Cambodian Embassy In Bangkok, Is Change Given In Usd?

I have a US$100 note and would like to get a Cambodian visa. Does the Embassy give change in USD? For example would one get US$80 in change or Thai baht?

If not, where can I break a $100 note in Bangkok? Ideally I would like 5 US$20. cheers

......where can I break a $100 note in Bangkok? Ideally I would like 5 US$20. cheers

Any bank which has a currency exchange service or any outside money exchange services will do it for you!

opalhort

From my experience, the answer is yes, they will give you back the change in U.S. Dollar, though they will try to make you pay in Baht in order to collect your passport on the same day. However any bank will change your money to smaller notes if you wish to.

Bishop

OP shouldn't have any problem on paying USD and receiving change in USD.

Cambodia widely accepts USD everywhere, more than LOS (in my experience). Starts from the airport departture tax, I have to pay in USD, down to small stalls selling foods and drinks, T-shirts, souveniors etc, they were happily ask for USD, they usually post 2 prices, telling you how much it would costs you in USD and Cambodia money ( sorry what it called), and they certainly have smaller USD bills to give back you change.

Funny thing that in my group of 5 went on 4-days Cambodia tour, we didn't have to do any currency exchanges. We felt there was no need.

Any bank which has a currency exchange service or any outside money exchange services will do it for you!

opalhort

I have tried Kasikorn Bank and the various money changers but they will NOT change 5 US$20 notes for a $100 note. Maybe my question was confusing but I don't want to buy Thai baht then buy back US$20. I want USD for USD. If you have any experience or know where this is possible please post. Perhaps the banks and money exchangers are worried about some counterfeiting issue. Cheers.

I have tried Kasikorn Bank and the various money changers but they will NOT change 5 US$20 notes for a $100 note. Maybe my question was confusing but I don't want to buy Thai baht then buy back US$20. I want USD for USD. If you have any experience or know where this is possible please post. Perhaps the banks and money exchangers are worried about some counterfeiting issue. Cheers.

My experience:

in 2006 I changed Baht for $ and € at the K-bank head office in Rachaburana (near my home) but they only had big notes, which I took. They explained that because they are located far out from the city not many people change money, suggested I go to the inner city and change the big notes for smaller ones.

I went to a branch somewhere along Sukhumvit and no problem.

Note: The exchange window will not do it. Went inside and asked at customer service - no problem.

The teller filled in a small form recording the big notes I gave her and the smaller notes I received, this form I had to sign. She also made a copy of my PP main page.

At the airport it is very easy - no paperwork.

opalhort

I have a US$100 note and would like to get a Cambodian visa. Does the Embassy give change in USD? For example would one get US$80 in change or Thai baht?

If not, where can I break a $100 note in Bangkok? Ideally I would like 5 US$20. cheers

Seeing as no one has answered the first part of your question...answer is No...Cambodian Embassy will not give you your change in US$....they will give you Thai baht back...