"chanot " Info Wanted

when my village was surveyed quite a few years ago , the owners of houses and land were given Chanot title deeds. Since then many more houses have been built in the village on land not previously surveyed. Those houses do not have a chanot .

Does anyone know WHY it is such a problem for someone from the land office / government dept ,to come and survey the other land and properties in the village and issue chanots for those Without.

I have been told I must wait like everyone else and eventually they will get to my village ?

Friends of mine have been told the same - 5 years ago ?

Any help or advice on what can be done or what I can do to speed up the process, other than pay a bribe , which I also tried with no joy. Obviously I didnt offer enough money .

I am sure you get things moving with a little cash - As I understand it Chanodes can only be issued that are adjacent to another Chanode title ? So it will depend if any of your adjacent properties have already been issued with an upgrade .

It's quite common to wait for an area to be surveyed. One area will be surveyed/upgraded to Chanote and then often years later an area close by will have it's turn. A property next to a Chanote title can be upgraded easily from Nor Sor Sam at any time. If many land owners get together and ask for upgrade at once, usually the land office will oblige. Often title deeds have been issued illegally in the past, especially bordering national parks and officers now have to abide by the law far more than in the past.

Regards Bojo

when my village was surveyed quite a few years ago , the owners of houses and land were given Chanot title deeds. Since then many more houses have been built in the village on land not previously surveyed. Those houses do not have a chanot .

Does anyone know WHY it is such a problem for someone from the land office / government dept ,to come and survey the other land and properties in the village and issue chanots for those Without.

I have been told I must wait like everyone else and eventually they will get to my village ?

Friends of mine have been told the same - 5 years ago ?

Any help or advice on what can be done or what I can do to speed up the process, other than pay a bribe , which I also tried with no joy. Obviously I didnt offer enough money .

Sir,

You fail to mention what the 'legal-status' of the land in question currently holds ?

Perhaps, by reading through the info. below, you may be able to address some of your questions & concerns ?

So, once you are able to ascertain the current legal status, come back to this forum again.

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

TYPES OF CERTIFICATES OF RIGHTS TO LAND

Sor Kor 1

Is a certificate issued by the relevant local authority representing entitlement of a person to possess land in accordance with the request for registration of such person.

Such certificate is not considered a certificate of ownership of the real property.

In the case of any dispute arising over the rights to the plot of land, this certificate is required to prove possession and, therefore, the person whose name appears in Sor Kor 1 certificate will be in a stronger position. Nonetheless, evidence recording the real possession is required. Since Sor Kor 1 does not represent any ownership right of real properties, it can not be mortgaged.

Nor Sor 3

Is a certificate issued by the relevant local Land Department Authority certifying the usage of land of the person entitled thereto. No aerial survey photo of the land has been taken. Therefore, there is no specific position of the land being identified.

Any real property transaction in connection with Nor Sor 3 which requires registration with the local land authority must be published for an objection to be made (if any) for a period of 30 days.

The person whose name appears as the owner of Nor Sor 3 has a right to transfer, sell, dispose of and mortgage the Land upon registration with the relevant local land department in accordance with the Land Code and other regulations, notifications and announcements relating to it. Any transaction in connection with the real property (except where the lease is not more than 3 years) must be registered with the relevant local land authority and will be shown at the back of Nor Sor 3.

Nor Sor 3 Kor

Is a certificate issued by the relevant local Land Department Authority certifying the usage of land of the person entitled thereto. An aerial survey photo of the land has been taken which makes Nor Sor 3 Kor different from Nor Sor 3. The result of having an aerial survey photo is an ability to identify the exact position of the land boundary.

The person whose name appears as the owner of Nor Sor 3 Kor has a right to transfer, sell, dispose of and mortgage the Land upon registration with the relevant local land department in accordance with the Land Code and other regulations, notifications and announcements relating to it. Any transaction in connection with the real property (except where the lease is not more than 3 years) must be registered with the relevant local land authority and will be shown at the back of Nor Sor 3 Kor.

Chanot (Title Deed)

Is a certificate of ownership of real property in which the person whose name appears as the owner has a real property right to transfer, sell, dispose of and mortgage the Land upon registration with the relevant local land department, including the lease.

The land office moves oh so slowly. From the above post: I then take it that the land must already be Nor Sor Saam Kor, that is: an ariel photograph must be in hand to define the boundaries of the land. If this is not the case, then that is maybe why it is so drawn out.

A small example of Land office dealings: My friend had 2 Chanotes for two pieces of land adjacent to eachother. In order to get approval from the bank for a loan to build, the bank insisted that the land had 1 Chanote only.

Friend goes to land office to do this ....Yes sir, about 45 days ....or today for 5000 baht. He choose the latter option in order to get the bank's approval.

Yup money works with them and maybe you'll have to up the ante/ as Bojo said: band together.

Good luck with the LO.