Is There An Ikea (or Similar) In Bangkok?

TheVinylMan

No there isn't an Ikea in Thailand.

Ikano, Ikeas finance company, has bought land in Bangna BKK and will open Ikano center with Ikea 2010.

Similar to Ikano center in KL. Huge :)

Until then, there is Index. Double the price and half the quality of Ikea.

Ikano, Ikeas finance company, has bought land in Bangna BKK and will open Ikano center with Ikea 2010.

Thnx for the information katabeachbum, didn't know that.

maybe so, but Index deliver at home and put everything together, and all of that in a very proffesional way. I was surprised that such proffessionalism was possible in thailand.

we made an appointement an stricktly on time the truck was in front our door, 24 hours before they phoned us to confirm the delivery. So in this 100 better than Ikea who make you go banana's with their manuals.

Home Pro are quite good and usually have some offers. They are at the junction of Wireless and Sukhumvit (on the odd side) as well as other locations. Then you have Homeworks which is in Central Bang Na and some other places. Both have limited online catalogues.

I'd agree that Index isn't IKEA but it's OK. They do have good delivery service. Try Central Bang Na and there are 2 floors with different stores, the big ones like Index are there in a smaller format as well as 10 or so others. There's an Index Living Mall just down the road.

maybe so, but Index deliver at home and put everything together, and all of that in a very proffesional way. I was surprised that such proffessionalism was possible in thailand.

we made an appointement an stricktly on time the truck was in front our door, 24 hours before they phoned us to confirm the delivery. So in this 100 better than Ikea who make you go banana's with their manuals.

??? Ikea delivered put together a complete 3 bedroom condo for me. Never saw them use a manual either.

??? Ikea delivered put together a complete 3 bedroom condo for me. Never saw them use a manual either.

I taught there was no IKEA in Thailand,