Limewire...

Niloc

I went to the site and downloaded and paid for 'Limewire Pro'.

The download was called "LimeWireLinux.deb" so I double clicked to open the unpackager and installer.

After and hour of downloading stuff it got stuck on the Sun Java compiler so I gave up.

I downloaded the Limewire package again and tried to instal.

All I got was "Error: Failed to satisfy all dependencies (broken cache)" and nothing works!!

Any ideas??

Colin

I would suggest that Limewire is the worst thing to use. Often the files are loaded with viruses and mis labeled files.

A far better system is a torrent site. The famous Pirate Bay or Mininova are fine.

Well if he is using linux viruses are not really a problem. But yes Limewire has had its day and sold out a few years ago.

You could try Gnutella client if you want to use that protecol. It MAY be better for quick downloads - say single songs. 

Bittorrent can be slow to start up but its generally best for larger files like albums  or movies.

I would suggest that Limewire is the worst thing to use. Often the files are loaded with viruses and mis labeled files.

A far better system is a torrent site. The famous Pirate Bay or Mininova are fine.

I also agree with the above.

Had problems with Limewire but never with the two alternatives mentioned

Dave