have just bought kaka. :D

it always was a bigger draw in fairness to him. he's from portugal, real madrid are simply bigger and more famous there than united ever were or could be.

stevie, i suppose a bit like liverpool in the 70s and 80s when you won everything but your fans knew then that you would never be bigger than united or ever could be. :)

Great player for us, at the forefront of probably the greatest era in our history. The only ever player to win the WPOTY for United; progressed amazingly well while he was here. We've seen him go from raw exciting potential to the best player on the planet and I'm sure he's very thankful to everyone in the club who has helped him, we should be proud of his achievements individually (as well as for the team) because we helped majorly in making him the player he is.

He isn't a heart on the sleeve player, he isn't a put your life on the line player, he isn't a hard player and he isn't a player who you graze at the surface and see red. The flicks the tricks, the unpredictability of youth, the maturity into the worlds greatest, the petulance, the arrogance, the aura, the fulness of a footballers game, the 40 plus goals, the goal of his backside, the non celebratory celebrations, the champions league!

He's also left us with an amazing amount of money to spend on ringing in a new era at our club.

Thanks for memories Ronnie

in fergie we trust :D

My guess at Fergies Replacement list:

- Antonio Valencia: 17m

- Benzema: 25m

- Tevez: 23m

- Franck Ribery: 28m

I reckon he'll buy the lot (and only have to spend 13M of 'new' money).

That'w whta i think too Dave & if they do get them 4, they'll be a much better Team/Squad & will be mustard..

My guess at Fergies Replacement list:

- Antonio Valencia: 17m

- Benzema: 25m

- Tevez: 23m

- Franck Ribery: 28m

I reckon he'll buy the lot (and only have to spend 13M of 'new' money).

That'w whta i think too Dave & if they do get them 4, they'll be a much better Team/Squad & will be mustard..

There's no way will he get all 80M to spend, the club needs to pay off some debt.

yep and one that would never ever want to be associated with the red half of scouserville :)

nor would we want the dimwitted inbred cun_t.

i just find it funny every time the united fans sing the 'build a bonfire' song. thick fuc_kers.

yep and one that would never ever want to be associated with the red half of scouserville :)

i just find it funny every time the united fans sing the 'build a bonfire' song. thick fuc_kers.

that's more like it, will take your word for it. lord knows that just about every club in the world would take rooney in a minute but not liverpool. :D

that's more like it, will take your word for it. lord knows that just about every club in the world would take rooney in a minute but not liverpool. :D

well, notwithstanding that he's not particularly welcome in liverpool these days due to turning his back on the evertonian half of the city having stated 'once a blue always a blue' and then moving to the shithole city up the road, we don't need him. he plays in the same position as gerrard and gerrard is simply better.

Chelsea or Liverpool, you bet. I'm just betting on the mathematical improbability of winning four in a row with stiff competition and now with Ronaldo gone, manu will surely still be a great team, but perhaps they'll have a little problem with chemistry or making up for his loss that will cause them to lose some points in the league that they wouldn't lose if they still had him.

Chelsea or Liverpool, you bet. I'm just betting on the mathematical improbability of winning four in a row with stiff competition and now with Ronaldo gone, manu will surely still be a great team, but perhaps they'll have a little problem with chemistry or making up for his loss that will cause them to lose some points in the league that they wouldn't lose if they still had him.

think this is pretty fair comment. he's a massive out for united, a hundred goals or so in three seasons is going to be very hard to replace, especially as ferguson set up the other ten players to get the maximum out of ronaldo. be interesting to see who they bring in now.

think this is pretty fair comment. he's a massive out for united, a hundred goals or so in three seasons is going to be very hard to replace, especially as ferguson set up the other ten players to get the maximum out of ronaldo. be interesting to see who they bring in now.

The best Player in the World is of course going to be a miss for a Team, however i'm pretty sure if they bring in Ribery/Benzema amongst others, they'll be ok & will continue to dominate..

But of course you Chaps specifically can think otherwise.. :D