Thanni.com

jeffer

It's been like that for a couple of days. Hope it's a web maintenance rather then a business issue.

Who would you use as an alternate? I was just about to order an APC UPS from them... Or if you know of an APC dealer in CM that would help. I've got a fussy NAS box that generally only supports APC and I can't find any here.

It's been like that for a couple of days. Hope it's a web maintenance rather then a business issue.

Who would you use as an alternate? I was just about to order an APC UPS from them... Or if you know of an APC dealer in CM that would help. I've got a fussy NAS box that generally only supports APC and I can't find any here.

The majority of my on-line orders I place with shop4thai.com. I use Thanni for items they may not have or are cheaper there. I believe I got my last APC from shop4thai.

APC UPS

Alternatively, you may wait another day or two to see if Thanni comes back on line and compare prices.

The majority of my on-line orders I place with shop4thai.com. I use Thanni for items they may not have or are cheaper there. I believe I got my last APC from shop4thai.

APC UPS

Alternatively, you may wait another day or two to see if Thanni comes back on line and compare prices.

I had already compared to shop4thai, but they were a bit more expensive than thanni. I'll wait a little bit I guess and see if they come online again. It seems odd that they would be down for this long, but then again... TIT.

Isn't there a JIB Computer branch in Chiang Mai?

JIB carries APC UPS's.

This shows two locations.

J.I.B. Chiangmai

If you can't read Thai, you can run that page through translate.google.com

//edit - there is going to be a computer fair in Chiangmai from July 02 - July 05 so Veazer might try there.

regarding the thanni problem, their stock went down and were not renewed, this was very easy to check with the dvd burner page were only one was still in stock.

and i also understand why my RMA(worth 600 baht) took so long to be checked(45 days) and never came back.

This is probably not a good time to be advance paying for anything. My visit to a large Lotus and Carrefour yesterday found two cashiers open and no wait at either. At HomePro I seemed to be the only person in the store not employed there. The last days before the end of the month is normally wall-to-wall - with lines of small business owners having full carts.

This is probably not a good time to be advance paying for anything.

That is a good point. I'm finding many of the on-line shops now with very limited model ranges offered compared with a year or more ago. Appears inventory reduction is happening rather broadly. For example, I was recently looking for a specific model (higher end) of Canon printer or the model equivalent. Only the low end models were offered and even there just a few. Last year, there were large number of choices, now only a small handful.

The shop4thai website seems to be designed by my grandfather but I found them excellent in responding to requests

so if you see something cheaper elsewhere, ask and I am sure they will match the price.

Shop4thai is great because they answer emails and pick up the phone when you call.

On recommendations from this forum I have been trying to purchase a HD from Thanni. I checked the availability and price a couple of days ago while the site was still up but when I tried to place my order today kept getting the "Down for maintenance" page.

Had a look around at other On-Line shops from the forum list and found what I was looking for at BigItShop and it was 140bt cheaper.

Did all the stuff and money transfer this morning, they phoned back with confirmation and I should have my drive in a few days.

Didgits crossed :)

The only thing that worries me about BigIT at times is the large number of out of stocks, often on everyday items. 

I hope the stock they have online is better than in their shops. I wanted to buy a WD Elite 500GB external drive (listed on their site) last week and none of their shops I tried could get one for me, not than any other shop even knew what I was talking about  :)

Looks like a Seagate Free Agent is what I'll end up getting now.

BigITShop are a waste of webspace...

I placed quite a large order with them, got the confimation, etc, etc.. Waited over a week, emailed them.. None of their email addresses work, all were bounced.. Called about 10 times, eventually it got answered, I got put on hold for 10 minutes to be told they never had stock of what I wanted and that I would be refunded..

They took over 1 month to return the cash to my card.. I had to threaten them with credit card charge backs etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Alright all you cynics and skeptics go wash your mouths out :D

Got my Hard Drive today from BigIT Shop, 9 days including the weekend and public holidays I'm well pleased with that :D

I see the Thanni site is still down :)

for those who saw those downtime in the past, do you think it's safe to order from them?

Personally I would have no problems ordering from them. However, it would probably be a good idea to e-mail them to verify the item you want is in stock.

Noticed this on their site confirming a probable site upgrade or possible change in ownership:

Notice :: Bank Account Numbers have been changed. Please use our new bank account numbers for all future purchases. [Thanni.com]

Notice :: Due to server maintenance (July 2009), your registration or order may not be completed during that time. If you cannot find your transaction record, please redo the transaction again. Thank you. [Thanni.com]

Just got Atom set from them.

Ordered Wed. The items were shipped out Thu and arrived Fri. My order came pretty fast with commercial carrier, faster than EMS and much much cheaper.

The only thing i don't like about Thanni.com is that they don't have phone support.

I have tried Shop4Thai. They have great support, but their prices are all expensive. Some cost even more than my local shops.

You can negotiate down shop4Thai - tell them the price on Thanni, and they'll match.

I avoid Thanni for their non-existent phone/email support. If stuff works, it's all peaches and rainbows but if something goes wrong it's just too annoying to deal with for me.

At shop4Thai, I have sometimes asked for items they didn't have in stock, and a few hours later got back an email saying that they have it - they just add items on demand.