Total Bangkok Novice Looking For Romantic Restaurant Preferably In Sukhumvit

mp413

<br />What is your budget for dinner for 2 with/without wine?

Do not be pretentious and try to impress your dame beyond your earning capacity.

is that really your business what he spends.... or his intenions ! GROW UP! and get your big nose out of his private business he asked for your opinion on restaurant...not on how he spends his money.....

Hmmm...my comments must have touched a nerve in your lifestyle... :)

La Café Siam is another type of restaurant..... situated about 10min taxi from Suk and is in a old thai house and you can chose between sitting in or outside..... we allways preffered to sit outside under the roof in the garden...... beautiful place with really good food (thai n french) and a place i would say has a romantic feel to it......

www(dot)lecafesiam(dot)com .... since im not allowed to post links apparently yet....

<br />What is your budget for dinner for 2 with/without wine?<br /><br />Do not be pretentious and try to impress your dame beyond your earning capacity.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

is that really your business what he spends.... or his intenions ! GROW UP! and get your big nose out of his private business he asked for your opinion on restaurant...not on how he spends his money.....

:)

I live in Mae Hong Son, boyfriend coming in from Canada, we're meeting in BKK. I know nothing about Bangkok, we are staying at Hotel Uno Sukhumvit Soi 19 - are there any outstandingly romantic restaurants anyone can recommend? Or alternatively, just really neat, special restaurants (and I don't mean neat as in Cabbages & Condoms, been there done that and not romantic enough). Not necessarily within walking distance or anything, though that would be a big bonus. But we can handle a Skytrain or long cab ride for the right place.

thanks!!

mp413

Hi, you may be delighted with a little place "Once upon a Time" located Soi 17, Phetchburi Rd., Pratunam, Phone: 02/252-8629; 02/653-7857. The soi is directly opposite Pantip Plaza. The restaurant is about 60 metres down the soi (very safe). You pass a church and it's on your right-hand side. Getting there by taxi is a breeze (just cross over the walkway) and getting back to Sukhumvit area the same via Makkasan /soi nana nua / sukhumvit.

The restaurant is owned and run by a US ex-actor (quite tall with white hair) but I did not recognize him!?

The food and service were great on the three occasions I have visited with Farang and Thai friends. There is an outside garden if you prefer to eat there (a la C&C but smaller). The place is like a mini-mini-museum with many artifacts / stuff around and a couple of rooms upstairs on your way to the bog as show pieces. I cannot remember the prices, but very reasonable and I am "farang kee nok".

Menu is mainly Thai (not sure if vegan (ask for ahaan jay) but definitley veggie if that's your preferance), but "reduced" hot-wise to accomodate most western palates. If you want the real OMG just ask.

It's mentioned in Fodors. If you visit please let me know as I have not been there for two years due to location change.

Have a romantic night. wherever.

Thairet