Soi Solo Closed For 3 Days

The nightclub and all bars down soi solo are closed for the next three days does anvbody know why? There was a thai man shot on saturday night witnessed by myself and my friends as well as all revellers in the nightclub. Are the bars and nightclub closed down due to this?

The nightclub and all bars down soi solo are closed for the next three days does anvbody know why? There was a thai man shot on saturday night witnessed by myself and my friends as well as all revellers in the nightclub. Are the bars and nightclub closed down due to this?

I'd say you've answered your question yourself. Can't think why else.

regards Bojo

Only the Solo night club is closed, all other bars are open.

what amazed me was that all the bars there stayed open after the event, even after the police came they carried on. a few years ago a policeman was shot and killed in there they closed for about a month and installed metal detectors and searching of Thai males. did not last long. if he was an important person it will be closed for a while if he was a nobody then they will not be closed for long.

sure you will agree it was a sickening site watching his mates trying to get him on that bike and take him to hospital.

My girlfriend and I were in Bar Solo the night that the policeman got shot a few years back. What we thought was fireworks was actually the gun fire. As we walked out we more or less had to step over the body that was then covered with a sheet. We also spoke to the English guy that took a bullet to the leg. Very nasty stuff indeed. Haven't been back since

what amazed me was that all the bars there stayed open after the event, even after the police came they carried on. a few years ago a policeman was shot and killed in there they closed for about a month and installed metal detectors and searching of Thai males. did not last long. if he was an important person it will be closed for a while if he was a nobody then they will not be closed for long.

sure you will agree it was a sickening site watching his mates trying to get him on that bike and take him to hospital.

No, the night we were there, when the policeman was shot, they already had metal detectors in place. I distinctly remember getting scanned the night we went. Go figure.

There was a thai man shot on saturday night witnessed by myself ...

Yes, well, go on. Tell us the story.

It was approx 3.30am i was chatting to a few friends near the bar and i heard a few loud noise's we all looked about and then we saw a commotion happening with a few people thai and farang gathered in 1 area when we went over to inspect there was a thai man being gathered up of the floor by 2-3 men (its a bit vague as i'd had a few by this time) they were struggling to gather him up but he was covered literally head to toe in blood getting it all on his friends/floor. At this point my missus told me to get away from it all which i did and go home. I have heard that the thai man died the following day. I'm no doctor but from looking at him i'd have thought he died there and then. Sorry it's a bit of a sketchy story but there's not a great deal more that i can add as thats my account of the story maybe another member can give their version of events?

wacth out for pay back, lets hope they keep it out of ,tourist spots and pray they, dont kill an inocent bystanders/party goer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.,personally wont go anywhere near those places,its hard to get away from though ,even seen runnig gun fight up lamai high street,bullets flying ,everywhere they just dont care . the island is out of control,going down the sh**ter,dont blam the farang, :) the locals are killing it

My friend was shot in the hand in Solo a few years ago. Although the bullet was not aimed at him it managed to find its way by means of a ricochet. It was meant for the security guard who moments earlier denied a young male Thai entry for being underage. The bullet shatterd bones and muscles and to this day still (and always will) has limited movement.

If your idea of a good time is going out getting hammered and dancing and carousing at 3:30 in the morning (in a bar frequented by locals packing heat) then you should expect the unexpected.

Honestly, I have never understood the "middle of the night clubbing" mentality.

If your idea of a good time is going out getting hammered and dancing and carousing at 3:30 in the morning (in a bar frequented by locals packing heat) then you should expect the unexpected.

Absolutly correct Mark. You've hit the nail right on the head. :)

There is clearly demand for it as they wouldn't be open at these times