Maxnet Dns

scifi

I am on Maxnet Premier and for the last couple of days I have been getting Indy-quality DNS on international urls - i.e. rubbish. Many sites fail to load, some only load after several refreshes. I thought I had been downgraded to Indy (I am in dispute over a random fee that has appeared on my bill), but my upload speed is 1MB, which I think indicates Premier. Does anyone know if they are doing maintenance? Does OpenDNS work on Maxnet again yet? How can they make this so flipping difficult? Thanks for any help. What would we moan about if we ever get a hassle-free broadband service here... :)

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms 124.157.233.1

3 * * * Request timed out.

4 * * * Request timed out.

5 * * * Request timed out.

6 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms mx-ll-58.147.0-90.static.tttmaxnet.com [58.147.0.90]

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 58.147.41.1

3 * * * Request timed out.

4 * * * Request timed out.

5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms mx-ll-58.147.0-209.static.tttmaxnet.com [58.147.0.209]

I've had similar problems in the last few days (maybe week or so). Good to know I'm not alone. Today, the last few hours, have been particularly bad. Can't check email or anything.

I think there may be an international gateway problem, since local sties work okay, but some overseas sites are harder or impossible to reach.

I changed modems and saw the same problem, so it is not hardware, stopped bittorrent activity, as well, and that is not the problem.

I am on Maxnet Premier and for the last couple of days I have been getting Indy-quality DNS on international urls - i.e. rubbish. Many sites fail to load, some only load after several refreshes. I thought I had been downgraded to Indy (I am in dispute over a random fee that has appeared on my bill), but my upload speed is 1MB, which I think indicates Premier. Does anyone know if they are doing maintenance? Does OpenDNS work on Maxnet again yet? How can they make this so flipping difficult? Thanks for any help. What would we moan about if we ever get a hassle-free broadband service here... :)

Me too, in the last 4 days.

Me too ..I am on Indy thou ...int. access was fine up untill 9 or 10 days ago and just nosedived since .... no access or access after repeated attempts of 'internet cannot find' blue page. Also some Thai websites too suffering the same fate ... all has slowed considerably .... glad to know its not just me me me.

You You You.

Thanks for the replies - yes, good to know we are not alone/going mad.

Thanks for the link webfact. I can't get to it at the moment, guess what: page not found :)

There is another thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maxnet-t276797.html) about Maxnet changing their name... I can't see how that would affect service, although maybe some of the alternate names suggested here have hurt their feelings.

Thanks for the replies - yes, good to know we are not alone/going mad.

Thanks for the link webfact. I can't get to it at the moment, guess what: page not found :)

There is another thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maxnet-t276797.html) about Maxnet changing their name... I can't see how that would affect service, although maybe some of the alternate names suggested here have hurt their feelings.

Scfi: Thanks for the link webfact. I can't get to it at the moment, guess what: page not found :D

Me too ..5 attempts LOL ....AKA 'the Maxexcrement experience' :D

jeeeeeesssss! :D

Thai Super Net

here again primary and secondary dns (dnsadvantage)

May the luck be with you.... :)

Edited by webfact

I just UPGRADED from Indy 4Mb to Premier 2Mb as my service was getting so bad recently, and thought is was due to the overselling the Indy package in my Village. With another 3 friends on another Pattaya Forum, and downloading Torrents, thought it was them slowing my service. But still as bad.

I have never done Torrents as I do not know how, so that is not the reason for MY problems.

I have to hit the enter key 3-4 times to get a url. I thought it was problems with their Proxy Server, but reading above, think it is just a Cr-ap service. :):D

PS. Lucky I copy and pasted this message as it failed to load first time I hit the enter button. Just got a "URL does not exist" screen

Same problem here just north of Kanchanaburi using Maxnut.

I've phoned and complained about the lack of service 3 times this week. Not sure if it does any good but each time a very sweet voice tells me 'Yes we have problems that we are trying to fix'.

So everything will be fine, soon...........ish.

I guess this is the same problem I've been having the past week or so down here on Samui. I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message on IE7 and its equivalent on Firefox using both on two different laptops. It used to be that hitting Refresh once worked but it seems like it is taking more times before it works or not at all. The resort I'm at uses Maxnet and just a few days ago upgraded from the 1MB connection but I was having the problem before that.

