Electronic Parts

Cromarty

Does anyone know where I can buy a capacitor and also heat shrink plastic? The capacitor is 47uF 100V.

thanks

I'm looking for the same in Chiang Mai, I need some heatsinks and a few other bits. The shop next to Icon used to have much of this but it seems they're most interest in selling other cheap chinese goods now.

I'm looking for the same in Chiang Mai, I need some heatsinks and a few other bits. The shop next to Icon used to have much of this but it seems they're most interest in selling other cheap chinese goods now.

For Chiangmai, Kitti Electronics is about the best for electronic parts. If the don't have it they can get it quickly. I order dozens of items from them every month for the laboratory I work at, often esoteric items. Located on Chang Puak Road (Chotana). Previous topic here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Electronic-Parts-t249140.html

For Chiangmai, Kitti Electronics is about the best for electronic parts. If the don't have it they can get it quickly. I order dozens of items from them every month for the laboratory I work at, often esoteric items. Located on Chang Puak Road (Chotana). Previous topic here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Electronic-Parts-t249140.html

Thanks for the tip, i'll check it out. I was in an electronics shop in that area before, but they were mostly carrying audio/video plugs and sockets iirc. I'll have a look, thanks again.

Does anyone know where I can buy a capacitor and also heat shrink plastic? The capacitor is 47uF 100V.

Need to say where you are located. You can order online at a couple of places such as th.Farnell.com or futurlec.com both I have used but futurlec mostly for components I can't get locally and their shipping costs are very reasonable. They have an office in Bangkok

I think most any electronic, video, audio shop will have the heat shrink plastic, if they offer TV/dvd/cd player repair service they may also have the capacitor. Some PC monitor repair shops might also have the cap.

If you want only one capacitor, ordering online would be kind of funny as the shipping charge would be many times the cost of the capacitor.

Here's a site to look at though:

http://www.thaieasyelec.com/index.php?lay=...l=1&cid=128

If you want only one capacitor, ordering online would be kind of funny as the shipping charge would be many times the cost of the capacitor.

You're right, I missed the "a capacitor". :) As leftnose mentioned, electronic service repair shops will either have it or know where you can get it.

Sorry, of course I should said where I am, what a numpty!! Anyway, I'm in Bangkok.

I know, 1 cap is all I need! If I order in the UK it would cost the princely sum of 37p, just 18baht!

It would be great if someone knows an actual shop. I don't fancy hauling my sorry behind around future town or Pantip.

I know there is a big repair shop in Future Town, but I don't know if they will sell me an actual part.

Any soi TV repair shop can provide what you need. If you want to look at where they buy in Bangkok go to Old Siam Shopping Plaza and check the shops there and along streets next block West (Ban Mor).

Edited by lopburi3

I would think if there is one of the AMORN shops in the area they might carry the cap also and for sure the heat shrink

In fact they carry in all their shops across the country in most cases, or can here it for you next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help, I was able to get what I needed and the people who work there are friendly and helpful. Prices are very reasonable too.