Mk Restaurants

teddy_bare

How nice it would be of MK to provide a container to take the unused soup stock home for further use. It would be very useful and nutritious as the base for a number of home cooked dishes.

sibeymai,

If you want their crappy stock so badly, take your own decent container with you to the & I use tongue in cheek when I say Restuarant.

Its not that difficult to make ur own delicious stock, personally I wouldnt bother with MK's.

Its typical food chain crap people, theres no denying it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't too keen at first but now I like it a lot, can be quite a healthy option. Love the roast duck as they don't palm you off with a plate full of bones and fat.

I wish we have MK in US but, we can go to a fancy Korean restaurant to sub it. Last time I went to reunite at MK with my college friends. There were so many people and we had our hard time to chat...but, the food were alright..Love the roast duck and the hot pot is healthy..my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for their roast sliced duck and/or roast sliced pork. Pretty good quality and price, compared to other places...

The suki stuff there I can take or leave... But it does have the advantage of being vegetable heavy and not fried, which actually is better for your health in general.

Splurge on the duck and/or pork, then make up for it with boiled veggies and related stuff.

The staff dance is an institution there... fun to watch. But their uniforms are HORRIBLE...

• 4 weeks later...

With 300 restaurants and 900 million baht is revenue they must be doing something which appeals to the Thai market?

I like MK and eat there ~ 4 times per month on average.

I also like that they are using the famous Japanese song, "Ue o muite arukō" by Kyu Sakamoto as their theme song. For international release, and no logical reason as it is a love song, it was renamed "Sukiyaki", and heard last season in Mad Men S02E2 ("Flight 1").

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go with most of the posters here - duck is great, suki, well, I can take it or leave it. Needless to say, the wife loves it.

I must say that I've always been impressed with the speed and efficiency of the service. It's a very slick operation.