Lasagna Day Today!

thaigerd

Planned yesterday already:

A real nice home made Lasagna, my (Thai) landlord asked for it and some of my friends as well :) .

Getting up early this morning to get all the shopping done:

-Minced beef & pork

-fresh herbs

-"real" celery

-leeks, carrots and onions

-a good piece of cheese for my bechamel sauce

-lasagna sheets

and and and..... :D

Some leftovers from the fresh herbs are in a bottle of olive with garlic and some chilli, nice for marinating, salad dressings or a few spoons in one of our next cooking sessions.

At the moment my sauce is simmering for the next hours and gives me time for a breakfast and preparing my bechamel sauce.

A few pics from the first steps, may be later on a few more from the finished Lasagna:

post-2733-1244951067_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1244951113_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1244951079_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1244951100_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1244951142_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1244951166_thumb.jpg

When are you going to open up a restaurant? It's no fair that you post all these pictures just to make TV members drool! :D

Sorry about that :D ,

just get them into the oven, more pics later :) .

I have only a big problem:

I love to cook for others, but it's not easy for me to eat my own cooked dishes.....

Gerd

Something really strange here but most replies including OP is a DOG! davyboy could be the the ladyboy version in mut land. Anyway Diet can wait have already planned Italian soi 11 tomorrow for lunch for some reason forgot about Italian food last 6 months

Edited by zorro1

Something really strange here but most replies including OP is a DOG! davyboy could be the the ladyboy version in mut land. Anyway Diet can wait have already planned Italian soi 11 tomorrow for lunch for some reason forgot about Italian food last 6 months

Now even have a cat with us :) ...

Gerd

Not to get technical but the ground pork should be made into Italian Sausage and fried up separately from the beef. It is a good idea to leave it in large chunks to get that sensation of biting into a piece of sausage. The beef should be seasoned separately and cooked, also in large pieces and then the meats can be added to the sauce.

It is alright to make a meat sauce with both meats but it resembles a factory made texture rather than a truly home made lasagna.

While we are at it the ricotta cheese should be seasoned with salt and pepper, parsley and should be held together with eggs. This also should be added to the lasagna in dollops, thereby creating another flavor texture and something that makes the ricotta reach out to you.

The bechamel should actually be alfredo sauce and should be put on top with the tomato sauce unless it is a white lasagna where it will go inside, good with a white chicken lasagna.

Most of the Italian lasagnas around consist of noodles, meat sauce and some ricotta.

Only if you want to get technical.

Edited by getgoin