Is July A Good Month To Visit?

Hi,

I am planning to travel Thailand on July 10. I am planning to visit Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and some islands in South Thailand. Heard that it will be June-October is rainy season in Thailand. Is it good to visit Thailand on July? Which part of Thailand(South, East,Central) is good to visit on July. Please also suggest me any additional information(weather and safety) related to the places mentioned above. Your reply is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I am planning to travel Thailand on July 10. I am planning to visit Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and some islands in South Thailand. Heard that it will be June-October is rainy season in Thailand. Is it good to visit Thailand on July? Which part of Thailand(South, East,Central) is good to visit on July. Please also suggest me any additional information(weather and safety) related to the places mentioned above. Your reply is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

You'll have a great time if; you don't fall in love and buy a new house for the new love of you life. Can't beat Thailand.

Agree. You'll have the time of your life! Expect rain everyday. A heavy shower that is. Ever been to NYC in the summer? Now give that 10% more in temp and humidity.

Coming at this time the girls will be more than happy to see you :) Stay on the beaten track, smile and jai yen (cool heart). Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee

Agree. You'll have the time of your life! Expect rain everyday. A heavy shower that is. Ever been to NYC in the summer? Now give that 10% more in temp and humidity.

Coming at this time the girls will be more than happy to see you :) Stay on the beaten track, smile and jai yen (cool heart). Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee

"Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee"

I also hope to arrive in July at the airport but do not understand above advice.

Hi,

Thanks in advance...

Thailand is always great to visit but better months are Oct to Feb, especially if you want to see the sun all day.

I would also skip Pattaya (unless its the night life your after, even then there are better places) and maybe go to Krabbe instead.

Enjoy your stay.

Coming at this time the girls will be more than happy to see you :D Stay on the beaten track, smile and jai yen (cool heart). Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee

"Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee"

I also hope to arrive in July at the airport but do not understand above advice.

The tourist line will be leading up to the taxi stand. There's actually one inside too as soon as you exit out of customs. Coupla girls behind a counter in blue blazers. They'll ask you what hotel you're staying at and give you a free map of Greeng Teep :) Then they'll direct you to the taxi stand.

Happy trails!

Edited by EnhancePlus

yes...july is rainy season..but sometimes it won't rain for a week or two..the weather in phuket is similar all year..just a few degrees c of variance..with a nice wind a lot of the time..Take care

Samui rainy season is November so there will be ok. Although an afternoon thunderstorm is quite common.

As for the Taxis at Suvamabhumi ignore the touts with official looking uniforms on. Go straight to the line of taxis outside and get a ticket from the desk.

chok dee

chok dee"

Judging by what I read on this site and also see when I am waiting for friends at the airport I think that it would be a good idea for someone to write and pin How and How Not To get ‘transport’ to Bangkok and maybe Pattaya as well. The approx. costs and toll fees etc

Hi,

Thanks in advance...

July maybe the rainy season but it certainly doesnt mean that it's going to rain everyday. You can go days in a row in July in Thailand and not see a spot of rain. It's really a toss up.

Even when it does rain a lot the rain usualy comes down heavy but only for s short time bfore brightening up again - nothing to affect your holiday much. As written, maybe head to the west coast, not much rain there at all in July.

Coming at this time the girls will be more than happy to see you :D Stay on the beaten track, smile and jai yen (cool heart). Use the taxi stand at the airport, don't jump in the first taxi you see - you'll see a line of tourist as you exit arrivals: made.

chok dee

chok dee"

Judging by what I read on this site and also see when I am waiting for friends at the airport I think that it would be a good idea for someone to write and pin How and How Not To get 'transport' to Bangkok and maybe Pattaya as well. The approx. costs and toll fees etc

I agree however it wouldn't be fun unless you made the mistake of having a dodgy "taxi" driver make you walk a kilometer to his car whilst dragging 40kgs of luggage and jet lagged and pay up to double for the privilege :)

OP under no circumstances accept a ride from anyone INSIDE the terminal. Public Taxi rank will give you a stamped receipt once you have found the Que outside

My opinion anytime is a good time to visit Thailand, now your choices of cities to visit leave a lot to be desired, Pattaya is in dire need of a make over, people jumping off building left and right. Oh whatever I think you will enjoy your visit here, just beware bad things can happen anyWHERE/anytime. ENJOY!! :)

Hi,

Thanks in advance...

It is always a good time to visit. I will be there 16Jul-1Aug, 1-16sep, 3-18Nov,12-27Jan and 15-30apr. Those are the ones paid for and more to come when those are done. Sure is nice to be a retired person. I just haven't made up my mind to live there yet.

You could see rain every day, you could not, but you will likely see rain. Sometimes it may be a light drizzle most of the day, other times it's more of the tropical rain which dumps a bunch of rain heavily in the afternoon for 20 minutes and that's it. So, up to you. Nobody can predict the weather on the specific days you'll be here, just know that it's rainy season.