Cheap Charlie's Off Again

colino

Hi every one

Well I am popping back to good old blighty this weekend.

Last time i flew with Jetairways for just under 14,000 baht and got stuck at Mumbia for 13 hours what a nightmare

I think this is the link

jet

This time I am going air asia for 12202.59 THB including an International meal (cant wait for that)

I am flying BBK to KL for 1,360 THB,

anybody else done this trip ?

How bad or good is the food ,seats, comfort,crew

If not i will post what i went through on here next week.

hey ho off we go

Colino

Hi every one

Last time i flew with Jetairways for just under 14,000 baht and got stuck at Mumbia for 13 hours what a nightmare

I think this is the link

jet

This time I am going air asia for 12202.59 THB including an International meal (cant wait for that)

hey ho off we go

Colino

Seems that you overpaid. Flight from KL to Lon is available for around £160 inclusive with MH.

Colino

6000b, 120E, it's ridiculus....the flight arrive at 22:00 and i will have to spend at least 90E for an hotel....

and why the reverse, Lon-KL is around 200 pound???

I hate long day flight, difficult to sleep.....but probably samui-subang-transfer-kl-london-hotel-ryanair to milan will kill me but it will be very cheap, unbetable :)

Hi every one

I think this is the link

jet

hey ho off we go

Colino

info would be good including check in info and kl connection

ta

al

Hi every one

I think this is the link

jet

hey ho off we go

Colino

Seems that you overpaid. Flight from KL to Lon is available for around £160 inclusive with MH.

should have said its one way ,, i just looked at the link and the best price was Total price including tax: MYR 2040.00 or 19819.49 THB thats without the flight to KL.

Colino

Hi every one

I think this is the link

jet

hey ho off we go

Colino

should have said its one way ,, i just looked at the link and the best price was Total price including tax: MYR 2040.00 or 19819.49 THB thats without the flight to KL.

Colino

That's because you just looked. Availability is rescinding quickly, as you would expect. The 913 MYR flights are still available, but no longer for your dates.

Either way, Air Asia X is fine. Flew with them and chose an extra legroom seat. Flight was boring , but ok. You can rent a PMP for 30 MYR onboard.

I would choose MH over Air Asia X any day of the week, but I too have already purchased Air Asia X flights.

Colino

6000b, 120E, it's ridiculus....the flight arrive at 22:00 and i will have to spend at least 90E for an hotel....

I hate long day flight, difficult to sleep.....but probably samui-subang-transfer-kl-london-hotel-ryanair to milan will kill me but it will be very cheap, unbetable :)

Airport hotel is only 20Euros or less.

If you want to fly to Milan, take a look at Blu Express. Expect to pay around 175 Euros from Bkk to Milan.

Just checked prices for 2 people to LHR from BKK via Milan by using Blu Express and Lufthansa.

Total price for 2 people 24,000 baht (698Euros to Milan, 150GBP to LHR, all return)

Beat that!!!!!!

Easy to beat that from the UK. Not unusual to find prices from as little as £339 return. It's flying from Asia that is the problem for some.

Colino

If you want to fly to Milan, take a look at Blu Express. Expect to pay around 175 Euros from Bkk to Milan.

On the ryanair website there are b&B but they have 6/8 rooms, who knows if they will be avail.

Blu Express is cheap, but they accept only return flight and they do not have any schedule after 20 october.

I need a flight beginning of december and i bet they will be at double price or they will cancel the flight.

This time i will not book a round trip, so no problem for return, i can choose a different airline.

In any case there is always Air Asia practically free (for UK people) .......

Colino

On the ryanair website there are b&B but they have 6/8 rooms, who knows if they will be avail.

Blu Express is cheap, but they accept only return flight and they do not have any schedule after 20 october.

I need a flight beginning of december and i bet they will be at double price or they will cancel the flight.

This time i will not book a round trip, so no problem for return, i can choose a different airline.

In any case there is always Air Asia practically free (for UK people) .......

I was meaning an airport hotel in KL. :D

The Blu Express return requirement is new(I know, because I purchased a 49 Euro O/W flight from them recently). Maybe you can call to check if they will sell you a one way flight if you can confirm that you have a Tourist Visa. Of course I acknowledge that their Winter schedule is not up yet.

Good luck.

Hi every one

I think this is the link

jet

hey ho off we go

Colino

Hi,

I've just done the trip with my gf (about 2 weeks ago).

LON-KL Airasia

KL-BKK MH

and then back...

I'm just quickly typing few things we've noticed:

1- Landing in KL: best landing ever. The pilot was a STAR! I didn't even noticed we landed...really smooth landing.

2- The International meal is crap. Try the Asian. For the international meal they gave us a Shepherd's PIE for breakfast (bleah! I'm Italian and I need something sweet). Chicken for dinner.

