Cheap Charlie's Off Again

colino

Why all the messing about changing flights, luggage, hotels etc why not go to any of the middle east airlines web sites and book direct, prices, not in uk school holidays usually between £339, £399 rtn with small layover in mid east, time for a coffee duty free shopping etc done it many times flights to ldn man gtw and scotland and ireland

Edited by budmak

Why all the messing about changing flights, luggage, hotels etc why not go to any of the middle east airlines web sites and book direct, prices, not in uk school holidays usually between £339, £399 rtn with small layover in mid east, time for a coffee duty free shopping etc done it many times flights to ldn man gtw and scotland and ireland

Because I want a cheap one way flight, see if you can find a direct one way flight for £195 !

Hi every one

Well I am popping back to good old blighty this weekend.

Last time i flew with Jetairways for just under 14,000 baht and got stuck at Mumbia for 13 hours what a nightmare

I think this is the link

jet

This time I am going air asia for 12202.59 THB including an International meal (cant wait for that)

I am flying BBK to KL for 1,360 THB,

anybody else done this trip ?

How bad or good is the food ,seats, comfort,crew

If not i will post what i went through on here next week.

hey ho off we go

Colino

Crickey, you people are cheap.

Because I want a cheap one way flight, see if you can find a direct one way flight for £195 !

My latest one way to Stansted cost me even less

BKK-KUL 1585 Baht all up, baby, all up including bags, tax, fees, the lot.

KUL-STN 724 Ringgit = 7011 Baht all up, baby, all up including bags, meals, tax, fees, the lot.

That's a grand total of 8596 Baht.

There is a place for Air Asia in my world.

Could I please get some advise on buying a cheap ticket flying in to Manchester

if it is possible, been searching best I can find on a one way departing in early/mid

September is around the 20k mark!

I'm sure there are better deals out, but don't know where to look.

Could I please get some advise on buying a cheap ticket flying in to Manchester

if it is possible, been searching best I can find on a one way departing in early/mid

September is around the 20k mark!

I'm sure there are better deals out, but don't know where to look.

This is related to the thread NOT.

Every single time anyone starts a thread touching on air fares, the thread is punctuated with people saying "can somebody tell me the cheapest fare from Glasgow/Birmingham/Seattle to Chiang Mai/Phuket/Timbuktoo flying in Dec/Feb/Aug?"

This thread is about Air Asia and flights from KUL. Don't hijack it.

Start your own thread OR use the search function OR just use expedia.com.

Is "easylife" code for too lazy to do anything yourself?

Rant over.

KUL-STN 724 Ringgit = 7011 Baht all up, baby, all up including bags, meals, tax, fees, the lot.

Yes, no doubt and nobody has ever disappeared from Klia airport :) , not sure about the middle east....

If only the flight would switch to the night!

Yes, no doubt and nobody has ever disappeared from Klia airport :) , not sure about the middle east....

If only the flight would switch to the night!

It's not KLIA, it's LCCT.

Having done CNX KUL to Stansted the flight was great, no alcohol and no entertainment so with a 1am take off slept most of the way and arrived sober. Now think 'jet lag' is just sobering up!

The meals are small, single dish but quiet tasty. But at 70 Baht for the two meals and two bottles of water can you complain too much? Asia meal looked better to me than the international (cottage pie and then chicken for breakfast). Have coffee on the plane before landing at Stansted if your heart is unsteady, 30 baht on the plane, 130 baht in the airport induces a heart attack.

Leg room is very good in the basic class.

If in KL any length of time go to the international terminal (KLIA) for R1.5 to spend the time. Food hall is better and seating is MUCH better - try the observation area on the top floor. Bus takes about half an hour including waiting time and runs until close to midnight. Tune hotel looks good value for an overnight room, under £20 inc A/C

BUT book your transport out of Stansted early. Virgin train one way to North Wales (or Liverpool/Manchester) is £81 normal ticket on the day - 50% of my ticket CNX-STN for just 200 miles. Or £17 or so to London. But look on the website. Tickets can be bought 12 weeks before travel, but virgin do not release cheap tickets until 11 weeks or less before the travel date. Use the train line to send you an e-mail when virgin release their cheap rate tickets. I got in on time and paid £10.50 Stansted to North Wales.

Having done CNX KUL to Stansted the flight was great, no alcohol and no entertainment so with a 1am take off slept most of the way and arrived sober. Now think 'jet lag' is just sobering up!

After october the time schedule change to very bad:

1535 (KUL)

2200 (STN)

at 2200 at Stanstead the connection avail will be limited for sure, and zero for leaving UK.

Hi every one

Last time i flew with Jetairways for just under 14,000 baht and got stuck at Mumbia for 13 hours what a nightmare

I think this is the link

jet

This time I am going air asia for 12202.59 THB including an International meal (cant wait for that)

hey ho off we go

Colino

Seems that you overpaid. Flight from KL to Lon is available for around £160 inclusive with MH.

Excuse my iggerance, but what/who is, "MH".

I am an avid Air Asia user.

After october the time schedule change to very bad:

1535 (KUL)

2200 (STN)

at 2200 at Stanstead the connection avail will be limited for sure, and zero for leaving UK.

Thanks for that interesting info.

For me, I stay with people with London for one or two nights when I fly to the UK, although I'm not from there. From Stansted there are at least 2 very handy National Express routes, one to Stratford, East London and another to Victoria Coach Station in Central London. They are a cheap £8 to London. One wonders if they would be running at 11 o'clock at night. Anyone fancy walking through Bethnal Green in the middle of the night?

I wonder if Air Asia are getting cheaper costs by flying in at this unpopular time.

Hi every one

I think this is the link

jet

hey ho off we go

Colino

Seems that you overpaid. Flight from KL to Lon is available for around £160 inclusive with MH.

Excuse my iggerance, but what/who is, "MH".

I am an avid Air Asia user.

MH is the code for Malaysia Airlines

Well i flew out from Bangkok to KL that was a good flight , the air crew are really nice but the food was rubbish,

I landed at KL it was great to get 90 days on arrival visa and just a small stamp in my pasport, instead of losing a whole page, and no one hassling you outside it was so nice

So I had 5 hours to wait for my flight to the UK , what was good is that when i went to change some cash there was no lower limit so i only changed 5 pounds , and this was plenty for the airport , Mc ds breakfast with coffee refills was cheap,

Check in was a breeze but lots of security checks , the Departure lounge is not that good ( tip in the smoking room are two plug sockets to recharge the laptop).

The flight left on time and was 90% full, the food was again rubbish international meal was chicken sheperds pie ? coffee and tea was 4MYR water was 2 MYR,the movie players are 30MYR but as said before not great movies 14 hours on there felt like for ever but landed 15mins early at stanstead,

All in all it was ok but make sure you have lots of MYR as the exchange rate on the plane was crazy,also i did not have any problem taking food on board its very basic and cheap, on a budget its a good way to fly,,

Colino