Yoskarn Clinic Dr Kunachak

carfare

I consulted w/ Dr. Somyos last year for rhinoplasty. He examined my nose closely. His game plan for my nose was L-shaped silicon which scared me. Maybe I've seen too many pictures of silicon protrusion, I don't know. Yes, I was put off by the website also. My regret was that I did not bring enough pictures of good looking noses so the doctor will have an idea of what my goal was. I ended up postponing my planned rhinoplasty for a year.

I'm going to consult w/ two more doctors here in the US. If they recommend rib cartilage, I'll have it done here in US. But if they say I'm OK w/ L-shaped silicon also, then I'll probably go to Yoskarn and have it done there.

If you're having nose hump reduction, you'll probably be OK w/ Dr. Somyos. He's an ENT and university professor too, which is a plus.

Hi, I am from the netherryland. Planning to do the surgery this july 2010. Did you do your surgery I have no idea which one is gwith Dr. Somyos Kunachak ? How was it ? can I trust him ? I want to do nose surgery and also eyelash surgery. Yanhee is much cheaper but are they realiable ?

Please help me. Thank s alot.

Sweetbabe

I want to add this reply even though it's a long time since the original post, for people looking for reviews of doctors.

I had surgery with Dr. Somyos Kunachak in early 2010. This man knows what he's doing, and he has more advanced experience with techniques and procedures that the other top surgeons in BKK won't even do. I know this because I consulted with quite a few doctor. I am tremendously pleased with my results, and his staff took care of me like I'd never have imagined. I was alone and nervous, and they made me feel sooooo much more comfortable and I really felt like I was in good hands and that they actually cared about me (and I wasn't just a number). A little over a year later, and I'm so happy with my results that I'm coming back to BKK in about 3 months to have another surgery with him.

The other doctor I consulted with was Amorn Poomee and if for some reason Kunachak wasn't available, I'd go with Poomee. They both have outstanding reputations. You can always go to BKK, have a consultation with BOTH doctors, and then take a few days to decide. Generally they can fit your surgery in within a few days of your consult.

I also went to Yanhee for something, and I would never return. It was extremely frightening and my result was very unsatisfactory, almost like unfinished. I have met personally two women who were happy with Yanhee, but I was not.

Siam suzi, your review help me a lot. I was planning to do the surgery with dr. Somyos kunachak. Would you mind to share your before and after pic ? I booked my flight already in july but havent decided yet which PS i can trust. please send me your before and after, you will help me a lot to decide which one. Mye mail adres is [email protected]

Thank you

sweetbabe

Edited by sweetbabe

QUOTE (DavidSchengen @ 2009-11-26 13:12:37) QUOTE (jackoneilone @ 2009-11-02 19:22:48) QUOTE (surayu @ 2009-11-01 21:30:21) (however that would help him hugely for sure, but maybe he doesn't care much because seems to have customers all the times?

well as you probably also know he doesnt actually do write any of his emails or correspodence. His assistant, the same one that charges and bills you especially if your a foreigner, does all that. She simply shows him all the info he quickly tells her his opinion and then she replies. Now since its technically illegal to actually show info without patient consent she's probably the one trying to show possible patients an idea and not the good doctor himself.

as I mentioned before it is actually illegal to show patient photos or info.

an indicator of how good he or bad is how busy he is. the guy is really busy. A busy professor and head of a whole division at a prestigious university and hospital and then comes in busy seeing tons of patients at his private clinic and then performing procedures and operating in cases well past midnight. He even has assistant doctors that help him out with surgeries ie him and another doc or two.

I dont recall ever seeing his clinic empty or free. and arguably considering his background and professorial status at university i would say his speciality more than anything else is the nose.

I have been a patient of Professor Kunachak and I must say, the result of my rhinosurgery is astonishing. This surgery took place 7 months ago and I'm really content with the nose I have now. I am a professor at a university in Waseda Japan, If anyone have any quesitons concerning Mr. Kunachak, you can ask me.

During my pre-operation discussions no notes were taken at all! maybe i shold have taken a tape recorder. none of what we discussed made it to the oprating table. He doesn't even use computer imaging to give an idea of the desired results. He seems too busy. If i had to do it all again i would insist on some computer models. carfare ask around

Oh..dear. Your review scared me. Will Dr.Kunachak do the surgery himself if i decide to go for him ? I am planning to do it in july 2010. Could you show me your picture ? I would reallyy really apreciate it.

And you'll help me to calm my mind down at this moment, cause honestly i dont know which PS i should choose.Kunachak, Preecha, Greenchart or Pomee

my email [email protected]

Heeelpppp :-)

Sweetbabe

Edited by sweetbabe

Hi

I am also planning to have several procedures done in Thaialnd by Dr Kunachak. I have researched extensively and have been told that he is very good. When were you planning your op? Mine is is August.

I have heard that Dr Kunachak is very good. If you search this forum under health, body and medicine you will find quite alot of information about him. I understand your reservations, I have the same feelings. Its a big step.

Regards

Di