Dream Hotel Sukumvit

Tigerman1

I have not stayed there since I live in Bangkok but I have a friend who has stayed there a couple of times and he likes it. If you like the style of Dream Hotel you will probably also like Siam at Siam. Take a look at their website and see what you think.

Im typing this looking at the dream hotel (if its the same one soi15? ) from my office/ condo soi13. Theres actually 2 of them next to each other and had a look at both last year with a mate who was in town looking for accommodation. Very expensive from memory around $280 night? probably a lot cheaper now and the rooms and hotel itself nothing special but of course depends on what your paying at todays rates

Thanks everyone for yoru replies.

I will also look at The Fenix to see how it looks and what price they charge.

I received an email from the Dram Hotel regarding their prices and they quoted 3500bt oper night inc taxes and breakfast. Not bad as on other websites - direct rooms etc. they are quoting over 4000bt which I wil not pay.

Anyway, thank to everyone again.

Stayed there for one night, and loved it. The beds are the best, you won't want to get up. The rooms and bathroom are a bit small, but still nice. And mood lighting effect is pretty cool, but the breakfast is not that good.

I find "Le Fenix" (Sukhumvit) much more "funky" especially for its Nest Rooftop Lounge.

Le Fenix and the dream are in two different leagues.

The Fenix was put up a a bodge job to occupy the space until zoning changed an a taller building could be put in its place.

It was built quick and dirty, and was in fact actually dirty even before it opened. I have had a number of friends stay there and the level of finish is attrocious.

by all means pop by the nest for a drink, just dont think of staying there.

I've stayed at the dream. It's quite nice, but a little bit of suk. The rooms are not large but very nicely appointed with flat screen televisions and the trendy blue led lighting, which they've made work well for them.

At the time I stayed, they had a promo on so i only paid about 70USD per night. It's a bit more now.

Have a great time.

Well defiantly got my rates wrong not $280/night maybe was thinking 2800 bht / night sorry. My buddy was looking for a change from the Nana hotel at 1400bht/night. He ended up staying at Nana :)

I recommend a brand new serviced apt/hotel called Adelphi Grand on Sukhumvit 41, the soi is maybe 200 metres from Emporium, huge rooms for BKK from 38m2 but looks far bigger ........brand spanking new bed you dont want to leave, swimming pool, gym, good brekky, fast internet etc.... All for 2300bht.

And you can walk out the hotel without getting hassled.

http://www.adelphigrande.com/

• 3 months later...

Hi Tigerman,

I have stopped in Dream Hotel now twice, yes rooms are pretty small but well planned out, and yes the beds are brill. Excellent shower.

Service is excellent, price is ok. No complaints what so ever.

I am also their September 25 for 1 week.

See you their.

Regards

Hello

I will be in BKK in September and wanted to stay at the Dream Hotel in Suk.

Has anyone stayed there? Any thoughts?

It is alot cheaper to book with them direct then with agencies also.

Thanks everyone.

I've stayed at Dream Hotel a couple of years ago, not long after it opened, and was quite disappointed myself.

Hated the cold blue lights in the room and found most of the hotel to be quite tacky and over-priced actually. It's certainly trying hard to be cool and trendy, but it's not very well-managed and has aspirations well above it's station IMHO.

I'd recommend many others above Dream, at similar price range. Le Fenix is ok, as it's managed by Accor, but I've found the Citadines ones to be good value - so long as breakfast isn't too important to you. Also, there's the i-residence at Chong Nonsi BTS which is same sort of thing as Dream, but cheaper and nearer to BTS in a better area. Same goes for the 'Heritage' hotel next door.

Or, if you can stretch your budget a bit more, I'd highly recommend Naturalville on Langsuan rd., which is really miles above Dream Hotel in terms of class/style/service and you get quite good roomy space with a superb location - walking distance to Chitlom BTS, Ploenchit, Central World Plaza - on a very classy and leafy road. Even their studio room is tons better than the Dream deluxe rooms and the 1-bedroom suites/apartments are super-cosy and classy with great decor and at internet rates are excellent value for money.

i stayed there in july,booked my room thru otels.com,actually it was the one across from the main lobby.the room was fine,i liked the blue lighting and the bed was comfortable.i will definately stay there again when i am back.the only drawback was for breakfast you had to go to the other bldg.,not a big deal really...

Dream hotel overpriced. Quite a walk to Sukhumvit road and the backstreets between the 2 buildings and besided the 2 buildings there are used as main arterial bypass roads by Rat Runners. At times can get chock-a-block with traffic coming through the backstreets.

Edited by soloman

Stayed many times in 2008, early 2009 prior to moving to bangkok, it's well situated allong the Suk. I went thru Agoda, got a better price than calling direct, or in person. rooms are small, then again I only needed it to rest my head. They offer meal with an addtl charge, room service prompt, service prompt, polite,attentive. It has a bice moder feel, layout/design/ Love what they did with the lights in the bedroom. Similiar to what the high end Chinese hotels do.

Keep in mind that they have 2 buildings. Usually the one with the pool is booked, if you check in late. They have a club w/dancingk; breakfast I would skip very plain IMO.

Would stay again if I did not live in Thailand.....

Hope this helps...

Dream is way overpriced...unless you are under 25 and trying to be hip and immitate silly Thai hi-so's give it a pass. Much better buys all up and down Sukhumvit. Sacha's Uno on soi 19 is very nice for the price (half of Dream), same with S-Sukhumvit Hote. The On-8 Hotel (Sukhumvit Soi 8) is also great value and location...open only a couple months so everything spanking new and again half Dream price and at the foot of Nana BTS steps. I know a couple more great boutique hotels but keeping them to myself (I need a room when I'm up in Bangers).

Edited by PattayaBunLover