Weightlifting Gyms In Bkk

sanmiguellight

Ok Ive just been quoted 800bht to use California WoW on a one off basis and 500Bbht to use True Fitness just the once. Call me tight but im not willing to pay 10 or 15GBP to use a gym for a couple of hours.

So can anyone tell me where there are old skool gyms that offer prices in the range of 100-200bht a go ie what i pay back home for a very good gym.

I know of one near to Ratachewi BTS station (get off on the side opposite the Asia Hotel and walk up towards Siam Square, its next to the bridge) but its closed on a Sunday.

Ok Ive just been quoted 800bht to use California WoW on a one off basis and 500Bbht to use True Fitness just the once. Call me tight but im not willing to pay 10 or 15GBP to use a gym for a couple of hours.

So can anyone tell me where there are old skool gyms that offer prices in the range of 100-200bht a go ie what i pay back home for a very good gym.

I know of one near to Ratachewi BTS station (get off on the side opposite the Asia Hotel and walk up towards Siam Square, its next to the bridge) but its closed on a Sunday.

its far out but there is a good one in Pinklao called Powerman near central, 100B a time.

sukhumvit soi 49 racket club gym is 350 a pop but 450 on weekends. u can use the pools as well though.

i have heard a rumour there is a new one opening soonish in the higher sukhumvit area, which will also be around 100B a time, will keep the board updated about that.

Oldest old skool you'll find in Lumpini Park. There's a few of them, all outdoors and nothing fancy but enough to give you a good workout. No sure about the price but I guess it's not gonna be expensive. Might be free even.

i go to the sports authority of thailand gym up at Ramkamhaeng, under the Ratchamangkla National Stadium...it is 1000 baht a month, unlimited use, excellent facilities, sauna, plus the olympic pool for the university is nearby...additionally, the walk through Ramkamhaeng U in the late afternoon amidst all the short skirts is a heart pumping workout in and of itself!

I joined Now gym in Phayathai for 2500 (45 days) and that was a promotion ! The gym is alright and has decent weights & Machines but the changing rooms have no air con ! It is more expensive than my gym back in the UK. I cannot be bothered to go all the way to Suk or Ratchada for CA though, it's just too far. If anyone knows of any other good gyms near Victory monument please please let me know !

Oldest old skool you'll find in Lumpini Park. There's a few of them, all outdoors and nothing fancy but enough to give you a good workout. No sure about the price but I guess it's not gonna be expensive. Might be free even.

A Thai friend told me that those are either 500THB/year or 500THB/month, can't remember which...

Ding daeng cost forty baht/year. Very old school, no air con ect. The kind of gym you see Arnold work out in Pumping Iron.

Rocky's is 700 baht/month. Basic hardcore bodybuilding gym, hot and unclean :) . Very different form those fancy gym chains. It's located by Siam Discovery.

And directly opposite the Sports Authority of Thailand on Ramkhamhaeng is City Fitness. One year's membership. 5900 Baht. Loads of equipment. Go in the morning (opens at 6) - you've got the run of the place.

Ding daeng cost forty baht/year. Very old school, no air con ect. The kind of gym you see Arnold work out in Pumping Iron.

Rocky's is 700 baht/month. Basic hardcore bodybuilding gym, hot and unclean :) . Very different form those fancy gym chains. It's located by Siam Discovery.

Hawkup2000, where is the Din Daeng gym located?

If you don't mind being the only white face among roided out thai bodybuilders then you can go to the Thai-Japanese Youth Center in Din-Daeng and lift weights and use the rest of the facilitites for 50 baht a year, its not exactly a friendly enviroment, but hey, its cheap!

If you don't mind being the only white face among roided out thai bodybuilders then you can go to the Thai-Japanese Youth Center in Din-Daeng and lift weights and use the rest of the facilitites for 50 baht a year, its not exactly a friendly enviroment, but hey, its cheap!

You mean you dont like to go because you look so out of shape compared to them ?

I have never had a problem with a bodybuilder so far, roid rage might happen but i doubt it happens much. If they are truly bodybuilders they will go on with their workout and don't bother you much.

theres a couple of gyms in chatuchak park, one is free and its ok, nothing fancy but has all the stuff you need to get by, bench press, free weights, pull downs etc and theres one that has even more stuff that costs 20 baht a time i think

And the reason you dont want an actual membership is? You can get a lifetime membership at California wow for like 14,000 baht.

And the reason you dont want an actual membership is? You can get a lifetime membership at California wow for like 14,000 baht.

I got one recently but i read some alarming stories about california WOW having problems. It was on this forum and came from an thai accountant. It doesnt look good and if they sell their business they might cancel all the life time subscriptions. So i would be carefull at the moment. Had i known of this report i might not have done it. I just hope it stays afloat for an other 6 months then i got my moneys worth

You mean you dont like to go because you look so out of shape compared to them ?

I have never had a problem with a bodybuilder so far, roid rage might happen but i doubt it happens much. If they are truly bodybuilders they will go on with their workout and don't bother you much.

I may be out of shape compared to them, but I dont stuff myself with anabolics either and really dont care about how I look anyway, I lift for strenght not looks.

They dont bother me, why would they? Its just more of a jungle gym than I prefer. Its a small gym and theres lot of guys lifting so you have to wait around to use the (old) equipment. I am sure any semi-serious bodybuilder would like it.

I would prefer something in between the fitness club and the jungle gym, but have had no luck finding it. The good thing about CaliWow is that few people there use the free weights so theres no waiting around.