Maxnet Premier Speed Upgrade In Chiang Mai

Lordfoul

I am out of the Country at the moment. My wife just called me to let me know she had been contacted by TTT and they said that they are going to upgrade our service from 3Mb to 4Mb, but she needs to sign some paper work first.

Does anyone out there know what this is about?.

There are some of red flags.

1. We don't have 3Mb service, we have 2Mb premier

2. We did not have to sign paper work last year when they upgraded us from 1Mb to 2Mb

3. They are bring the paper work to the house. They must really want us to do this.

Note: My 2Mb premier connection has always run excellent, I have always been able to max it our anytime I want.

I supposedly have 2 mb Indy here in Khon Kaen. In reality it is 0.88mb They telephoned last month and said we were being upgraded to 3 mb. and to go and sign the paperwork. One month later and it is still 0.88mb. Telephone the call center and all we get is "phone you back". Of course they never do. Go to the office and they say you have to phone the call center. Pathetic.

497512388.png

I have never heard of their support center going out and offering upgrades.

Does it involve any extra $$$ ?

To be honest they are so incompetent and tell so many lies who knows. They must be the most incompetent company in Thailand. Absolutely useless. Problem is there is little choice.

A TTT rep came to the house last evening. The 'paperwork' was the exact same paper you get when signing up for an account and mentions nothing about speed upgrades. When questioned, the rep said that maybe someday there might be a speed upgrade and we needed to sign this to make sure we get it.

Of course that is not true they don't upgrade speed on a person by person bases.

After my wife asked a few questions, she was told she could go down to the main office and get answers and sign the paper there. I am sure the only change is their Terms of Service agreement and signing it will benefit them and not us.

TTT as an ISP has been exceptionally good and stable. But the people at their (Chiang Mai) offices have no knowledge about anything above collecting payments and they are not particularly good at that.

This is getting a bit off topic, thanks to me mainly.

To answer the op's question. Yes we got a call and had to go and sign new paperwork and others have reported the same.

Still crap though. :)

Edited by Lordfoul

So, that is 2Mb which is the lowest premier package they have. Is that what you had before you signed? Where you told you were being upgrade? if so to what level?

Yes, they called, we went, we signed. Top dl speed 240kBs.

I supposedly have 2 mb Indy here in Khon Kaen. In reality it is 0.88mb They telephoned last month and said we were being upgraded to 3 mb. and to go and sign the paperwork. One month later and it is still 0.88mb. Telephone the call center and all we get is "phone you back". Of course they never do. Go to the office and they say you have to phone the call center. Pathetic.

I even contacted the "I-Care" service by E-Mail ...

Then, the result being nil, I suggested this "service" be renamed ... "I-DON'T-CARE" !

:)

So, that is 2Mb which is the lowest premier package they have. Is that what you had before you signed? Where you told you were being upgrade? if so to what level?
Yes, they called, we went, we signed. Top dl speed 240kBs.

The last time they did speed upgrades it was reflected on their website very quickly, so i tend to question this a bit. On side note, i have noticed my 2Mb premier connection has been getting slower, but it might be rain related. I need to plugin to the modem and check the SNR levels.