How Many Mpg Are You Getting?

Honda CBR150 - closely measured over many tanks. Last tank almost 36 k/l on E10 gasohol, riding up to 120 kph. I wonder how accurate some guesses are; such as a big BMW 1200. Check your maths.

My Raider 150 can get almost 40k/l (if I just potter around) or as badly as about 28k/l if Im up it for the rent. I don't run it on gasohol, only bensine (petrol or whatever you want to call it).

If I can, I put 95 octane bensine in it & it goes further, but that stuff is getting harder and harder to come by. :)

I think every shell in thailand selling now 95 benzine,, they just started abt 6mths ago,,,should be country wide

Yes, it is 95 V-Power sold at SHELL stations only. My bike (ZZR 1400) can't use anything else but this fuel. At whooping 42.60 baht a liter and 33mpg according to onboard computer I can't really be happy.... :D

Riding like a maniac in town/mountain - pretty much worst case scenario for any engine, and measured by topping up and then checking the odometer at the next top-up:

Honda Wave 125i: 51 kpl / 120 mpg

D-Tracker factory restricted: 30kpl / 70 mpg

D-Tracker de-restricted: 24 kpl / 56 mpg (amazing that de-restricting makes such a big difference, but I as I said, riding like a maniac :) )

ER-6n ABS: 17 kpl / 39 mpg

Bikes sorted by fun factor, from lowest to highest :D

Filled up yesterday, 180 Baht covered 210 km's of easy driving with a D-Tracker, the works out to almost 40 km/l - personal best. Cool cause that works out to less than a baht a kilometer.

40 km/l is what Kawasaki claims as the D-Tracker's gas mileage so you really did a perfect run there. I never got close to that.

Honda CBR150 - closely measured over many tanks. Last tank almost 36 k/l on E10 gasohol, riding up to 120 kph. I wonder how accurate some guesses are; such as a big BMW 1200. Check your maths.

mine is accurate as it can be,,,as it's computericed systema and calibrated every 6mths,, can be difference +\- 2dl per 1000km

beemer is not thursty as one might think and it's all about driving speed, im not deemon and very seldomly riding over 120km\h that explains it a lot,,

I googled reviews for this bike and the first two hits already say 52 mpg. So MarcoH is right, and that's pretty amazing for a bike the size.

40 km/l is what Kawasaki claims as the D-Tracker's gas mileage so you really did a perfect run there. I never got close to that.

Yeah, but it seriously bites driving around like that very the meager savings it produces; don't bother it's no fun.

Oh note, when I follow my wife around on her 08 Honda Click (putt putt) the Kawasaki uses less fuel, way less if riding say up Doi Inthanon.

And on another note, just had some fibreglass work done on the boat, and now know of a shop that could turn your Wave into a Streamliner?

image004.jpg

33 KM/L on the Nouvo Elegance based on 7 tanks of 91 octane

No thoughts of conservation, I always try to pass/stay ahead of traffic

Prepress what are you getting these days?

Edited by ttakata