Bye Bye Ronaldo

thaimiller

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best Player in the World is of course going to be a miss for a Team, however i'm pretty sure if they bring in Ribery/Benzema amongst others, they'll be ok & will continue to dominate..

But of course you Chaps specifically can think otherwise.. :D

:) Yes, dominate. Won the league by 4 points this season, 2 points last. Domination? Hardly. I think they're a few Ronaldo goals ahead of the others, and that's it. Now we'll have to see if they can replace him, and no matter how much money they have, it won't be easy.

The best Player in the World is of course going to be a miss for a Team, however i'm pretty sure if they bring in Ribery/Benzema amongst others, they'll be ok & will continue to dominate..

But of course you Chaps specifically can think otherwise.. :)

well we'll see of course won't we. but it raises a load of questions for them since their formation and game plan was pretty much built around making chances for ronaldo, even at the expense of top class players like rooney. whoever they bring in won't score as many as ronaldo and won't be the flat track bully that ronaldo is either. so they're going to need to make a lot of changes to the way they play and arguably need to sign three players to replace ronaldo.

Chelsea or Liverpool, you bet. I'm just betting on the mathematical improbability of winning four in a row with stiff competition and now with Ronaldo gone, manu will surely still be a great team, but perhaps they'll have a little problem with chemistry or making up for his loss that will cause them to lose some points in the league that they wouldn't lose if they still had him.

Whilst it's nice that you guys are taking encouragement from the latest developments at Old Trafford, i really do think that were i you, having had the recent news about the finances at Liverpool and seeing my biggest rival just get 80m pounds richer, their losing Ronaldo would be giving me little comfort. I'd be far more worried about how Liverpool were going to strengthen the team with not much to spend, and fearful about what new players Man U were about to unveil.

But that's just how i'd be feeling. Don't let me spoil your party guys. :)

Edited by rixalex

Chelsea or Liverpool, you bet. I'm just betting on the mathematical improbability of winning four in a row with stiff competition and now with Ronaldo gone, manu will surely still be a great team, but perhaps they'll have a little problem with chemistry or making up for his loss that will cause them to lose some points in the league that they wouldn't lose if they still had him.

Whilst it's nice that you guys are taking encouragement from the latest developments at Old Trafford, i really do think that were i you, having had the recent news about the finances at Liverpool and seeing my biggest rival just get 80m pounds richer, their losing Ronaldo would be giving me little comfort. I'd be far more worried about how Liverpool were going to strengthen the team with not much to spend, and fearful about what new players Man U were about to unveil.

well, i think there are about 15-20 other lads on the team with a point to prove - that they can do it without CR.

anyway you cut it, it will make for interesting couple of months and kick off to the season.

well, i think there are about 15-20 other lads on the team with a point to prove - that they can do it without CR.

anyway you cut it, it will make for interesting couple of months and kick off to the season.

Ronaldos new career appears to be heading in the wrong direction already. He apparently spent a long evening with Paris Hilton in LA

Ronaldos new career appears to be heading in the wrong direction already. He apparently spent a long evening with Paris Hilton in LA

was thinking that last night as it goes. the madrid move will make him more of a self-obsessed and bigheaded cun_t than ever before and he may well not improve any more as a player. so it's possible that united have had his best years and got 80m quid for him.

I'm not having any party, Rix, and please don't forget Man U have way more debt than Liverpool. Don't worry, no matter how much you wish it will happen, Liverpool is not going to go the way of Leeds or Southampton.

Ronaldo to pick up £29m-a-year from Real?

By Soccernet staff

June 12, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Real Madrid-bound winger Cristiano Ronaldo looks set to become one of the highest paid sports stars in the world.

GettyImages

Ronaldo: Record transfer

A report in Friday's Times newspaper claims that although the player, who is set to complete a word record £80m move from Manchester United to Real by the end of the month, would initially earn £9.5m-a-year the contract would include a 25% increase season-on season.

The 24-year-old is expected to sign a six-year contract at the Bernabeu, which means by the final year he would be on £29m-a-year - or £557,000-a-week - which is reportedly 33 times what the average Spaniard earns. And this is in a country which is suffering from high unemployment of over 18%.

It means the player will pocket £107m over the length of his contract. But it would not put him in the top five of the sporting pay league, which is led by golfer Tiger Woods.

Ronaldo, who celebrated his move by partying the night away with Paris Hilton in Los Angeles, has revealed his pride at being the subject of an ''historic'' £80m bid from Real.

''I have had my time at Man United. It's time to look forward and £80m is quite a sum of money. This deal is historic,'' said Ronaldo. ''It's flattering when two of the top teams in the world want you to play for them.

''Now I can look forward to Real Madrid and a new stage in my career. I learned of the deal here in LA and heard from my people that United had accepted.''

Ronaldo will also benefit from healthy tax breaks provided by the Spanish government which would not be available to him in England. It is a situation which one financial expert believes could force other big names to leave the Premier League. Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin is already disillusioned at his tax bill.

