Lamina Window Film.

Very interested to get an idea of pricing to put Lamina (not 3M or other brands) window film on a large sedan (Camry). There is only one shop doing it in town and their price seems rather high.

They want 5500B. Is this expensive?

Thanx.

Very interested to get an idea of pricing to put Lamina (not 3M or other brands) window film on a large sedan (Camry). There is only one shop doing it in town and their price seems rather high.

Thanx.

Just got a whole house fly screened for that much, sounds way over the top, I bought film in Australia for around 1000 baht, that was enough to do an entire car less windscreen, labour would be no more than half a day. The real price is probably half that for Thai but rich farangs can afford double. :)

Lamina price 5500 from another poster. Another poster (baz) for 4500 and another paid 5000. Probably will depend also on the size of the car (Camry is large) and number of windows being covered.

Looking at all the members references it seems from 4000 - 7000 depending on the car and coverage so seems about right for yours.

oops, thats kinda expensive. I got some extra films at home that I'd be happy to part with for around 1500B a pair I guess.

any DIY guys out there interested PM me, I'd dig it out and let you know the details.

gosh, I should do a business importing these!

Thanx.

I paid 2,500 THB last month in Pattaya to do my 4-door Isuzu D Max truck.

Thanx.

I paid 2,500 THB last month in Pattaya to do my 4-door Isuzu D Max truck.

There are some Lamina copys around. Look for the printed badgenumber/colorcode/%code on the film itself. My Vigo obviously has a copy, with a printed/signed certificate but no print on the film, but my other vehicles have the original. The copys do not filter UV as good as original, and peels faster.

BTW this printed code is annoying if its close to mirrors, windshield etc

Camry has some large glass areas to cover (front and rear), so 5500 is ok.

There are many grades of Lamina films.

For a top grade you are looking at 5-6000 baht, 3-4000 baht for a lower grade.

special, executive, genius, and pop.

Thr best film I've ever had was 3M.

don't use that V-Kool or other lower brand.

don't use that V-Kool or other lower brand.

18k-22k for V-Kool plus good ratings doesn't seem to fit the "lower brand" tag above.

I think I paid 9K-10K for hi-kool. It sucked big time. I had it removed within a month. My car was so hot, and the color sucked and wasn't as clear as I expected. Changed to Lamina like half the price, better performance cooler and clearer. But still I prefer 3M over lamina anyday. It could have been a fake hi kool or v kool, but never again for me.

On my other car I had a v-kool (really expensive), the film just failed completely. It was really good after a couple years, but after the beginning years, the film was kinda blurry. On the front windshield bubbles started to develop. I was pretty sure it was v-cool on this car since it was so expensive. But the car was a lot cooler than either the hi-kool or my current lamina.

Price does not determine quality.

There is a hi-kool, v-kool and x-tra cool.

Stay away from the cheaper no brand name ones!

From now on I either use Lamina or 3M. 3M is still better than the costlier v-kool in my opinion. My father's 3M film is 10 years old and going stong. Its just too bad now that it is very difficult to find a 3M films shop where I live.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'd appreciate any advice about film for car windows.

I've gathered from reading this thread that quality and price vary between manufacturers;

1. are all films removable when they get old?

2. dealerships offer to fit film - are there any advantages/disadvantages between dealerships and independent shops people would care to observe?

3. are there any laws in Thailand regarding which windows can be tinted or to what extent? Many cars, I've seen have tinted windscreens (front) which must be dangerous at night. (can't find anything in my trusty copy of Thai Law for Foreigners....)

thanks in advance for any opinions/help.

I have had the Lamina for nearly half a year now, and am impressed.

Only little dissapointment is that the model number of the film is printed at regular intervals in 5mm high, semi translucent font on the inside surface, & is quite visible (not visible from the outside).

This in itself would not be so much of a problem if the shop took it into consideration when applying the film, however, when they apply the film at best cut (nested) fit out of the roll, you end up with the writing on horizontal and vertical axis, and in my case, one piece upside down. :)

• 5 months later...
I have had the Lamina for nearly half a year now, and am impressed.

Only little dissapointment is that the model number of the film is printed at regular intervals in 5mm high, semi translucent font on the inside surface, & is quite visible (not visible from the outside).

This in itself would not be so much of a problem if the shop took it into consideration when applying the film, however, when they apply the film at best cut (nested) fit out of the roll, you end up with the writing on horizontal and vertical axis, and in my case, one piece upside down. :)

The writing comes off easily, with a little finger nail polish remover and some tissue....

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my Camry redone and it cost me 3,500Bt for 60% transparency best quality laminate. G/F sorted it out with a firm in Ramintra. She was quoted 4-5k by other places in middle of town but thought that was too expensive.