New Zealand Man Charged With Murdering Thai Prostitute

george

what a shame...

I really wonder what kind of man visits a 48 year old Thai prostitute....

O...thats an unkind thing to say...my wife is 54 but a lot of my mates still think shes a <deleted>...actually so do I.

One man`s meat is another man`s poison.

48 years old and still on the game. Must have done a lot of mileage.

Yuk.

Lot of assumptions there old chap. Did it ever strike you that she may have been new on the game? Perhaps she lost her factory job and moved overseas to try her hand at something new. This could of been her first customer, perhaps even her first sexual partner. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the first time I have seen Neverdie at a loss for words...

Heya Patsy,

Actually two amazing things happened with that post, firstly I responded to one of the posters who had posted previously & then after I hit the submit button I realised that I had been a bit harsh & knowing that SBK was about to jump down my throat (as they say), I withdrew my highly inappropriate comment (Theres another first there).

Anyway, its been a slow day.

:)

You are a paranoid man, neverdie. I wasn't even reading the thread. :D

Yes, I wonder how they "know" she was a prostitute? Presumably the killer told the police that, but does that necessarily make him believable? He did murder after all. Presumably they investigated this before smearing this poor woman's name through the mud.

she was found at a house known to be a brothel

Murdered prostitute identified

a 47-year-old computer programmer,

don't even think you need the question...

:) Ditto.

Yep, a sub-species of mankind,

not known for getting much daylight,

or social interaction.

"Mushrooms with fingers"; I once heard as a description...

or social interaction.

Eh, if that is what you guys think, then I'm not too surprised about all the speculation about this woman! I am a 36 year old computer programmer, and I see the light of day quite often. Much more so than when I was a 23 year old computer programmer, for sure.

Who comes to thailand to sleep with a prostitute and decides out of them millions here to utilize a 48 year old... ? Two things about this that say he has problems (1. he is using a prostitute, 2. he is using a prostitute that should have retired 18 years ago)

The crime occurred in New Zealand, not Thailand.

In Western countries (I know that New Zealand isn't geographically in "The West"), many prostitutes are older than the ones that are visible to tourists and expats in Thailand. I don't really find much about this case to be surprising.

or social interaction.

Eh, if that is what you guys think, then I'm not too surprised about all the speculation about this woman! I am a 36 year old computer programmer, and I see the light of day quite often. Much more so than when I was a 23 year old computer programmer, for sure.

I have programmed Java, NeXTStep and OpenStep, C++ a bit.

Then the eyes gave out, can't code with bad eyes AND dyslexia.

Don't like actually programing much, but I have basic understanding of it.

I got this 'mushroom' line from a guy who programed on ENIAC, worked for Rand 'in the black' for decades.

I had dinner with him, his daughter/my girlfriend and Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper ret.

He told this at dinner and she laughed loudly. If you don't know who Grace was to computing....

A buddy did Chase Manhattans first mainframe system.

So I come by the line legitimately and have known a few 'programmers' too

Edited by animatic

I got this 'mushroom' line from a guy who programed on ENIAC, worked for Rand 'in the black' for decades.

I had dinner with him, his daughter/my girlfriend and Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper ret.

He told this at dinner and she laughed loudly. If you don't know who Grace was to computing....

I do know who Grace Hopper was, and I also know that those days are long gone. We were talking about a guy (the 47-year-old programmer in the article mentioned in the OP) who probably never saw a punch card in his life, let alone an ENIAC.

what a shame...

O...thats an unkind thing to say...my wife is 54 but a lot of my mates still think shes a <deleted>...actually so do I.

each to there own John, whatever tickles your fancy!

Yep..she has been a wonderful wife for many years now, is a bandit off a handicap of 17 so I don't gamble too often with her..O and she has a degree. You keep on with your young ladies of horisontal pleasure if that tickles your fancy...

She has a degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow wee, but I guess for that "generation" that is a big accomplishment. Regardless, I'd bump uglies with her... I like classics

I do know who Grace Hopper was, and I also know that those days are long gone. We were talking about a guy (the 47-year-old programmer in the article mentioned in the OP) who probably never saw a punch card in his life, let alone an ENIAC.

He's only a few years younger than me,

and I used IT&T tickertape machines hooked to Dartmouths mainframe,

and worked with punch cards as a learning tool back in the day.

So maybe not quite as far fetched.

meanwhile... back to the topic... he's suicidal...and we'll soon find out even... who he is...

Prostitute murder-accused on suicide watch

LATEST: The man charged with the murder of a Thai prostitute is suicidal and on close watch in prison, a court has been told.

The neatly dressed computer programmer appeared in Auckland District Court this morning for a hearing to decide if his name should continue to be kept secret.

His lawyer, Nikolas Wintour, said the man had a history of psychiatric problems dating back to 1992.

A recent psychiatric report found he was at "higher risk of suicide than the average prisoner”.

But Crown prosecutor Rachael Reed said extensive police investigations meant the man’s family, friends and the immediate community in which he lived were already aware of the charges against him.

Judge Lindsay Moore agreed to continue name suppression until his next appearance, but said suppression was unlikely to continue beyond that.

"This is a man with long-standing psychiatric problems and because of this his current mental health state is impaired," he said.

The condition could be exacerbated by publication of his name, Judge Moore said.

But he needed to realise that eventually his name would be published, he said.

"It is a question of when rather than if."

The body of 48-year-old Thai prostitute Nuttidar Vaikaew - known as Sky to her clients - was discovered at her rented home in the Auckland suburb of Western Springs on May 12.

Police said she appeared to have died some weeks earlier, on April 17.

The accused was remanded in custody to reappear in court on August 3.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2530...n-suicide-watch

what a shame...

each to there own John, whatever tickles your fancy!

Yep..she has been a wonderful wife for many years now, is a bandit off a handicap of 17 so I don't gamble too often with her..O and she has a degree. You keep on with your young ladies of horisontal pleasure if that tickles your fancy...

Just curious why you mentioned " a degree" why do most wives have degrees? bet you don't have a degree :) the men never have degrees and the wives do, still trying to figure that one out :D

• 1 month later...
- Banned -
- Banned -
-Banned -
- Banned -

UPDATE... in tribute to the aforementioned trolls... he's been identified...

Man on murder charge named

The man accused of murdering a Thai sex worker in Auckland had his name suppression lifted in Auckland District Court today.

Gordon Hieatt, a 47-year-old computer programmer, is charged with murdering 48-year-old Nuttidar Vaikaew.

The body of Ms Vaikaew, known to her clients as Sky, was found at a Western Springs house on May 12. Police believe she was killed on April 17.

Name suppression was granted at Hieatt's previous appearance after his lawyer Nicholas Wintour argued he was at a high risk of self-harm and releasing his name would increase that risk.

Mr Wintour said today name suppression should continue until a risk assessment was completed by a doctor hired by the defence.

But prosecutor Rachael Reed said Hieatt had been put back into a "general population" area because doctors believed there were much reduced concerns over his safety.

The open justice principle which saw names routinely published therefore applied, she said.

Judge Mike Behrens said it appeared concern for Hieatt's safety had diminished, therefore there were insufficient grounds for his name to remain suppressed.

Hieatt, who wore a black suit with a blue tie, was remanded in custody to reappear in Auckland District Court later this month for a further pre-depositions hearing.

- New Zealand Herald / 2009-08-03

• Like 1

Man accused of killing prostitute named

An Auckland computer programmer charged with the murder of a Thai prostitute has lost his bid for continued name suppression.

Gordon Wayne Hieatt, 47, is charged with the murder of Nuttidar Vaikaew.

Ms Vaikaew, 29, known to her clients as Sky, was discovered in her home in the Auckland suburb of Western Springs on 12 May. Police say it appears she had died several weeks earlier on 17 April.

On Monday afternoon, Mr Hieatt appeared in Auckland District Court seeking continued name interim suppression.

Defence lawyer Nikolas Wintour told the court Mr Hieatt is at a high risk of suicide.

Crown prosecutor Rachael Reed opposed continued interim name suppression, saying Mr Hieatt was no longer under close observation and there were no concerns about his mental health.

Judge Michael Behrens ruled there were no grounds for continued interim name suppression.

Mr Hieatt was further remanded in custody until a further pre-depositions hearing on 17 August.

- Radio New Zealand / 2009-08-03

Yes, I wonder how they "know" she was a prostitute? Presumably the killer told the police that, but does that necessarily make him believable? He did murder after all. Presumably they investigated this before smearing this poor woman's name through the mud.

I believe prostitution is legal in NZ now; her profession should be as acceptable or commonplace as any other.. :):D

If she was a motor mechanic the press would not have mentioned it.

The facts are as follows:

1. Yes, she was a prostitute - it was reported in the same way that his occupation was reported - it is not a judgement of who she was - prostitution is not illegal in New Zealand. She had a number of clients - the house she was found in was not a brothel - it was her own home.

2. The accused was not a client - he had been involved in a relationship with her for quite a period of time - her occupation is irrelevant

3. There are psychiatric problems - however it was felt he needed to be stable prior to releasing his name - for his own safety. There is no justice served if the accused is able to commit suicide before coming to trial. This does not mean it will be used as a defence.

4. The accused is a socially adept person who has led a "normal" life up until this episode. It is out of character for him and no judgements should be made about him until all the facts of the matter are known.

5. He does not blame society for his psych problems - any defence based on insanity could be worse than no defence. If found guilty by reason of insanity a person can be locked away in a secure unit for an indefinite period of time maybe for the rest of their life - whereas if found guilty there is a sentence imposed for a set length of time.

• 1 year later...

gordonhieattchargedwith.jpg

Gordon Hieatt

Murder accused 'left body to decompose in apartment'

A trial has begun for man accused of murdering his girlfriend and leaving her body to decompose in her apartment for up to 3½ weeks. Gordon Hieatt, 47, has pleaded not guilty in the High Court at Auckland to murdering Nuttidar Vaikaew, 48, in her Western Springs, Auckland, apartment some time after April 16 last year. Crown prosecutor Rachael Reed told the jury Hieatt strangled Ms Vaikaew, a sex worker originally from Thailand, after an argument and left her body on a bed where police found it, covered with flies and maggots.

Police were contacted after Ms Vaikew's landlord stopped by to see if she was all right because he had not seen her for some time and because her rent was overdue. Hieatt opened the door and introduced himself as Ms Vaikaew's boyfriend and told the landlord she was unwell. But the landlord was concerned by a foul smell emanating from the apartment so he called the police, who went there to do a welfare check on May 12. When they asked if everything was all right he said "no" and told them he and his girlfriend had been in an argument and he had killed her, Ms Reed said. The curtains were drawn in the small apartment and there was a fan pointing at the bed where Ms Vaikaew's body lay.

"The smell was indescribable and putrid… dead flies and maggots were all over the lounge and particularly on the bed," she said.

Continues:

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/135315/murder-accused-left-body-decompose-apartment

Otago Daily Times (New Zealand) - November 8, 2010

Accused lived with decomposing corpse, court told

An Auckland computer programmer murdered his Thai girlfriend then lived with her decomposing body in the lounge for nearly a month, a court has been told. Gordon Hieatt, 49, is on trial in the High Court at Auckland for the murder of sex-worker Nuttidar Vaikaew, 48, in April 2009. Crown prosecutor Rachael Reed said Hieatt told police he had choked her after an argument got out of control.

Reed said Hieatt killed Vaikaew on April 16 but continued living at her Western Springs, Auckland, flat for over three weeks, going about life as normal - taking trips to Wellington, visiting sex workers and going to family gatherings. The police officers who responded to a call from Vaikaew's landlord on May 12 were greeted by a smell "indescribable and putrid". Dead flies and maggots littered the floors. Vaikaew's body was on a double bed in a curtained-off corner of the lounge, covered in blankets with a dressing gown over the head. A fan was blowing over the bed to try and alleviate the stench, Reed said. An examination of Hieatt's computer showed he had been on instant chat site MSM with another girlfriend in Thailand during the time his partner of two years lay rotting next to him.

The chat logs showed him saying Vaikaew "had gone and she was never coming back". He later said Vaikaew had "made him crazy and he had killed her on Friday". In other conversations he said he had read jokes all day to cheer himself up.

Continues:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4320875/Accused-lived-with-decomposing-corpse-court-told

Stuff.co.nz (New Zealand) - November 8, 2010

Edited by Buchholz