Michael Jackson Dead at Age 50

Whatever he `may` have done wrong, or whatever he may have hidden in his life, whatever we may have been thinking sometimes, one thing absolutely stands out; This guy has been of an incredible influence on music as we know it today.

:)

Absolutely couldnt agree more. Let the National Enquirer and all the other rags, salivate over what he may or may not have done in his life. Fact is, very few people know the truth.

On the other hand, what very many people do KNOW for sure is that he was a great talent and a monumental influence of music for decades.

A very sad loss indeed.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's not confirmed yet.

Man this will be one of those events were you will allways remember where you were or what you was doing when you heard the news.

Personally, no.

Elvis, yes (even though I've never been a fan of his)

John Lennon, yes (am a fan, and I was in bed with my best mates sister at the time)

Princess Diana, yes.

Twin Towers, of course.

JFK, not old enough.

Unfortunately for MJ (by his own hand) this will be the sort of stuff that most people will remember him for. (it isn't him btw)

Edited by Thaddeus

Bad day for a few it seems

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

& now it seems Jeff Goldblum too

http://screencrave.com/2009-06-25/report-j...dblum-has-died/

This is a sick hoax!

"Both Ford and Goldblum are currently filming the movie Morning Glory, which only two days ago was being shot in New York City, according to one more reputable website. So chances that either actor are dead in New Zealand or anywhere else seem nearly impossible."

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

This is a sick hoax!

"Both Ford and Goldblum are currently filming the movie Morning Glory, which only two days ago was being shot in New York City, according to one more reputable website. So chances that either actor are dead in New Zealand or anywhere else seem nearly impossible."

Hopefully your correct.

Just was told it is all over the news in Oz

Michael Jackson, the 'King of Pop,' dies at age 50

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson, the sensationally gifted child star who rose to become the "King of Pop" and the biggest celebrity in the world only to fall from his throne in a freakish series of scandals, died Thursday. He was 50. Jackson died at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles. Ed Winter, the assistant chief coroner for Los Angeles County, confirmed his office had been notified of the death and would handle the investigation.

Full story here from the AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael...WNoYWVsamFja3M-

Michael Jackson clearly was "a grown man with an unhealthy relationship with young boys", as reported by CNN. I think I'll shed a tear for Farrah Fawcett instead.

Hear hear.

Brigante7.

I remember where I was the day Elvis died. I also know where I was when John Lennon was shot to death. And now another pop icon of my youth is dead. Regardless of his problems, MJ made good music. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Michael Jackson clearly was "a grown man with an unhealthy relationship with young boys", as reported by CNN. I think I'll shed a tear for Farrah Fawcett instead.

Hear hear.

Brigante7.

I remember where I was the day Elvis died. I also know where I was when John Lennon was shot to death. And now another pop icon of my youth is dead. Regardless of his problems, MJ made good music. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

There's no need to use this media event to downplay the significance of child molestation. The excuse of "oh, boy could he dance!", is very, very lame, indeed.

So it's not confirmed yet.

Man this will be one of those events were you will allways remember where you were or what you was doing when you heard the news.

Personally, no.

Elvis, yes (even though I've never been a fan of his)

John Lennon, yes (am a fan, and I was in bed with my best mates sister at the time)

Princess Diana, yes.

Twin Towers, of course.

JFK, not old enough.

Unfortunately for MJ (by his own hand) this will be the sort of stuff that most people will remember him for. (it isn't him btw)

Twin towers is the only thing I can remember anything else?????

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

This is a sick hoax!

Hopefully your correct.

Just was told it is all over the news in Oz

Not only is it a hoax, its a very old one.

As for Michael Jackson, yes, he was a mess. But given his childhood, is it really any wonder that he turned out the way he did?

this news hit me surprisingly hard- i really feel like i have grown up with michael jackson. and yeah he came off as a freak in the end, but surely the amount of pressure he had in his life was enough to turn anyone into a weirdo. bottom line is most of us will never know the true story about him, and i prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. no matter what, he was a kick ass entertainer, and he will be missed.... RIP jacko

Just read that the Hollywood actress, Farrah Fawcett also died today.

Michael Jackson, love him or hate him, will be long remembered as one of the all time greats along there with Elvis, Bogart, Lennon, JF Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.

this news hit me surprisingly hard- i really feel like i have grown up with michael jackson. and yeah he came off as a freak in the end, but surely the amount of pressure he had in his life was enough to turn anyone into a weirdo. bottom line is most of us will never know the true story about him, and i prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. no matter what, he was a kick ass entertainer, and he will be missed.... RIP jacko

I know how you feel...when I was 16 he hit the charts with his brothers with songs like, ABC, I Want You Back, Rockin Robin, I'll Be There (my favourite)...and he just always seemed to be around...like a familiar figure so to speak.

I saw him at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1988, an absolutley unbeliveable experience.

I know he has had ups and downs with his personal life, but they say that all really brilliant people are a bit crazy.......I shall miss him :)

RIP Michael

They just showed The Jackson Five's first appearance on Ed Sullivan. Diana Ross was in the audience. What an entertainer.

Now, the media will make it as ugly as possible.

Edited by Shotime

What's he got to do with Thailand?

I met him when I worked in the Shangri La hotel about 1997 - very eccentric but likeable and of course very talented although not my type of music apart from 'Thriller'. RIP

Edited by Neeranam

Another iconic star bites the dust, whether you loved him or hated him, the music will live on forever, RIP Michael, you went out loved by millions, an achievement so many of us can not do. Find some peace.

I think I'll have a day of blasting his music, celebrating a wonderful career not a sordid media frenzy, think you should all do the same. FOR THE CRITICS Read his bio on Wiki, you will be amazed at how much you do not know about him and his achievements, I was.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

After reading some of the awful comments left on here i for one would have rather known MJ than you lot of opinionated b@stards ! :)

SPOT ON :D

I hope the mods are keeping a close eye on this

MJ was loved by MILLIONS

Edited by ThaiPauly

Whatever he `may` have done wrong, or whatever he may have hidden in his life, whatever we may have been thinking sometimes, one thing absolutely stands out; This guy has been of an incredible influence on music as we know it today.

:)

I say that if it is 'wacko's influence that is the reason for todays terrible modern music then its as well he can no longer influence it.