Snake: Friendly Visit

Yes, a baby boa.

Pick it up and cuddle, no poison.

It's a constrictor. squeeze the life from pray.

As long as you are Three ties the length, don't' worry.

Forgot to add, no good meat but keeps the rodents away. :):D

Edited by PoorSucker

That'll be a baby constrictor, quite harmless at least at that size.

As my wife said to me once when I removed a tiny baby snake from the house, "where's the mother?" :)

A 3+ meter long snake was caught a year ago around the house, but not sure if it was a boa or python.

5 men were needed to catch and control the snake, which was probably given a last visit to the kitchen ...

A few weeks ago, had to kill what looked like a baby cobra.

You saw this where? In Bangkok? My wife's sister saw one like this in Don Muang once. At that size I wouldn't want them around especially if you had pets or small children.

Just a harmless little python, had one on the garden wall a month or two back, bit bigger though, wouldn't want to cuddle up too close.

python. the adults (after about three years or so old) can be aggressive if messed with; ours escaped several times (was able to push his ceiling cage cover and get out); once we found him in the rabbit area but he had eaten so much he couldnt get back out. several times he got caught wound up in our ceiling fluroescent lights and once in the electric breaker box (an old one so never closed); we also put him in a tree to sun himself, he climbed up and up and the poor thai worker was the only one who could climb the tree and get him down... but the worker was terrified of snakes as most thai are. the python was about 3 + meters long when he died after a long bought with pneomonia. we skinned him, kept his bones as an exhibit also.

actually saw a few in the park near my husband's house. i ran to photograph (they came out too dark), the thais ran the other way. :))

bina

israel

You saw this where? In Bangkok? My wife's sister saw one like this in Don Muang once. At that size I wouldn't want them around especially if you had pets or small children.
Just a harmless little python, had one on the garden wall a month or two back, bit bigger though, wouldn't want to cuddle up too close.

Yep in Bangkok, Ladprao area, my house is next to an uninhabited area of swamp land, so I get all sorts of wildlife popping over the garden wall. Had that Python on 2 separate occasions. In fact it was my dogs that alerted me to it. They are still intact, all 5 of them.

Yep in Bangkok, Ladprao area, my house is next to an uninhabited area of swamp land, so I get all sorts of wildlife popping over the garden wall. Had that Python on 2 separate occasions. In fact it was my dogs that alerted me to it. They are still intact, all 5 of them.

I have unoccupied plots on 3 sides of my garden which grow wild. I have a "clearway" cut about 1 metre wide on the other side of each of my walls now. This has significantly reduced the number of uninvited creatures visiting without doing too much damage to their habitat. I guess they would be exposed crossing the area so stay away.

Pruning back the tree branches that were close to the house eaves has also stopped the scuttling of rats above the bedroom ceiling.

There is a large (as yet unidentified) snake living under the house that I have glimpsed on a couple of occasions - but it stays inside most of the time unless the dog is not in the garden. I have not seen any rats recently so it can stay :) .

We had a python in our house last year, lovely creatures. My husband trapped it, grabbed it by the back of the neck and near the tail and took out back, across the road to a more jungly bit. Figured he'd have better luck finding food back there :)

I wouldn't want this size snake hanging around my place, it's big enough to eat small children and too big for just one adult to handle. Not a safe snake by any stretch of the imagination.