Driver Licsence

taurus8

A new wrinkle for smooth living here. I understand from several foreign residents to renew Driver L. at the Ministry of Transport ,that must now be done at police station. They also require yellow book, and fingerprints. Are they sure we are welcome to live here at all ? Very strange,and no previous announcement.

Comments?

A new wrinkle for smooth living here. I understand from several foreign residents to renew Driver L. at the Ministry of Transport ,that must now be done at police station. They also require yellow book, and fingerprints. Are they sure we are welcome to live here at all ? Very strange,and no previous announcement.

Comments?

I renewed my DL 2 months ago in Surin and gave no fingerprints/yellow book(havn't got one anyway) or went to the Police Station. This was for my first 5 year car and Motocyc lisences.

Dave

Don't think so. I renewed mine (motorcycle) two days ago in the Nongkhai Transport Office and needed a statement from the Imm Police here. No fingerprints taken, just a photo. Paid 355 baht for all fees together.

re.: This happened in Buriram City.Swiss man very upset after 30 years in Thailand,he gets shuffeled around.... He has renewed every 5 years and now this... I asked at that office, and was told,"new rules" . This should be all across Thailand then? or each Province/City has its own rules ???

It seems like Buri Ram is make more and more these Dodgy rules and local "New" changes what actually not not apply to rest of the thailand.

For re-newal,, did police has Proper license machines for NEW license as the old should not be use one's it's expired??

if not then IMHO it's illegal practice.

but IF this is spreading around,,,keep us posted,, i got my Bike and car 5yr from Transportation office.