We Are Looking For A Cleaner/babysitter

callum

We are looking for a cleaner to work at our development of 7 units in the Pratamnuk Hill area. In addition to the cleaning of the car park, common area and house frontage, the person will be responsible for looking after our 6yo boy after school. Working hours would be about 12 noon to 1900 Monday to Saturday. Ideally, the person should have some transport to collect our boy from school but we have a motorbike that can be used if they don't have transport. There will be some nights when we need the person to babysit and stay overnight. Salary will be between 4,500 and 5,000 baht per month with some extra for babysitting.

If you know of anyone, please pm me with a name and phone number. We will call them back and speak to them in Thai.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by callum

4,500 and 5,000 baht per month

12 noon to 1900 Monday to Saturday

You will be more likely to get readers of this forum to make an effort to assist you in finding someone whom they have confidence in if you are able to increase the salary a little.

callum,

Are you strapped for cash? Not trying to be funny... Seriously, 4,500~5,000/month sounds awfully low when the person is to be in-charge of your 6 year old. That wage is essentially the same as service girls make taking drink orders which is a no-brainer job. Surely your kid is worth more than this.

That wage is way low. I pay my maid 8000 baht per month for 4 mornings a week. About 8 to 11 or 12 noon. She gets extra for babysitting in the evenings or on weekends at 100 baht an hour. When you find a good maid, pay her well because she will not have a problem finding work.

I do not know anyone who would be willing to work those hours at that wage.

Thanks for the feedback on the salary. The current maid who is leaving to look after her mother was quite satisfied with this level of salary for the hours. In effect, the only hard work is the cleaning which takes about 2 hours per day. The time she is looking after the kid is not exactly hard labour! Appreciate the comments about the motor bike. We only use the bike when the car is away. My missus uses the back roads and avoids the traffic.

We will take a look at the salary again but this is a matter for the residents committee.

The time she is looking after the kid is not exactly hard labour!

We will take a look at the salary again but this is a matter for the residents committee.

I reckon that the child-minding is the most important and demanding part of the job description; try it some time.

If you need to refer to some committee regarding recompense for a chore which has buggerall to do with them, I think they will similarly ask you to fork out of your pocket for the babysitting part of the Cleaners day. I know if I was on that 'committee', I wouldn't expect to be subsidising YOUR babysitter.

I would suggest that 4k/month would suffice out of committee sanctioned funding for cleaning and another 5k/month out of your pocket solely for the child-minding.

Edited by NanLaew

I am a member of the Committee of a condo in pattaya. Our cleaning staff are paid in the range of 5,400 to 6,590 baht dependant on lenght of service. They also receive 30 baht per day meal allowance and and additional months salary as a bonus at the year end.

I think that you will find that the lower end of your range (and maybe also the upper end) is below the legal minimum wage for Pattaya.

Just my 2 baht's worth

I have had the same maid for 5 years

I have a two bedroom house. My maid does no garden work.

I have a gf who lives here. I have a washing machine.

I do not cook much and my gf usually washes the dishes..

OK, enough

I pay 1200 / week for three days and fours hours / day.

An average of 100 baht / hour

The time she is looking after the kid is not exactly hard labour!

I reckon that the child-minding is the most important and demanding part of the job description; try it some time.

If you need to refer to some committee regarding recompense for a chore which has buggerall to do with them, I think they will similarly ask you to fork out of your pocket for the babysitting part of the Cleaners day. I know if I was on that 'committee', I wouldn't expect to be subsidising YOUR babysitter.

I would suggest that 4k/month would suffice out of committee sanctioned funding for cleaning and another 5k/month out of your pocket solely for the child-minding.

Who said the committee were paying for the babysitting element? You seem to have jumped to the wrong conclusion here!

Anyway, we filled the job today at the advertised salary.

I spoke with a lady yesterday who quit her job at Sizzler earlier this year (she's now working at the Beergarden). She worked there full time for 9 years at a salary of 5000 per month with no tips.

It would seem that the OP's advertised salary is not out of touch with reality.

callum,

Are you strapped for cash? Not trying to be funny... Seriously, 4,500~5,000/month sounds awfully low when the person is to be in-charge of your 6 year old. That wage is essentially the same as service girls make taking drink orders which is a no-brainer job. Surely your kid is worth more than this.

Give at least 20.000bath a mnd. B Good! Dont tell me ur not able 2 give that kind of amount.( changes) ( many song have that name 2) Changes,,, :) do ur part!

callum,

Give at least 20.000bath a mnd. B Good! Dont tell me ur not able 2 give that kind of amount.( changes) ( many song have that name 2) Changes,,, :) do ur part!

Why stop there? Why not give whatever the full salary would be for such a job in the OP's home country just to avoid any accusations of exploitation.

Edited by tropo

callum,

Give at least 20.000bath a mnd. B Good! Dont tell me ur not able 2 give that kind of amount.( changes) ( many song have that name 2) Changes,,, :D do ur part!

Why stop there? Why not give whatever the full salary would be for such a job in the OP's home country just to avoid any accusations of exploitation.

Yeah :) Agree