Woman Attacked With Electroshock Gun By Debt-collecting Gang

george

Shocking mistake

Woman mistaken for sister attacked with electroshock gun by debt-collecting gang

CHAIYAPHUM: -- A grilled-chicken vendor says she was assaulted by debt collectors who used a Taser gun and death threats yesterday after mistaking her for her sister.

The victim, Wanpen Klingsukhon, 38, told Daily Xpress that she complained to police after she almost lost consciousness when a woman and three men attacked her with the electroshock gun. But police officers refused to get involved, and told her to ask for Bt500 compensation from the gang, she said.

Her elder sister had borrowed Bt3,000, Wanpen added. But the gang refused her sister's offer to pay all the money back at once as it wanted to keep collecting the interest of Bt150 per day. Wanpen is demanding the authorities and provincial governor look into the case.

Police 'commission'

Chaiyaphum has plenty of debt collectors, known as "safety helmet people" because they ride motorcycles and offer their clients the choice of paying interest or facing assault.

Chaiyaphum police chief Maj-General Decha Chuayboonchoom yesterday said he had ordered his men to be vigilant for debt collectors demanding high rates of interest.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-16

So the police want the woman to extract 500 Baht from a gang of people who collect debts as compensation for the assault administered by the same gang.

Word to the not so wise - BIB - get off your arse and do your job !!!!

What a pity that this behaviour is not reported on by the world's free Press and the question asked 'Do you really want to spend your holidays in a country capable of this?' It would be interesting to see the reponse of TAT.

Probably the sad truth is that practices such as this are common worldwide and have no news value. Best stick to showing pictures of pneumatic young ladies wearing not a lot or reporting on the antics of <deleted> grossly overpaid footballers, eh?

Word to the not so wise - BIB - get off your arse and do your job !!!!

But they are doing their job - Thai style. TIT.

Any hope that they might morph into guardians and applicators of the law any time soon is certainly a forlorn one.

How do we reconcile this behaviour and lack of law enforcement with human rights? Many of us are prepared to shrug this off, but the police's response is as bad if not worse than the debt collectors. As we've noted before, many of these loan sharks are related in some way or another to police even being police people themselves. I am sure in a small place like Chaiyapoom the police would at least be familiar with the lender. The chicken vendor is powerless to do much because she is poor.

By-the-way does anybody know the law regarding the use of the Taser? They sell them openly on Silom and around tourist areas, and wondering if there are rules against using them. I've got one for self-defense. I bought it when the PAD were threatening to block junctions last December....Mine was the most powerful one sold by the stall, and it can apparently kill a dog and knock out a human.

But this is Thailand and all the people are wonderful and perfect and the police are great and they don't murder and steal and if you don't like it here why don't you go back home? No need to discuss any of Thailands glaring shortcomings, it means there is something wrong with you if you do.

It would appear that the woman has taken the pain bcos the sister is no where to be found. Normal practice, if you dont pay they get someone in your family to pay or your house or you get hurt. I have been told personally how it works and if you resist too much the pillion passenger is always carrying a gun.

Why is it allowed to go on bcos the whole money lending business is run by the local bib. Come the revolution its going to be open season on these boys in brown.

How do we reconcile this behaviour and lack of law enforcement with human rights? Many of us are prepared to shrug this off, but the police's response is as bad if not worse than the debt collectors. As we've noted before, many of these loan sharks are related in some way or another to police even being police people themselves. I am sure in a small place like Chaiyapoom the police would at least be familiar with the lender. The chicken vendor is powerless to do much because she is poor.

By-the-way does anybody know the law regarding the use of the Taser? They sell them openly on Silom and around tourist areas, and wondering if there are rules against using them. I've got one for self-defense. I bought it when the PAD were threatening to block junctions last December....Mine was the most powerful one sold by the stall, and it can apparently kill a dog and knock out a human.

Then I wish that one day someone will try his taser on you.

Well.....not really!

And pray, what were your plans relating to the PAD, using one taser against 20,000 people, or somethingh like that.

Of course, you could always ask some people to hold hands, and then use the taser on the first one in the row.

Very funny!

But, remember, someone with a weak heart, a pacemaker, asthma, can be knocked out definitely.

Which is called....murder.

A taser, even the weak ones, are arms.

And as with all arms, you should know how to use them.

Learn what they can do, how to keep them safe, how to use them in the right way.

And also learn to accept the consequences when you use the thing.

Mind you, even the official users often don't know how to operate arms.

Protect and serve?

The police in this country are a shambolic disgrace unworthy of the accusation they might be law enforcement officers.

Tasering the police chief might be a possible solution but then that presupposes he has a consciousness worth jolting.

Protect and serve?

The police in this country are a shambolic disgrace unworthy of the accusation they might be law enforcement officers.

Tasering the police chief might be a possible solution but then that presupposes he has a consciousness worth jolting.

I bet if we did taser him, he'd want more than 500 baht compensation !! - maybe.....600, 650 ??

But this is Thailand and all the people are wonderful and perfect and the police are great and they don't murder and steal and if you don't like it here why don't you go back home?

You have seen the light :D

This is Thai on Thai and as far as I know farangs are not normally involved in this sort of thing but its wise not get involved in anything like this in my humble opinion.

It happens in the UK too believe or not!

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/media-cent...d-rapist-jailed

So not only in Thailand :)

None of these mafioso moneylenders are ever brought to justice. They are too powerful and operate with full knowledge of and consent of the Thai Police, sometimes even Police are directly involved.

The poor woman in the story is lucky she didn't lose a finger or toe as that is their usual modus operandi.

The victim, Wanpen Klingsukhon, 38, told Daily Xpress that she complained to police after she almost lost consciousness when a woman and three men attacked her with the electroshock gun. But police officers refused to get involved, and told her to ask for Bt500 compensation from the gang, she said.

Sad, sad, sad if a boy in brown really told the lady to ask for Bt500 in compensation from the bad guys, not to mention the refusal to get involved. Guess it must had been quiting time and crimes don't carry over to the next work day.

Hi All.

I am an englishman and just cannot understand the amount of posters who post ,,stay away,,dont get involved, it is not our family so just pretend it did not happen. We all know the Thai police are useless but the time is now and if this corrupt behaviour come close to home you have to do what they do.But do it first..

phupaman.

If you were to interfere with Thai gangsters, their automatic and quick response would be to murder you. This is not a probable outcome but a guaranteed one, you might as well commit suicide. Or was that your meaning? We should be willing to die for morality when no one else would?

The stunguns are use less . . search at youtube and see . . i have use 3 differnt stun guns here in Thai on my self . . its a j0ke..

Just another example of why research always finds that the Thai Police force is the most corrupt government agency in Thailand.

Some may recall Khun Seri, the Policeman who was highly respected for his honesty and sincerity, he made it to the top but was dismissed by Samak.

Doesn't take much thinking to work out by Samak sacked him.

Hi All.

It is intresting to read that the bib are involved in this kind of crime. In every province of Thailand Thai's and Farangs are found dead in suspicious circumstances, How many people are caught and charged with these crimes? I would guess about 2%. Why? is it truly because they have no brains, or are they just plain greedy for money.

phupaman