Sepp Blatter

dave111223

How can this moron possibly make statements about the Premier League spending too much, while saying that Real Madrid spending 200M in one summer is good??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ls-Picasso.html

SEPP BLATTER has backed Cristiano Ronaldo's £80million move to Real Madrid, claiming: He is football's Picasso.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5405899,00.html

Blatter unhappy with Prem spending

Sepp Blatter still wants to curb the Premier League's spending power, but the FIFA president accepts his aim might be difficult to achieve.

Although the indications are Manchester City will fail in their efforts to lure Samuel Eto'o away from Barcelona, Blatter remains deeply troubled at the migration of talent to England.

It could be pointed out Real Madrid are the ones who have done the big spending this summer, twice smashing the world transfer fee record, first to buy Kaka, then Cristiano Ronaldo, who will cost an amazing £80million from Manchester United.

However, Blatter views the method of owning clubs in England as inherently unsatisfactory, putting the Premier League at an advantage compared to their major European counterparts.

"There are big associations, like France, Germany and Spain where there is a by-law that the owners of the club must be at least 51% from the club," said Blatter.

"They must be members of the club or partners from the same country.

"This does not exist in the Premier League and it is a problem we have to address."

Yet Blatter is currently at a loss as to how exactly he will achieve his aims, given UK law will not be changed to implement the same ownership rules that exist in other countries.

"We have no right to interfere in economic movements," he admitted.

"We, the whole FIFA family, is aware of this.

"We have spoken before about financial fair play. Financial fair play is not only a licensing system and financing control but financing fair play means also that all participants should observe a minimum of fair play."

Blatter's comments are unlikely to have much of an effect on City's summer recruitment drive.

Yet the return of Mark Hughes from his summer holiday on Tuesday evening might be spoiled by confirmation that Eto'o intends to see out the remaining year of his contract at Barcelona.

While Barca are keen to push through the "stratospheric offer" City have made the Cameroon star given he could leave for nothing next summer and will miss a month of next term at the African Nations Cup, it seems Eto'o will resist a £25million deal that could see him net £200,000-a-week.

The situation will be clarified tomorrow when Eto'o's agent Josep Maria Mesalles holds a press conference to outline the 28-year-old's intentions.

While a decision to remain at the Nou Camp would be a disappointment for City, at least Hughes would avoid the major headache of how to keep all his attacking players happy given Eto'o would have been joining a squad that already included Roque Santa Cruz, Robinho and Craig Bellamy and to which Carlos Tevez will be free to add his name on July 1.

Having already signed Gareth Barry, Hughes' other priority is central defence, although he might have to increase his £15million valuation on Joleon Lescott if he is to lure the Everton defender away from Goodison Park.

He also said this a few years ago, probably what most men think anyway but you'd think that a guy in his position would know better, basically he's a tool!!!

'Football's most senior administrator attracted the wrath of the women's game last night by suggesting female players wear tighter shorts to promote "a more female aesthetic". Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.

"They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball. That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Blatter's comments outraged leading European female footballers, and have threatened to undermine the sport, which has 30 million registered players worldwide.'

notwithstanding that blatter is an offensive gobshite, he does have a point about the ownership and debt issues. english clubs are operating with appalling amounts of debt that other top european clubs do not have, so it does give them an unfair advantage really. valencia, for example, are in deep debt and will probably have to sell their best three or four players this summer to survive. liverpool, united and chelsea are all in far more debt than valencia but there's no fire sale going on from them. it isn't a level playing field in europe.

notwithstanding that blatter is an offensive gobshite, he does have a point about the ownership and debt issues. english clubs are operating with appalling amounts of debt that other top european clubs do not have, so it does give them an unfair advantage really. valencia, for example, are in deep debt and will probably have to sell their best three or four players this summer to survive. liverpool, united and chelsea are all in far more debt than valencia but there's no fire sale going on from them. it isn't a level playing field in europe.

Couldnt agree more, though Liverpool and Man U are repaying someone elses debt which it could be said evens out the playing field a little.

Nothing can be done about it, as the fans arent going to get together to but a percentage of any club, if this were to happen then surely Southampton fans or supporters of any other club who go broke would have done it when they could have bought at the rock bottom price.

'Football's most senior administrator attracted the wrath of the women's game last night by suggesting female players wear tighter shorts to promote "a more female aesthetic". Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.

Personally, i think that is the only good thing he has ever said. If I was in charge, I would also add that they shouldn't wear bra's :)

Women's Beach Volley ball get's my vote every time :D

i agree what he says about foriegn ownership it cannot be good for the game,like over night the 2nd team in manchester(city) can have the spending power to compete with the likes of madrid,and struggle to fill the seats at east lands.

And take over the 2 biggestclub sides in england and run them in to debt to suit there own needs.

i agree what he says about foriegn ownership it cannot be good for the game,like over night the 2nd team in manchester(city)

I think you'll find we're the only team in Manchester, nev. :)

can have the spending power to compete with the likes of madrid,and struggle to fill the seats at east lands.

Do i detect an hint of jealousy. Fekkin RAGS do my head in. Another team has some money which could potentially enable them to compete with you and you start to gripe about it.