This board has lost all credibility.

This Board, in allowing an email to be sent to members stating that 360 farangs had been arrested, and not having a shred of evidence to back it up is totally irresponsible, scaremongering, and in the present climate absolutely disgusting.

Combine this with the total lack of response from the Admin when asked to expand on this claim, there is total SILENCE.

This board is very quick to leap to Thailands defence when they see the slightest criticism of anything Thai, but are guilty of gross sensationalism in a matter of such dire distress and concern to many of their own members.

For me, this board has lost all credibility, and in the future, they must expect ALL of their over the top nationalistic everything Thai is wonderful postings, to be viewed for exactly what it is.

I too would like to know why this e-mail was sent to what would have been thousands of people, with nothing more than a sensational headline, which linked to nothing. I too would also like to know why the board moderators have not explained this e-mail. Was it true? Was it just BS? Why has no one explained this? Hundreds of foreigners being arrested at a time, if true, is obviously major news. Why have the board moderators been quiet since sending this e-mail? What is really going on?

Oh my Bhuda.

You guys come to a message board for accurate government

info. Talk to Butterfly he has a bar for sale. Maybe the info is

from an offical that cannot be elaborated on. What difference does it make if 360 or 3600 have been busted, we all know there is many 10's of thousand more involved..

Lets start a new one. Every 90 days your passport must take a vacation  outside of Thailand for at least 30 Seconds

while someone else uses it to enter the country on thus being

a dual purpose passport. So remember when you get extensions it must be reported as being used for 2 people to enter country.

Big deal you received some spam it sure has you reading the site board. Did you click on any of the adds or write to pattaya mail letters yet.

Yen yen! We will report further as soon we have the exact numbers per nationality and detention point. The figure 360 foreigners is the official figure we have got, and I believe there is even more foreigners involved.

At the present chaos at both Embassies and immigration, we have been unable to get further detailed information.

I can guarentee you that the sources for our news are very reliable sources, but we don't want to annoy the authorities with constant inquires right now. We will report further as soon as we have more details. Thanks for your understanding!

/Admin

legitimate news providers usually get a source and details before they start reporting the news, a policy switch you might want to look into.  

Fact of the matter is this board has profitted from all the hits/clicks generated by posting something that has been totally unsubstantiated as of yet.

despite several calls for more information from several users since the first news story(rumour) was emailed out, this is the first time it has been addressed by an administrator and not ignored.

"scaremongering"?  In my mind, guilty as charged.

And good old Bazza has got this info:

i just got off the phone with my embassy.to cut a long story short they told me it will be "sorted out " by next week.and that everything will be OK. there have been various diplomatic moves made behind the scenes, and strings are being pulled.

they said that the Foreign Minister of the European Union ( who is some italian chap , as Italy currently hold the current Presidency) will be meeting his thai counterpart next week to adress this issue and that some sort of compromise will be reached.

so hopefully those of us embroiled in this mess, can get away with paying a fine, and avoid more serious consequences.

Wowsers a teaching website with more factual info on Visas than a Visa website!

I came to the board wanting to contribute stuff but I only see people slagging each other off and insulting each other. So much negativity going on. From some posts I have looked at ajarn.com and find the people there more open and friendly. I shall spend alot more of my time there.

I may be only 1 person and that doesn't count for much but I just wanted you all to know that newbies aren't made to feel welcome here.

I also expect to get flamed even more after this. Go ahead. Make your day.

Just my 2 cents worth...

To the best of my knowledge ThaiVisa and Ajarn have always had a good relationship. Anti-ThaiVisa comments will be very closely watched on Ajarn. It is not our intention to allow campaigns or vendettas to spill across forums.

Also, I think the negative people posting here about 'sensational' reporting are being a bt touchy. 360 People detained for Visa infractions IS sensational! There is not a dull way to phrase that!

Still, good to know that you fine chaps running the show here get your fair share of 'knockers' too!

:o