Non-immigrant O-a

I am in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant O-A, Multiple entry visa issued by Thai Embassy in my homecountry. This visa expires in October and I am planning to renew here in Thailand. My question is will I still get the Multiple entry or is this something they only give at embassies outside Thailand

Only in embassy in your home country.

Make a border dash before the visa expires and you'll get a additional 1 year stamp. :)

That's right, then you can get a multiple re-entry permit from your local immigration (3,800 baht last time I looked), and hey presto, you have another 12 months multi entry without having to go through any visa application hassles.

The O-A Visa can only be applied for in your own country.

As said if you do a border run a day or 2 before the expiry date of the Visa (not your permission to stay stamp) you will get another 12 months.

In Thailand you apply for a 12 month extension of your permission to stay at Immigration.

You don't get a multiple entry visa.

You will get a 1 year extension.

Once you have that, you apply for a multiple re-entry permit, so you do not lose your extension when you leave and re-enter the country.

The main difference here is, that each time you leave the country and you return, you will be stamped in again and will be allowed to stay until the date your original 1 year extension allowed you to, unlike with a multiple entry visa issued abroad where you will get 1 full year each time you enter, counting from the day you enter!