Red/blue 3d Glasses

T_Dog

I have been looking for red/blue 3D glasses like the ones that are handed out at 3D movies. No eyeglass shops I have tried knew anything about them, and I am hoping some TV member may have noticed them in a novelty shop somewhere. Please pass along any suggestions of places where I might buy a pair.

For those of you that are curious why anyone would want these, every month there seems to be an interesting image on APOD, http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html , that would be interesting to view in the intended fashion.

I have been looking for red/blue 3D glasses like the ones that are handed out at 3D movies. No eyeglass shops I have tried knew anything about them, and I am hoping some TV member may have noticed them in a novelty shop somewhere. Please pass along any suggestions of places where I might buy a pair.

For those of you that are curious why anyone would want these, every month there seems to be an interesting image on APOD, http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html , that would be interesting to view in the intended fashion.

My 7 year old daughter wants some to watch her 'Barbie-Rapunzel in 3D' movie, also--not quite as cerebral!

I, too, don't know where to buy a pair--someone make some outta cardboard and perspex and me and T_Dog will buy them.

P.S. I could then borrow them to view the astronomy pics also--they look cool.

Edited by haybilly

My 7 year old daughter wants some to watch her 'Barbie-Rapunzel in 3D' movie, also--not quite as cerebral!

I, too, don't know where to buy a pair--someone make some outta cardboard and perspex and me and T_Dog will buy them.

Hey, Hay! You just gave me an idea, as I've seen that plastic for sale at art stores. Might give a DIY version a shot! I'm sure they will be stylin' when I am done! Just hope they work okay.

Hey, Hay! You just gave me an idea, as I've seen that plastic for sale at art stores. Might give a DIY version a shot! I'm sure they will be stylin' when I am done! Just hope they work okay.

What about spraying a pair of contact lenses--bit too permanent?

Two pair came with my UBC magazine yesterday. Unfortunately they are now covered with curry in the garbage. Maybe UBC are resurrecting the old 1950/60's 3d movies....heaven help us, there's certainly nothing else worth watching and without the Premier League that 1,568 baht gold package is looking very expensive!

just reminded me of my youthful days watching the 3D movies at the old theatre in Auckland

the movies werent any good but the 3D was certainly a novelty, flying axes and pitchfolks :)

Same for me.

Wait it wasn't a movie, it was friday night out.

• 1 year later...

I still have a pair I saved (believe from an old True Life+ add) and just tried viewing your APOD pics wearing them with very little to no change with the images. Maybe I am looking at something else than what you're refering to? I always thought for red/blue 3D glasses to work properly the image had to be pretty much double exposed in red/blue texture ? The APOD images I just looked at appear to be exposed for normal viewing not 3D.

post-114070-0-54433200-1294783943_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx