Looking For Possibility To Export Beer From Thailand

Hello,

I'm going to open a pub in Kathmandu, Nepal. So, I need to bring some of european beer in keg to Nepal: Hoegaarden, Leffe, Guinness etc. Since Thailand is the closest place, where you can get this beer in keg, I want to import it from Thailand by air.

The question is how to this. Distributors of beer in Thailand do not have export license. So I'm looking for the export company in Thailand, who will be able to buy beer in keg in Thailand and send it to Nepal.

Will be happy to hear any advices.

BR

Phil

GSM +977 980 660 9346

Maybe Fluid Asia Pacific can help. I know they import a lot of the brands you mentioned. Dunno about the export rules though.

Thanks man, I'll talk to them.

Oh an opening!

Do we all get an invitation?

:)

:D

Yeah, why not?

Why not contact each brewer directly and see what they can do.

It looks like they have some "regional policy". It means that Thailand office does not have a facility to export beer. Usually Nepal belongs to Indian office and India does not work with draught beer, only bottled and can. Their market is not enough developed. It works like this for Diageo (guinness) and InBew (hoegaarden, leffe, franziskaner) for example.

So, the solution can be to buy the beer in Thailand and re-export it to Nepal. Price will be very high, but probably it will be possible to reimburse some taxes. That is why I'm looking for an exporter in thailand, who probably will help me...

import them directly from the country of production, thailand has the crazy taxes(something like 140%) of the value of the bottle.

This is an option. I'm considering it. But I believe, that kegs come from europe to Thailand by sea in a huge amount and somebody take care of the transportation conditions. If I order it directly from europe, it should be delivered by air, otherwise it can be seriously damaged by heat or time.

As for taxation, there should be the way to reimburse or not to pay thailand tax.

Anyway thank you! Hope I'll find a solution. Nepal should not die without a glass of chilled draught hoegaarden!

Edited by yeremey