How To Convert Video Format To Mp4

Richb2004v2

I have an i-pod and would like to add some video. AS far as I can work out the video needs to be mp4 format. Most of my video is ASF orWMV format. Does anyone know how I go about converting video from one format to another?

Thanks

There are free converters to download.

Free iPod Converter

Download Leawo Free iPod Converter

Leawo iPod Converter is a clean and totally free video to iPod Converter which can convert videos to iPod video formats for playback videos on iPod. It can also rip and convert video to iPod, CD to iPod, RM to iPod, etc..

Input Formats: WMV, WMA, AVI, RMVB, RM, RA, MOV, QT, MP4, M4V, DV, 3GP, 3G2, DAT, MPG, MPEG, MP3, etc.

Output Formats: iPod Video

If you can't find any, contact me I have all the converters.

Here another one

Ultra MP4 Video Converter is a powerful MP4 converter which can convert almost all popular video formats to MPEG-4 formats such as AVI to MP4 Converter, MPEG to MP4 Converter, WMV to MP4 Converter. It can convert so many video formats including DivX, XviD, AVI, WMV, MPG, MPEG, MP4, M4V, FLV, 3GP, ASF, RM, RMVB, MOV, MOD,ASX, MKV, OGM, SVCD, VCD, VOB to AVI/DivX/MP4/H264 format. The MP4 Converter is an extremely easy to use video converter which can convert AVI to MP4, MPEG to MP4, WMV to MP4, MOV to MP4, RM to MP4. Ultra MP4 Video Converter integrates PSP Video Converter and iPod Movie Converter, which support many portable MP4 video players such as PSP ,PS3, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox360, Archos AV500, Archos AV700, Archos Gmini402, iRiver PMP-100, Creative Zen Vision, etc. with excellent quality and affordable price. The MP4 Converter gives you everything you need to turn your MP4 Player into a portable media center, enjoy your favorite movie on your MP4 Player, ARCHOS, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, ZUNE, XBOX360. Version 5.0.0521 adds Sony walkman mp3/mp4 format.

Edited by elcent

Format factory will also do the trick I believe. Its free and can change most files both audio and video. Just Google it :)

Agree. Format Factory is 100% free and it awesome. As the previous poster said, just google it.

Ah, I see. I downloaded the trial version. It did the job but had an intermittent 'water mark' in the middle of the screen. I then downloaded 'free studio manager' which did the same job without the watermark. 'free studio manager' also does a lot of other useful tasks like converting to i-pod, downloading from Youtube etc. Very good.

Ah, I see. I downloaded the trial version. It did the job but had an intermittent 'water mark' in the middle of the screen. I then downloaded 'free studio manager' which did the same job without the watermark. 'free studio manager' also does a lot of other useful tasks like converting to i-pod, downloading from Youtube etc. Very good.

If you still have a linux box then download and install acidrip as it will do exactly what you tell it to and free of course in 99% of all distro's synaptic or apt.

• 2 months later...

Okay, the following steps may greatly help you...

Step1:Download and install this program Moyea Video Converter

Step 2: Import the video file you want to convert into this program

Step 3: Set output format and destination folder

Step 4: Set advanced settings

Step 5: Start conversion by clicking "Start" button.