Pattaya Cleans Streets For Airborne H1 N1

MediaWatch2009

Pic from the Nation

30105124-01.jpg

Pattaya health officials, cleaning the streets is a good idea but ( A for airborne) A H1 N1 virus is an AIRBORNE virus . That means you breathe it in from the air- it has to lodge in the lungs- not the nose , not the mouth, but the LUNGS.

in fact all the air pressure and vaporized water just may be picking up microbes from the ground and depositing them into the air where the influenza can spread more easily .

A year or two ago during an extreme drought and heavy pollution in Chiang Mai the government sent the fire department out everyday and shot water up in the air for hours to reduce pollution.

I cannot even mention cloud seeding without the presence of clouds to produce rain.

We are definitely on our own here. I still love the place.

A year or two ago during an extreme drought and heavy pollution in Chiang Mai the government sent the fire department out everyday and shot water up in the air for hours to reduce pollution.

I cannot even mention cloud seeding without the presence of clouds to produce rain.

We are definitely on our own here. I still love the place.

I saw that when I was visiting in Mars.

It said on the trucks something about the smog.

"...air pressure and vaporized water just may be picking up microbes from the ground and depositing them into the air where the influenza can spread more easily..."

Easily, one of the most uninformed posts I have read in a long time.

what a nonsense.....how long in the sun still the virus is destroyed? seconds/minutes?

But can't be wrong to clean Pattaya.

Pattaya????????????????????????? Phuket????????????????????????????????

Where's it ever been stated this virus is killed by sunlight/U.V.,whatever???

You're right,not a bad idea to clean Pattaya.Shame it had to take a supposed life threatening pandemic to stir up some action.

Edited by kimincm

They've cleaned Walking St a few times in past so no big deal, maybe they've done it now purposely to show people that they are trying to be clean, If it hadn't have been cleaned people would have moaned anyway.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't springs too mind, well done for doing it IMO.

:)

Damned if you do and damned if you don't springs too mind, well done for doing it IMO.

It is pure PR. Cleaning the street does nothing to impact the spread of H1N1. Now if the virus was isolated to one place, such as a school, it would be useful to wash the interior of the building that people touch. Apparently the virus survives outside the body, does anyone know for how long? In the current situation, I am sure this virus is now all over the place here ...

Edited by Jingthing