Jazz Mods...

How can I make my stock Honda Jazz 1.5L go faster?

Where can I get a price list of items that are readible in Thailand?

What are the pros and cons of putting stuff into the car?

Any suggestions? I would like my Jazz to do 200KMPH nothing more, so I only need about 20KMPH more than I have now... What should I do?

Would my warranty go away? What about insurace?

You could through in a new ehxaust, headers, and high flow cat. Local branding should see you paying about 10-15K just for that. If you stay NA, it will cost a lot to make it fast, and I reckon max speed won't increase much. Might be good for an extra 5-10 HP. Avoid changing your intake to a short ram. It's very hot here and hot air from your engine can make you lose HP. Change the standard paper filter for a k&N. I did that and it works fine and lasts (nearly) forever. These cars weren't made for speed - so it's hard to extract a lot of power from them. For the amount you need to spend, you might be disappointed with the results.

There are a few turbo jazzes on the road here. I reckon if I had the money I would go for that - on low boost ofcourse. Else save your money for a faster car. It really depends on your budget. Most things can be done here, but just depends on what you want to spend.

Avoid changing your intake to a short ram. It's very hot here and hot air from your engine can make you lose HP. Change the standard paper filter for a k&N

Totally agree

There is solution to make Jazz much more powerful and faster:

honda_fit_stage2_rotrex_supercharger_small03.jpg

http://cms.kraftwerksusa.com/

http://www.supercharger-experience.com/honda_fit_stage2.php

But a bit expensive - local dealer ask 218,000 baht - and you should have manual gearbox

Edited by Grant

I remember previous model transmissions had restrictions on max HP. There was a turbo or supercharger kit advertised but they couldn't add more than 20hp due to CVT limits.

Todays jazz doesnt have CVT any more in most markets (like LOS), 5 speed hydraulic now.

Mugen has a nice Kompressor/Supercharger kit, but I doubt the auto can handle it.

Anyone with NOX experience?

Sorry, I'd hate to be riding in one of those things at 200km/h.

Snowflake, what you might not realise is that your original equipment speedo is most likely out, Hondas are fairly accurate, but if your getting an indicated speed of 180, its more likely to be alot closer to 170 than 180. Naturally if you've been stuffing around with the wheels and tyres, your probably out even further.

I've been told to not bother trying to get any more power out of the jazz's tiny 1.5L engine and only to concentrate on improving the handling.

I plan to (with a GD3) put stiffer but not much lower H&R springs in, change the damper oil to a firmer formula, upgrade the brake pads and maybe hoses, put a strut tower brace in the front, and bolt a sway bar in the back.

I've been told to not bother trying to get any more power out of the jazz's tiny 1.5L engine and only to concentrate on improving the handling.

I plan to (with a GD3) put stiffer but not much lower H&R springs in, change the damper oil to a firmer formula, upgrade the brake pads and maybe hoses, put a strut tower brace in the front, and bolt a sway bar in the back.

You need to check some pics of jazzes with H&R springs. I put some in my civic and it dropped 2" in the front. There is only a finger gap between the tyre and fender. Hopefully in the jazz, it won't drop as much. You can also consider Eibach springs. It's also worth changing to 16 or 17" wheels and low profile tyres. The conbination, with the lowering springs, maked for pretty good handling on bends. The standard springs on my car were bouncy and horrible.

Edited by culicine