Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Bike In Falangs Name

Id prefer to have my next bike in my name and so would my girlfriend. What docuemtns do I need to get this done, and is it a hassle? I know it can be done. Right now I have a Non-imm b visa, valid for another 6 months, and after will have easy access to a students visa, as i plan on studying at a very reputable institution after 6 months.

I want to buy a bike 2 hours away from Bangkok, and plan to go there tuesday morning, and stay one night, arriving in bangkok by 4pm wednesday. Can it get transfered in a day, assuming the seller is quikc with helping me upon the scheduled arrival? I know with a thai name it can. This bike is not a big bike. Just an nsr 150.....

Thanks for any input.

-Lenny

All you will need is a certificate of residence,which you can get at your local immigration office,and copy's of your passport and visa.You will have to fill in some papers which are in thai but I assume you can get them at the registration office.Bike must have a valid insurance at the time of transfer.Bike can be transfered in a few hours.

Nice. this is all convincing. I have a thai drivers liscence too.

The residence document that was mentioned. Is this the same one required to et the drivers liscence?_ If so, i recall i needed to get it from the canadian embassy and it cost me 1400 baht or something. :)

Nice. this is all convincing. I have a thai drivers liscence too.

The residence document that was mentioned. Is this the same one required to et the drivers liscence?_ If so, i recall i needed to get it from the canadian embassy and it cost me 1400 baht or something. :)

It is possible to get a letter of residence detailing your address in Thailand from your local Amphur for free or maybe a little tea money.

Take along your girlfriend and house book and get her to explain what you need it for.