How Are We Brits Perceived In Thailand?

mahtin

Let's poke fun at the blacks! Now they really are useless! Wait....wait.....sounds a bit racist!

Lest we forget the Indians are dirty! They really stink.............Hang about! I have met some clean ones.

Chinese! Every one of them is a crook. I know a great family.

Must be EVERYONE I don't know.

It is a mixed bag for everyone...........everyone but the m***lims.......they really are BAD.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its just the bad ones give them a reputation, but I cant really tell if there from wales or Ireland. You all sound the same.

I did find a group of old British expats at a pub slanging off Thailand and telling the staff what to do.

But there are people like that from Australia, US etc. But I do see a lot of young farang's these days with no respect and just flat out abuse Thai's.

No wonder the smiles are going away.

Its just the bad ones give them a reputation, but I cant really tell if there from wales or Ireland. You all sound the same.

I did find a group of old British expats at a pub slanging off Thailand and telling the staff what to do.

But there are people like that from Australia, US etc. But I do see a lot of young farang's these days with no respect and just flat out abuse Thai's.

No wonder the smiles are going away.

Sorry about the oldies - most of us oldies are goodies (with the occasional python). :)

I'm going to have to say honestly that Brits are not perceived very well here by the Thais I know. The Thais say the Brits get drunk, make a problem and fight I suppose the same could be said about American red necks but there aren't to many of them here mostly because of the import tax on their mobile homes I imagine. In any event I have many friends from England that I met in my own country and they were well behaved proper people as most Americans imagine the English to be but since I have been to Thailand that image is shattered and I find myself having more in common with Australians. I have always liked the English and have had great respect for them my mother and father even took me to Ottawa in 1976 to have a look at the Queen but I would not want to make a comment about the Brits based on what I have seen here. All that being said I think all of the people I have seen out and about (Westerners) have not been a 'good quality' of people over all and yes I know I don't know these people but it is my impression watching them lurk about the city. I tend to notice a hostility about Westerners and I always thought it was just me but my youngest child cries and runs away when she sees a Westerner so.... I'm not sure what to make of it.

You claim to be a doctor yet cannot even punctuate a sentence or paragraph correctly! :)

Let's poke fun at the blacks! Now they really are useless! Wait....wait.....sounds a bit racist!

Lest we forget the Indians are dirty! They really stink.............Hang about! I have met some clean ones.

Chinese! Every one of them is a crook. I know a great family.

Must be EVERYONE I don't know.

It is a mixed bag for everyone...........everyone but the m***lims.......they really are BAD.

I think it's time for bed Your Highness...Prince Philip! :)

when a thai person asks me where im from and i say ireland im usually greeted with "huuuuhhhhhhh, oooooo, icalend" so infuriating they even registered me in bangkok pattaya hospital as being from iceland which cuase a furore with my insurance company.

nothing against iceland btw. :)

The entire comedy of an English Gentleman, is gone by at least ten years.

They're the worst slob, unmannered, uncouth creatures I've had the misfortune of being near.

They love to yammer on about Thailand's failings, but the simple fact remains -- they're decades behind Thailand when it comes to culture and respect and responsibility and understanding and charm.

Yobos go home.

btw, i also heard somone refer to winding the 'paddies' up as fun, the very use of the term 'paddy' is very offensive in ireland due to the role the british army played in ireland and still does continue to play in ireland.

The entire comedy of an English Gentleman, is gone by at least ten years.

They're the worst slob, unmannered, uncouth creatures I've had the misfortune of being near.

They love to yammer on about Thailand's failings, but the simple fact remains -- they're decades behind Thailand when it comes to culture and respect and responsibility and understanding and charm.

Yobos go home.

Two things come from Texas,steers and queers...and I don't see no steers 'round here!

-Full Metal Jacket.