Your Favourite Michael Jackson Song

ThaiPauly

I am devastated by the news of his untimely death.

I have sort of grown up with him, watching him when he was a kid to the present.

Say what you like about him...but he was a Brilliant Entertainer, he was not known as "The King Of Pop" for no good reason.

My favourite songs have to be:

You Are Not Alone

I'll Be There

I Want You Back

Black & White

Thriller...(what a video)

RIP Michael :)

Yours?

Not such a die hard fan but I remember playing the thriller cassette to death as a teenager. Sadly I think mine and and others memories of him will always include his eccentric ways and the allegations of being a kiddie fiddler.

yes..I forgot about that..being sexually abused myself as a kid ( one reason why I have empathy for others ) (Not by my parents BTW). thanks for mentioning that ( sincerely) , as it is part of the whole picture

Man In The Mirror

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror

I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways

And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World

A Better Place

Take A Look At Yourself And

Then Make A Change

Lots on TV could do with playing this song everyday

Oz

the OP's topic was really an easy one to answer. Do we really need to mention his personal affairs? i am sure there are many other threads out there (not only on TV) that deals with it already!.

to answer the OP's question:

Smooth Criminal

Billie Jean

Thriller

The Girl is mine

Earth Song

Dirty Diana

TB..

the OP's topic was really an easy one to answer. Do we really need to mention his personal affairs? i am sure there are many other threads out there (not only on TV) that deals with it already!.

Smooth Criminal

Billie Jean

Thriller

The Girl is mine

Earth Song

Dirty Diana

TB..

The OP asked about favorite songs and how we would remember him? All legitimate responses... I didn't care much for his eccentricities or of his perversion; but his music was awesome. It's easy to separate the lifestyle from the entertainment; but to memorialize someone you have to look at the person as a whole that includes their accomplishments and faults.

He was well deserving of his title of King of Pop; he sadly also deserves his legacy of perversion as well, he was both.

He was surely a King of Pop for a while, but has he left any lasting legacy, apart from inspiring an endless line of lookalikes doing moonwalk?

I think I remember that fat dude doing Bad even better than MJ's original.

>>>

Thriller and Billy Jean for me, btw.

I never was a fan and did not really like his music, but I suppose Smooth Criminal was a good track. I always thought he was a freak and looked like one as well but at the same time I never believed he was a Kiddie Fiddler, not at all. I think it was just gready parents wanting to try there luck and get cash out of him. I must say though that he was a little stupid in having so many kids around his place all the time. but I personally believe that he had no childhood himself due to his father being to pushy and making them reherse all the time, so maybe he just wanted to relive his childhood once he was able to.

anyway. he was the king of pop to many people for a reason.

RIP Jacko.

Thriller sold only 100 million albums or approximately one out of every 70 people bought it. I'm sure glad I didn't. I think this cult worship and lack of concern for the child molestation issues and substance abuse and psychopathological behavior is disgusting.

I don't think he molested those kids, but it sure was controversial.

I remember being very impressed by his declaration to live up to 150 years back in the eighties. He was banking on his diet and lifestyle.

Didn't work out that way.

Anyway, he had some really great music twenty something years ago, but I don't think modern pop has taken much from him. I'd say Aqua and Michael Learns to Rock were more infulential in the long run, and then there's hip hop. All kinds of crap but nothing resembling MJ.

Smooth Criminal

Billie Jean

Thriller

The Girl is mine

Earth Song

Dirty Diana

TB..

The OP asked about favorite songs and how we would remember him? All legitimate responses... I didn't care much for his eccentricities or of his perversion; but his music was awesome. It's easy to separate the lifestyle from the entertainment; but to memorialize someone you have to look at the person as a whole that includes their accomplishments and faults.

He was well deserving of his title of King of Pop; he sadly also deserves his legacy of perversion as well, he was both.

what do we Really know about his private life?? media?! Dont be a judge,we are all in a glass house.( you 2 i presume) :)

My glass house has no under age kids sleeping in my bed...........he was a twisted individual period

we are all "twisted" in our own way( in others eyes i guess am twisted 2 because of my replies in here).Who knows what really happened in the bedrooms. what i know 4 sure is that he brought Love into billions of peoples "hearts" and he still do. We all know(hopefully) that unbelievable "feeling" (xsmpl, when your hairs raise up on ur body like a porcupine) we get when we listen to music made from your inner.

Who's Lovin' You? with the Jackson 5

Pretty much everything on Off the Wall is genius

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'; Baby Be Mine; Billie Jean; Human Nature; PYT off Thriller

I think most of what he did after Thriller (and even some of this album is highly questionable) was, frankly, pretty shit, mostly due to the diminishing influence of Quincy Jones. Exceptions include: Smooth Criminal; Remember the Time; Scream; Butterflies

Rock with you was the track that got me into him and up to thriller he was the man. Personal life aside he will be remembered as a great performer and dancer, though he admitted copying Jeffery Daniels from Shalama in the moon dancing and moves. Check this video out of Shalama on top of the pops performing " A night to remember " Then think MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ImkBve8OW8

Also this

though he admitted copying Jeffery Daniels from Shalama in the moon dancing and moves.

I remember actually seeing that live on Top of the Pops when I was a kid. The next day at school everyone had lost their minds over that shit. Shalamar were ace.

I loved it even more when I learned the song was written about a rat.

Never really been a great fan of Michael Jackson, but I have always thought Ben was great, particularly because it was about a Rat.

I just hope he has exorcised his Demons

Rest in Peace