Same problem here in Songkhla. At times very good speeds, other times no connection or very unstable and slow.

Normally I was getting 1.6 meg down and .8 meg up with a 50 ms ping. Now down to 0.09 down with 96 ms ping :)

TIT

Edited by CDNinKS

here again primary and secondary dns (dnsadvantage)

May the luck be with you.... :)

Thanks webfact for the info. I'm a Maxnet Premier 3mb customer. Switching the DNS server address to dnsadvantage resolved the page not found errors I was getting.

Well, it is certainly a nationwide problem, which makes sense as I suppose all the inter traffic is squeezed out of Bangkok.

Thanks to webfact and gosompoi for providing alternate DNS settings; as others have confirmed, these work well. I have switched over now - no problems. I should have tried that earlier, but I read recent posts about how Maxnet has been blocking third-party DNS. I recommend that anyone on Maxnet switches over. If anyone needs a pointer, I will post some instructions, or maybe another poster can help out, I've got to get back to work. Thanks all.

I have been having the same problems on two separate connections. Yes, switching over to OpenDNS solves the problem, but it's slower (ping to OpenDNS is about 250ms vs about 50ms for ISP DNS).

Very glad to find out I am not the only one with the problem. I was starting to suspect my routers.

koheesti, DNS settings can be configured on your local machine, so if you are using the resort's connection, but your own laptop/device, I think you can just go ahead and change the DNS settings on your machine and things should improve. (I think that is right...?) However, if you are using a public PC provided by the resort, you are probably stuck with the full Maxnet "experience". I am guessing you need admin rights to modify the DNS settings, but maybe you could try, if it is a public PC. Or ask; I suppose that would be the polite thing to do :)

i have constantly had problems with websites loading properly the last two months. I have to refresh the sites constantly. This is always like 90% of the time. The technician came out here two months ago and said it was my computer. Funny, how when i go to Malaysia or Bangkok, I never haven the problem.

The other problem i have is that emails sit in the for sometimes up to four hours before they go through.

Does anyone at TTT know what their doing! They dont return calls and send techs that dont even know how to spell DSL.

i have constantly had problems with websites loading properly the last two months. I have to refresh the sites constantly. This is always like 90% of the time. The technician came out here two months ago and said it was my computer. Funny, how when i go to Malaysia or Bangkok, I never haven the problem.

The other problem i have is that emails sit in the for sometimes up to four hours before they go through.

Does anyone at TTT know what their doing! They dont return calls and send techs that dont even know how to spell DSL.

Today 30th June, I can hardly surf the net at all........odd that I can get TV (think its server is in Australia but not sure). Is there something wrong with the 'GLOBAL INTERNET' or is is just Asia?

It takes me five hours to do in Thailand what it takes me five minutes to do in the USA........the internet here is horrible, to say the least. I don't know how people can do business here.

Same shit here in Bangkok with TOT for a few days now.

I am far from being an expert in this field, but figured out, that, when I use a VPN-Connection like the one from swissvpn.net (which I use for online-banking reasons anyways) everything works fine. Of course not as fast as if connected directly, but acceptable. No longtime solution though...

Yes the old 'it's your computer' problem.

Don't believe a word of it.

When they come out with that BS I always insist that they plug in their own pc.

That is when they come out with 'must be your modem'.

Always get them to plug in a spare modem at this point.

Only then will they admit to a network problem.

Yes the old 'it's your computer' problem.

Don't believe a word of it.

When they come out with that BS I always insist that they plug in their own pc.

That is when they come out with 'must be your modem'.

Always get them to plug in a spare modem at this point.

Only then will they admit to a network problem.

good move

Today 30th June, I can hardly surf the net at all........odd that I can get TV (think its server is in Australia but not sure). Is there something wrong with the 'GLOBAL INTERNET' or is is just Asia?

It takes me five hours to do in Thailand what it takes me five minutes to do in the USA........the internet here is horrible, to say the least. I don't know how people can do business here.

check this out

Internet Traffic Report

BTW: TV server is in Singapore