Uk Tourist Visa Query

My wife received a multi entry tourist visa (UK) for 180 days last week, for our trip to see the UK family next week for 3 weeks. A single entry visa was all that was requested, but she has a multi in her passport now. If, after returning to Thailand, we decide to visit the UK again before the visa's time limit is up, is it really as simple as just jumping on a plane and going to Heathrow? No need to tell the UK embassy we're going to the UK again?

This theory seems sound to me, but can it really be that simple? After all the hassle with supporting docs that were needed for the visa to be issued, fingerprints etc, is any special action (notification) needed prior to re-using the visa? Showing my naivete, I know, but I'm all too aware that things may not be as simple as they first seem...

Multi entry visas are the norm and yes it's as simple as getting on a plane, no need to notify anybody. Remember that she has to finally leave the UK before 180 days expire.

The only caveat is that a visa doesn't actually guarantee admission at the Port of Entry, an Immigration Officer can refuse entry, on the first or any subsequent visit, if they believe there has been material change since the application, but it is extremely rare. Of course it might cause problems with subsequent visas if she stayed for the full six months, or went to the UK on holiday every month.

Just imagine that your wife was on holiday and wanted to pop over to Paris, providing she has a Schengen Visa, well she wouldn't get back into the UK without a multi entry.

Just think of it as a two for one offer.

It's in out out Multi Entry for 6 months, these are what are issued and you can use it anytime in the 6 months.

No need to tell anyone at the embassy anything.

However keep your dates etc of all the trips and put them on the next application, I also put a copy of previous applications and entry stamps in the new application to add a little weight.

I just got the wife a new fmaily visa. No hassles and was done in 2 days! :)