Joe McLean, a partner with Grant Thornton, believes high-earning stars will inevitably be drawn to countries like Spain due to the prospect of the 50% income tax rate coming into force in the UK next April.

''By going to Spain, Ronaldo will be paying several million pounds a year less in tax,'' McLean told said.

''His advisors will undoubtedly have been saying to him that, although Manchester United and Real Madrid are both superstar clubs, the fact is in the UK he will pay £5m in tax on £10m, whereas in Spain it will be £2.5m.

''Over a four-year contract that's a huge amount of money, so it becomes of relevance. It might not be a major factor in deciding where players go, but it is certainly a factor.''

There remains questions marks over the financial of Real's summer transfer boom, with the signing of Kaka making it an outlay of £139m with David Villa likely to be the next player through the door.

In Spain it has been claimed that Banco Santander have provided credit of ¬70m to be repaid over four years.

Uefa chief executive Michel Platini has already voiced his disapproval and now wants new transfer rules in place.

Galway-based ForgottenGold.com has worked out that Ronaldo is worth 57 times his weight in gold.

Joe McLean, a partner with Grant Thornton, believes high-earning stars will inevitably be drawn to countries like Spain due to the prospect of the 50% income tax rate coming into force in the UK next April.

''By going to Spain, Ronaldo will be paying several million pounds a year less in tax,'' McLean told said.

the fact is in the UK he will pay £5m in tax on £10m, whereas in Spain it will be £2.5m.

When Labour lose the next election this will go back down to 40-45% im willing to bet it'll be in the Tories manifesto.

This law in Spain is only for 4 years where they have to pay tax at such a low rate it was set up for foreign Bankers i read recently .... with Spain in far greater sh7te then pretty much any country in Europe there is bound to be tax rises aimed at the rich ... theyre commies at heart the Spaniards.

The 24-year-old is expected to sign a six-year contract at the Bernabeu, which means by the final year he would be on £29m-a-year - or £557,000-a-week - which is reportedly 33 times what the average Spaniard earns. And this is in a country which is suffering from high unemployment of over 18%.

So the average Spaniard earns £879,000 per year?

:) Yes, dominate. Won the league by 4 points this season, 2 points last. Domination? Hardly. I think they're a few Ronaldo goals ahead of the others, and that's it. Now we'll have to see if they can replace him, and no matter how much money they have, it won't be easy.

:D

I'd call winning the League twice in a row domination JimJim, especially as they didn't even really get out of 3rd Gear this Season, in my opinion...

RONALDO GOSSIP - WORLD REACTION

Spain's biggest-selling newspaper, Marca, has hailed the signing as "The signing of the century" on their front cover and "A signing from another galaxy" on page two.

Fellow Madrid-based sports daily, AS, claim Ronaldo will wear the number nine shirt at the Bernebau also saying that "Praise is mixed with criticism for the price, a new world record - 94m euros for the number one."

The El Mundo newspaper focused on Ronaldo's huge price tag, commenting: "Madrid pay for Ronaldo 57 times his weight in gold."

WORLD PRESS REACTION

Spain's Marca: "The signing of the century."

Spain's AS: "Praise is mixed with criticism for the price, a new world record."

Spain's El Mundo: "Madrid pay for Ronaldo 57 times his weight in gold."

Spain's El Pais: "Florentino Perez lives in another galaxy."

Portugal's Record: "Real Madrid spend 94m euros for Ronaldo in times of crisis."

Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport: "That's not fair. Mad Real. After Kaka, Real Madrid sign Cristiano Ronaldo."

France's L'Equipe: ""Benzema's turn?"

America's Los Angeles Times: "The hair-gel industry in north-west England suffered a catastrophic blow on Thursday."

"Florentino Perez lives in another galaxy," slams Spanish newspaperEl Pais.

Barcelona-based sports newspaper El Mundo Deportivo's front-page headline, meanwhile, pulled no punches, reading:"CR94. Madness!"

Portuguese sports newspaper Record was equally as critical of the transfer fee, commenting: "Real Madrid spend 94m euros for Ronaldo in times of crisis. He will earn more in 24 hours than our president of the Republic in two months."

The Italian press were equally miffed, with Gazzetta dello Sport saying: "That's not fair. Mad Real. After Kaka, Real Madrid sign Cristiano Ronaldo."

French daily L'Equipe believed the transfer could provide United with the funds to make a bid for Lyon forward Karim Benzema, with their headline reading: "Benzema's turn?"

America's Los Angeles Times took a more quirky look at the transfer by jokingly saying: "The hair-gel industry in north-west England suffered a catastrophic blow on Thursday in a world-record sports transaction after which the soccer marvel Cristiano Ronaldo seemed Spain-bound."

RONALDO GOSSIP - UK REACTION

Manchester United are fighting to halt an exodus after Cristiano Ronaldo's record £80m transfer to Real Madrid with Nemanja Vidic being targeted by Barcelona.

(Full story: The Times)

And Manchester City appear to have beaten United to the signature of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez.

(Full story: The Times)

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists it was his decision entirely to allow Ronaldo to leave for Madrid.

