Can No Longer Connect To The Internet

Sophon

I would appreciate it if anyone has a suggestion.

I have for the last month been connecting via Nokia PC Suite to the net using my Nokia 3110c as modem without any problems (besides the somewhat variable speeds). Two days ago I was informed that there were a firmware update to my phone, so I installed that, and after that still had no problems.

Today I was then informed that a newer version of Nokia PC Suite (7.1.30.8) was available, and after installing that I can no longer connect my PC to the net via the phone. The phone connects OK to the PC, so I can read SMS'es on the PC and transfer files between the two devices, but when connecting to the net I get the error message "Failed to establish a network connection". The help in PC Suite just says "Dial-up networking must be enabled for your phone in the Bluetooth wireless technology software" and that have to activate this on my phone, but I have the same problem wether I connect via USB or Bluetooth (I normally use USB), and besides it is already activated since I haven't changed the settings in my phone.

When I try to connect nothing happens on my phone, whereas before I would get a blue "bar" running left and right on the phone until the connection was established. This leads me to believe that the communicaion between phone and PC isn't working properly, but as mentioned before the connection works ok for other things. Also, I can still connect directly to the net from my phone, so it's not a provider problem (DTAC).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nokia PC Suite but with no change.

Have anyone had a similar problem and maybe a suggestion on how to solve it? Alternatively, how can I use my phone as a modem without using Nokia PC Suite?

Thank you in advance for any and al suggestions.

Sophon

Just a quick update.

I managed to establish a connection by selecting the USB connection in Windows Network center (instead of connecting in Nokia PC Suite) and is now connected to the net via my phone. I guess that confirms that the problem lies either in Nokia PC Suite or in the phone software.

I would still appreciate it if someone has a suggestion as to what I can do to repair PC Suite, as I find it more convenient to connect that way. But at least I can now use my phone as modem again.

Thanks again.

Sophon

Success!

The connection I created via Windows now also works when selected from Nokia PC Suite, So I have deleted the earlier USB connection and now use the new one instead.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Sophon

It always amazes me when folks continuously 'upgrade & break' a perfectly good O/S!!

It must be a M$ thingy - as it never worked properly from the get-go!!

I always install, means test, harden and leave it be. I dont upgrade zilch.

Is it any faster/better than the previous?!

Especially with firmware or flashing. Make sure ya have the original, known good version available.

BR>Jack