3- The food is not enough. Buy heaps of food so you can eat something on the plane. Few passengers did it on the way to Thailand. Every passenger did it on the way back (I'm serious!). The prices are way to much if you buy on the aeroplane.

3.1- My gf points out that if you want to eat something more you can only buy Oreo (3 biscuits per packet), Instant noodles and small bags of crisps.

4- The DVD player has only few movies. We didn't buy entertainment on the way back because they had the same movies and we watched all of them on the way in

4.1 - My gf reminds me that most of the movies are OLD (e.g. Ice Age 2, Juno, etc)

5- They have a fancy exchange rate. Pay in MYR or Credit Card otherwise if you pay in GBP is a ripoff

6- You need to get a bus 1.5MYR from the lowcost terminal to the main terminal in KL. Make sure you have small notes (e.g. less than 20MYR)

7- We landed 1h in advance. If you have a flexible ticket you may be able to take an early flight to BKK. We paid our ticket 300MYR per person RT and unfortunately we couldn't...but you may be lucky and do it.

8- The way seats are arranged is not to bad..way better then our MH flight...

Hope it helps

Giruzz

Good info, though bear in mind you cannot compare the MH KL to BKK flight to an MH KL to Lon flight. I'll take my Netbook with extended battery, but that will still only give me six or seven hours.

I sleep most of the way anyway.

Don't think that they take CC, but not sure.

Need some tickets for August (UK to BKK, any London airport) One way or flexible return, dates are very flexible. Prices I have seen are £340 one way & I want to find cheaper (don't mind stopovers for a few hours).

Edited by BuckBee

Just checked prices for 2 people to LHR from BKK via Milan by using Blu Express and Lufthansa.

Total price for 2 people 24,000 baht (698Euros to Milan, 150GBP to LHR, all return)

Beat that!!!!!!

Easy to beat that from the UK. Not unusual to find prices from as little as £339 return. It's flying from Asia that is the problem for some.

True but if you look that is the price from BKK to LHR return.

Beat that!!!!!!

True but if you look that is the price from BKK to LHR return.

My mistake. Though it still can be beat with current offers by MH and D7.

I can see Lon returns from BKK with Air Asia and Air Asia X at 21000 baht. 19,700 baht is achievable.

Done 1 trip to the UK on Air Asia and will do another soon. Very good for the price. Stansted Airport is excellent with great transport links.

At KL's LCCT, you can stock up on cheap food before the flight at their excellent and cheap Food Center.

Malaysia trumps Thailand once again.

Done 1 trip to the UK on Air Asia and will do another soon. Very good for the price. Stansted Airport is excellent with great transport links.

At KL's LCCT, you can stock up on cheap food before the flight at their excellent and cheap Food Center.

That is good to know as I have a flight booked on AA for November.

Came in at just under 19k bht, bkk-kl-stan return, which will be a bargain if it's 'Very good for the price' as you say.

That is good to know as I have a flight booked on AA for November.

Came in at just under 19k bht, bkk-kl-stan return, which will be a bargain if it's 'Very good for the price' as you say.

It is really, on short and very long flight the service is not really useful, 1 sleeping pill and you are arrived.

The real roblem with Air Asia is that they fly during the day, so arrival at both end is at night, no connection, add an hotel.

When they will switch like every other airlines to a night schedule it will be useful for non english travellers.....

Anyway, if you move now, you can fly on the 24th August with Air Asia X to KL with 20kgs of luggage for £170. Stay overnight in airport hotel for £10 to £15 and then connect to BKK for another £25.

Thank you, Jiu-Jitsu.

Have put my requirements into the Air Asia x site & got a one way price to KL from STN for £159 +£11 luggage.

I assume I will have no problems regarding Malaysian visas as will be staying in KL Airport for connection flight to BKK.

Regarding the connection flight to BKK (I have valid visa), do you book that once arrived at KL as see no options on online booking, also is £25 a common KL > BKK flight charge or promo price.

Thanks again for the good information.

Anyway, if you move now, you can fly on the 24th August with Air Asia X to KL with 20kgs of luggage for £170. Stay overnight in airport hotel for £10 to £15 and then connect to BKK for another £25.

Thank you, Jiu-Jitsu.

Have put my requirements into the Air Asia x site & got a one way price to KL from STN for £159 +£11 luggage.

I assume I will have no problems regarding Malaysian visas as will be staying in KL Airport for connection flight to BKK.

Regarding the connection flight to BKK (I have valid visa), do you book that once arrived at KL as see no options on online booking, also is £25 a common KL > BKK flight charge or promo price.

Thanks again for the good information.

If you are British there is no visa required. If not; http://www.kln.gov.my/?m_id=53.

Air Asia don't do connections. Make sure there is enough time between flights to go through Immigration, pick up luggage and check in for new flight.

Airport hotel here.