Past Present And Future--comparative Between

bina

That's what I said. Only I wasn't talking about flipping coins or probability. There are signs shown us everyday if we care to look. Everything that happens is for a reason. Things are put in our path purposely. I do not believe in luck or coincidence, and i do not believe that we are living on a rock that is hurtling through the void with no rhyme or reason. What we do with these "messages" is up to us. Some are unaware or blind to them, and disregard them. There are "messages" all around us if we care to look, and don't impose our own insanity on what's being shown us. I've learned to disregard the messenger's own insanity.

So what do you believe is the reason for these signs and who/what is behind them? Are you talking in terms of Buddhism/karma, God, synchronicity, or something else?

I understand what you mean by "in the present moment you can change your future by your actions?" Of course you can. What do you mean by "future?" As far as Karma, I get away with nothing.

"In that sense, right now your whole future is not predetermined, although you certainly can't control your whole future." This seems a little contradictory to me.

I'm just referring to the Buddhist idea of karma here. You can't control your whole future because past karma determines some of your future. And "future" to a Buddhist includes future lives.

I don't look for reasons other than that's what up, and I don't compartmentalize or put a name to it, and you're contradicting yourself again. You should stop using the word future.

In my understanding it's like cocktail. You have liquid and solid substance. You have to consume all. But if you have too much of bad thing and put more of good thing when you drink it there is higher possibility that the good coming out :)
as long as it's non-alcoholic. hahaha :D

Oh, I first already wrote Sangria krub. Both liquid and substance.. HAHA

I don't look for reasons other than that's what up, and I don't compartmentalize or put a name to it, and you're contradicting yourself again. You should stop using the word future.

Where is the contradiction? Are you talking about Buddhism or something else?

Where is the contradiction? Are you talking about Buddhism or something else?

Something else in answer to your second question. Sorry for the off-topic.

You keep saying "part of," "whole," and "lives" when you talk about it.

Keep it real.

Edited by Shotime

I'm not, but it's not what the topic's about. I'm also, obviously, not that familiar with Buddhism. Especially the future part and how that relates to the OP's question. You probably explained it on page 1. I'll re-read it.