60 Day Multi Entry Visa

Went to the Thai cosulate in Adelaide today, wanted a 60 day muti entry visa. They cosular General wasnt there, she is in Thailand, so her secutary is handling the paperwork. He is a Philipino guy, he took my passport and paperworks and said the Visa will be done on the 14th of July, 2 working days before I leave, because if he did it now the visa wouldnt be last for my travel dates.

I replied I though the visa doesnt start until the immigration at Bangkok airport stamps it. He said yes but it also starts when he stamps it.

I then asked for a receipt for my passport, he replied, I will make a note to give you one when you pick up your passport and visa.

Could someone please tell me if this is correct? I did notice other passports ect in folders on his desk.

This is forst time I have got a visa for Thailand and I am worried about my passport.

The validity time starts on the date of issue. For a tourist visa with more than one entry the use before date would be 6 months from date of issue and it applies to all entries not just the first entry. So the person at the consulate did you a

a big favor by not doing the visa yet. Many would of issued the visa and you would of lost almost a month.

Your passport will be safe. I am sure they will take good care of it.

• 1 month later...

returned to tha Adealide Thai Consulate to pick up my passport. They asked me why I paid for my visa as they are free. I replied I didnt know the double entry visas were free as well. She told me yes they are and happily refunded my money. :)

This is what is called good service from a consulate. The official checked the itinerary you gave him and he made sure that the visa you requested would fit your needs. You say you have a double-entry tourist visa and both entries into Thailand must be made not later than one day before the “must be utilized before” date stamped on the visa.

On each arrival in Thailand you will receive permission to stay for 60 days. If required, each stay can be extended by 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand for a fee of 1,900 baht.

Have a nice stay in Thailand!

--

Maestro