For The 1000cc Boys

neverdie

wow that is a seriously fugly bike! the dash looks cool but other than that it's the typical ugly beemer look IMO. what's the expected retail? i would guess that it will be double that of the jap liter bikes which will put it out of contention straight away.

For many years ive admired BMWs engineering, but the price has always held me back from buying one,

I would think this bike is based on the WSB racer, they have strugled to get in the top 12 finishers this year, even with riders like Reuen Xaus and Troy Corser, and until this bike proves itself on the track, it wont sell very well outside Germany,,

PS, does Germany still have a 100hp limit on Bikes?

Great to see some of my ole biking mates are still alive and well, although some of your responses sure made me laugh.

wow that is a seriously fugly bike! the dash looks cool but other than that it's the typical ugly beemer look IMO. what's the expected retail? i would guess that it will be double that of the jap liter bikes which will put it out of contention straight away.

Ant R1, How could you?? The seriously fugly bike on the market at the moment is no other that the last couple of years worth of R1's....thats one of the reasons you've stuck with ur current ride, isnt it? :)

Still cant beat the Ducati 998S

As an avid Ducati man, I can only say wake up Jay.....have you seen the new Ducati 1198S.

Absolutely amazing specs, but whoever designed that front end should be drug tested and fired :D

Coming from the KING of bikes with an Ugly front end....YOU MUST BE RIGHT :D !

Edited by neverdie

..and I thought you were a tuk tuk guy, neversaydie :D

No No No, not really, yes I ride a little scooterbike here in LOS, but I'm a small man with a big appetite for SERIOUS HP! :)

I don't really like the styling of this Beemer, the tails tidy, the side profile is okay tho I dont like the shark fin & would of preferred seeing the two headlights match BUT the SPECS of it sound fairly impressive, have to book in for a test ride on one of these when they are released back home.

The low 30ies price tag is about as reasonable as it comes from BMW & kind of inline with what you might expect to pay for a Ducati or something similar.

The price is Au$31,xxx plus options and on the road costs. Where is this one made?

BSJ,

I am going googlee eyed looking for where its being manufacted, could only see one reference stating that it was being "manufactured in close cooperation with BMW 's Eisenach Plant" so ive got no idea, sorry.

Heres some more info & pics:-

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2009/06/03/moto...ce-speculation/

Thanks Neverdie. From the link one guy was saying "BMW S 1000 RR in Germany 15.150, - Euro incl VAT". If that's true they are actually cheaper in Oz. But not by much!

A BMW made in Germany.....how appropriate.

I saw it months ago and I still can't get my head around the front end styling. Some say it's quirky, I say it's crap! How come Benelli and MV and Ducati et al can make a bike that looks the business but BMW can't??? :)

Thanks Neverdie. From the link one guy was saying "BMW S 1000 RR in Germany 15.150, - Euro incl VAT". If that's true they are actually cheaper in Oz. But not by much!

A BMW made in Germany.....how appropriate.

I saw it months ago and I still can't get my head around the front end styling. Some say it's quirky, I say it's crap! How come Benelli and MV and Ducati et al can make a bike that looks the business but BMW can't??? :D

The asymetric fairing is questionable too.. Its like they wanted to have 2 totally different sides..

I AGREE with both of you regarding the looks. I havent seen a beemer that I've ever liked the styling of. I hate the shark fin fairing on the bike and the headlights, seems they should of stuck with the front end on one of those original designs for this model.

Once again, it would certainly seem though, this machine my turn a few head performance wise, about time for BMW too. For me sportswise for about 35k AUD, I couldnt got past the Ducati 1198S - looks superb! :)

• 3 months later...

tail light is sweet. and by sweet I mean it reminds me of cheap (very, very cheap) jewelry on otherwise a lovely transvestite. Too bad the tail light has to be clear, BMW couldn't use that horrible M3 mustard green