Al-qaeda in bangers

Rinrada

Did this guy have a 1M.Bt VIP card?

World News

September 24, 2003

World in Brief

Al-Qaeda jet plot

Jerusalem: Thai police may have foiled an al-Qaeda plot to shoot down an El Al jet, Israeli television said. A man was arrested at Bangkok airport taking photographs close to El Al’s facilities. A search of his home uncovered his al-Qaeda membership and plans to use a surface-to-air missile to attack an aircraft.

(with thanks)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,172-828581,00.html

:o

al-Qaeda plot

Bangkok: The Thai Prime Minister confirmed a report that police had thwarted an al-Qaeda plot to shoot down an Israeli passenger jet. A man was arrested near the El Al base at Bangkok airport. Thaksin Shinawatra said that a tight security operation was in place and urged the public not to panic. (AFP)...thats all right then....

however

News in the Telegraph (thurs 25th) reports that the golf course adjoining the Airport will close after the above warnings.

The fairways which run parallel to the runway are seperated by a 5 yard ditch which may not be wide enough to prevent etc.will shut next week.

This is part of an operation to improve regional security to keep the APEC boys and girls happy.

Hey getting serious,but what about all the punters with the 1 million Bt.VIP-Executive-David Beci-poo special membership clubi-cards.

Where can the play golf?

:o  :cool:

Didn't know you can fit a bomb in a golf ball. Well, technology never ceases to impress me; things just keep getting smaller and smaller. :o

Anyway, what other country in the world allows a golf course to operate between the two main runways of the countries main international airport? I'm sure its quite easy to hide a small shoulder based rocket/bazooka in a golf club bag.

I Mil baht card. This may be an easy way to track down his acomplices and where they are getting money from. Only a long shot as it was most likely shuttled in with a few passports on visa runs(only joking). Does anyone know who is authorized to purchase one of these cards because I believe it was stated money alone was not the only requirement.

Would you have to have a few atta boys from your home government to purchase one. Almost certain they would do a national agency check plus need a police check from your home country.