Book In Girls Name

I have the bike and book in my possession and all papers and it is my bike. It is in my ex-girlfriends name and she is a really nice girl, but right now doesnt reply to anything and doesnt seem to want to speak.

In the event of her messing around what measures do I have to do to get the book into my name or a buyers name. I want to sell and of course wouldnt before the bike was in the name of the seller.

I am willing to pay extra money if nessesary to go under the table.....

Lenny from past expierence with this send the ex a text message and tell her that you will pay her for her time to get the paperwork and copies of her ID card. she can either go to a transport office or pretty much any shop selling bikes to get copies of the transfer and Authority letter, she fills these in copies front and back of her id card then signs each copy. You then have every thing to enable a tranfer. Is it the Vfr your selling?

Have a figure in mind of what you want to pay. It's pretty certain you will get an answer then. money,money,money thats what makes Thailand go around.

Allan

I do know that you have to hold a non-immigrant visa at the time of name change.

The OP has stated the bike is in a Thai ladys name. The only person who can change ownership of the bike is the person named on the book so where you get the idea about a NON Immigrant visa from ? I know people who have had a bike put in their name on a TV. You only need immigration to verify your address! Your best bet is to offer the ex a cash incentive for doing the paperwork and that way it is all above board. Yes you may be ale to get it done by nefarious means but if the ex finds out then she could cause you more trouble than it would be worth. Most will opt for the cash rather than the hassle :)

Well i have a non imm visa already.

I tried messaging a couple of time stating i could pay and that i know she doesnt want to talk. And again saying i need at least a yes or no answer so I know what to do, and if it was yes she wouldnt have to talk to me and just the buyer. No answer. I'm sure she will answer. Shes a good girl ad she still talks to my family and everything.

It is the vfr.

If nothing then how is it done that may get me in trouble. I'm willing to loose 10,000 baht off the price to sell it.

I tried messaging a couple of time stating i could pay and that i know she doesnt want to talk. And again saying i need at least a yes or no answer so I know what to do, and if it was yes she wouldnt have to talk to me and just the buyer. No answer. I'm sure she will answer. Shes a good girl ad she still talks to my family and everything.

It is the vfr.

If nothing then how is it done that may get me in trouble. I'm willing to loose 10,000 baht off the price to sell it.

Are you in Thailand ? :)

It is the vfr.

Yes I'm in thailand, though today I did get contact with her and she said she would send some documents. I'm not sure how she knows what to send. I figure she researched herself when she got the message instead of talking to me. She really doesnt want to see or hear from me again.....

Ok... 60k for the vfr. Plus looking for a clean nsr...

Edited by lennya12threh

It is the vfr.

Yes I'm in thailand, though today I did get contact with her and she said she would send some documents. I'm not sure how she knows what to send. I figure she researched herself when she got the message instead of talking to me. She really doesnt want to see or hear from me again.....

just make sure you get a photocopy of her thai id. with that you can transfer title on the bike.

Tread carefully my friend,she can report the bike stolen and up the anti,withyou in custody less one bike giving her 4 ace's and name her price,put your history aside until you are regestered owner.

I know of a similar situation that actually happened. A Thai couple was getting divorced and one of the spouse's 'sold' the other spouse's motorcycle to a shop. The actual owner declared it stolen, and the shop owner was arrested and jailed for a while until the entire matter was sorted out. Now if this can happen to a Thai, imagine what could happen to a falang.

To the OP, good luck to you. However, I would add a proviso. Internet forums like this exist for a reason. If you had asked here before you did anything, there are a sufficient number of people with alot of knowledge who could have helped you avoid the mess. We could have told you how to register the bike in your own name, some shops to check out the bike before you bought it, etc.

get a copy of the thai power of attorney document (this alows title transfer without her prescence) as well as a title transfer document, get her to sign both and get a copy of her ID card and house registration...both also signed....make sure the book is signed also.

problem solved, i wouldnt worry too much about her reporting it stolen..she would have to be an a extrememly cunniving person to do that.

It is the vfr.

just make sure you get a photocopy of her thai id. with that you can transfer title on the bike.

You will need more than that, transfer documents copies of her ID and Tabian all signed :D

You will need more than that, transfer documents copies of her ID and Tabian all signed :)

Really the BARE minimum to avoid any potential 'problems' would be to get the 1) green book (which apparently you have, though it is in her name) 2) a photocopy of her Thai ID (or Tabian Bahn) and 3) transfer documents (which are merely the forms to transfer title which you can get from a dealer or from the Land Transportation Bureau).

I said what I said because what you need, basically, is a copy of the Thai ID (or Tabian Bahn), as you have or can readily get everything else. The copy of the Thai ID card (or Tabian Bahn) is the tricky part. If you manage to get it, the signature part should not really be a 'problem' as there are no requirements to get it notarized, if you know what I mean.

I do know that you have to hold a non-immigrant visa at the time of name change.

The OP has stated the bike is in a Thai ladys name. The only person who can change ownership of the bike is the person named on the book so where you get the idea about a NON Immigrant visa from ? I know people who have had a bike put in their name on a TV. You only need immigration to verify your addres

Many provinces, especially tourist ones like Patts and Phuket allow it.. But the law says you must have a non imm clas of visa to own any kind of registered vehicle.

Disclaimer: I have no experience, apart from dealing with an ex. So - make sure this is air and water tight. Go to a notary public, well worth the extra 1,000 Baht. There is one near Asoke BTS. Good luck!