Over The Counter International Transfer

Hi all.

wondered if anyone can walk into any bank/branch with cash (less than $1000 USD in THB) and transfer into someones account overseas without presenting their passport or other ID.....

Any insights appreciated.

Hi all.

wondered if anyone can walk into any bank/branch with cash (less than $1000 USD in THB) and transfer into someones account overseas without presenting their passport or other ID.....

No, not possible.

Bank of Thailand regulations stipulate that the identity of the person sending the money is registered along with the reason for the transfer.

Even for tiny transfers at for example Western Union, the standard BoT form has to be filled out along with a copy of your passport.

Also for receiving funds. Because of this BoT regulation, the secret question option at Western Union is not available in Thailand.

Hi all.

No, not possible.

Bank of Thailand regulations stipulate that the identity of the person sending the money is registered along with the reason for the transfer.

Even for tiny transfers at for example Western Union, the standard BoT form has to be filled out along with a copy of your passport.

Also for receiving funds. Because of this BoT regulation, the secret question option at Western Union is not available in Thailand.

Thanks for the definitive reply, Do you happen to know if this is doable in cambodia? The person in question will be there in a week or so...

Thanks

No idea on banking regulations in Cambodia...

Although I am curious it's as to why his anonymity is so important! As he can travel to Cambodia he must be in possession of his identity papesr!

If it is a one time thing, and the only issue here is that you do not need/want proof that you yourself made the transfer, just ask someone to do it for you. You can walk into the bank/western union with him/her or alternatively use his/her online account. No hassle.

Further, depending on the situation, there are ways to pay someone with a non registered Paypal account, a skype account, topping up his/her (non-registered?) phone, 2 debitcards for one account registered in the country where you deposit the cash in his/her, or your own name, sharing online banking etc. Of course these transactions only provide a certain amount of privacy and are not 1000% proof, but I assume you are not part of a terrorist- or drug/weapons network.

Hi all.

No, not possible.

I send on a monthly basis 5000 baht to someone in the Phillipines via Western Union.

I go to the post office, complete the "send money" form, present my Thai driving license, pay the money plus fee (5475 baht), and it is done.

Nowhere on the form I have to give a reason for the transfer.

I have no idea if the secret question is available, I send to someone with an ID-card.

I am also given the amount of peso that will be paid out to the receiver, and that amount is always available.

Edited by hansnl