(Full story: Daily Express)

Ferguson only allowed Ronaldo to leave on the proviso that he would get to spend all of the world record £80m transfer fee on new players.

(Full story: Daily Star)

Or, Ferguson will be given £100m to spend on new players after Ronaldo's departure.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Ronaldo himself has labelled his dream move to Real as "historic".

(Full story: The Sun)

\

The 24-year-old celebrated his transfer by spending the night with heiress Paris Hilton in Los Angeles.

Ferguson has targeted Lyon striker Karim Benzema, Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery and Wigan midfielder Antonio Valencia as replacements for Ronaldo.

(Full story: The Guardian)

Valencia is expected to cost United £23m in total.

(Full story: The Mirror)

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o could also be a surprise target for Manchester United. (The Guardian)

However, it would appear that Italian club Inter Milan are favourites to land the £25m-rated striker from the Nou Camp.

Valencia winger David Silva is another player who could be wearing the red of United next season. (The Times)

Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben could also be a target for Ferguson. (Daily Star)

Ferguson could also go after Seville star Luis Fabiano.

With doubts over the future of holding midfielder Owen Hargreaves, United may also pursue Barcelona's Yaya Toure.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Madrid are confident that Ronaldo could earn them over £500m in merchandising over the next 10 years.

Out-of-favour Manchester United winger Nani says he is the man to replace World and European player of the year Cristiano Ronaldo.

I'd call winning the League twice in a row domination JimJim, especially as they didn't even really get out of 3rd Gear this Season, in my opinion...

3rd in a row singer, but who's counting :D

Cannavaro voices concern over Madrid

By Soccernet staff

June 13, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Real Madrid may be spending millions on the world's best players, but former defender Fabio Cannavaro does not feel that alone will make the team into winners.

Empics

Ex-Real star Cannavaro

Cannavaro spent three years at the Bernabeu, winning back-to-back La Liga titles, but last season Real played second fiddle to Barcelona who won a historic treble of the league title, Champions League and Copa del Rey.

Italy international Cannavaro, who has returned home to play for Juventus, said there are "internal problems" which will not be solved purely by throwing money around.

"The club is going to have to do more because these players will not solve the internal problems," said Cannavaro, who is currently with the Italy squad in South Africa building up to the Confederations Cup. "The most important thing for the team is to achieve a group mentality.

"They are incredible figures, astronomical ones, especially in a world crisis as we are experiencing now. But those figures reflect the club culture of always being accustomed to being the best."

Cannavaro expects Real Madrid president Florentino Perez's shopping spree to continue.

"I think Madrid need five signings," he said. "Most of them in attack, as that is Real Madrid's playing mentality."

Thought it was 3 in a row!

Q1 How many teams have won a Hatrick of Premier/Old 1st Division titles?

Q2 How many have won 4 in a row?

Thought it was 3 in a row!

Q1 How many teams have won a Hatrick of Premier/Old 1st Division titles?

Q2 How many have won 4 in a row?

Well in that case they're even more dominant... :D

Sepp Blatter backs Real Spree ----- At least Platini's consistent.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5376909,00.html

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has backed Real Madrid's record-breaking £80million bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, as he believes it proves football remains a growth industry.

Earlier this week his Uefa counterpart Michel Platini described the Spanish titan's offer, along with the £56million signing of Kaka, as being 'excessive'.

Given the global recession Real's unprecedented spending has surprised many within the football fraternity, but Blatter feels the game will benefit in the long run.

Speaking ahead of the Confederations Cup in South Africa, Blatter said: "It means that our product is still a good product. If this is the game of the people, they need stars.

Sensitive market

"OK, it is a lot of money, but he is performing. We are in a very sensitive market nowadays because there is an economic crisis. In football, we are still in a good market."

If Ronaldo does follow Kaka in moving to the Spanish capital, then it means Madrid will have made the four most expensive signings (in euros) in history, having also splashed out huge money on Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo during Florentino Perez's previous term as president from 2000-06.

Madrid also lavished big fees on the likes of Brazilian forward Ronaldo and David Beckham as part of the club's famous 'galacticos' policy, and Blatter believes the current situation is not too different to how it was a decade ago.

"Almost 10 years ago, Luis Figo went from Barcelona to Real Madrid for £37million," he said. "So what is £80million now? That means there is still demand to have a star

The team was <deleted> when we sold Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince, lost it when we sold Jaap Stam, buggered when we Eric left and up the swanny when Keano moved on......

Behave.....!!!!!

IFWT

:)

redrus

The team was <deleted> when we sold Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince, lost it when we sold Jaap Stam, buggered when we Eric left and up the swanny when Keano moved on......

Behave.....!!!!!

IFWT

:)

redrus

Yep mate.

They come..... they go.

We stay.

According to the Sunday Express, Ferguson is lining up a 40M bid for Torres from Liverpool. Don't you just love the British press and all there paper talk.

That's like saying Lp are lining up a bid for rooney, silly isn't a stupid enough adjective to describe this papers attempt to create hype.