Road Signs

Wanraya

I got stopped after turning into the left hand fork of Marine Plaza on Friday night. The policeman informed me that it was a one way and gave me a ticket.

I said that I did not know and asked him where the sign was. He was in the right as obscured by a telephone box and impossible to see if you are coming from the Pattaya Hill direction (I've gone back and checked) was a no entry sign.

I'm all for the traffic laws being upheld and the 200 baht I had to pay is no big deal but why o why can they not place signs where they can be clearly seen so as to stop anybody offending inadvertantly or more seriously turning into a one way in the wrong direction and causing and accident.

This guy was also standing in the same place on Saturday and Sunday night nabbing scores of unsuspecting motorcyclists.

Is it the case that some places are deliberately signposted inadequately so as to be a revenue making machine for the Pattaya police force?

I got stopped after turning into the left hand fork of Marine Plaza on Friday night. The policeman informed me that it was a one way and gave me a ticket.

I said that I did not know and asked him where the sign was. He was in the right as obscured by a telephone box and impossible to see if you are coming from the Pattaya Hill direction (I've gone back and checked) was a no entry sign.

I'm all for the traffic laws being upheld and the 200 baht I had to pay is no big deal but why o why can they not place signs where they can be clearly seen so as to stop anybody offending inadvertantly or more seriously turning into a one way in the wrong direction and causing and accident.

This guy was also standing in the same place on Saturday and Sunday night nabbing scores of unsuspecting motorcyclists.

Is it the case that some places are deliberately signposted inadequately so as to be a revenue making machine for the Pattaya police force?

If your so concerned why dont you go to city hall and offer to pay for the same to be moved to the other side of the telephone box - then you get the satisfaction that nobody else will fall foul of the money making scheme. Probably cost you 3,000 baht but what satisfaction for you.